Cajon Pass WIP

~snip~ Man those mountains are looking so green and dark...wonder how I'm gonna do them :confused:

Hi wridenour.

The mountains in that link look very similar to the terrain I’ve modelled in my Italian routes.

If you think this type of terrain may be of use, send me a PM and I’ll give you the details of how I did the modelling, texturing and misty effect. None of the parts are particularly difficult, but the right combination of all three seem to work quite well.

Cheers
Casper
:)

b6b3e3f2.jpg

C.P. Walker....odd name lol

Man those mountains are looking so green and dark...wonder how I'm gonna do them :confused:

FYI the CP Walker was named in honor of Chard Walker, a famed historian of the Pass who worked both the Summit and Cajon depots/order offices and published a great book on the subject.

C.P. Walker....odd name lol

Man those mountains are looking so green and dark...wonder how I'm gonna do them :confused:

Not Exactly
I Remember Reading Up On This One
C.P. Stands For Controll Point
And Add The Last Name Of The Man Above And You Got A Name
So, I Don't Find It Odd
But I Must Say The Route Is Coming Along Amazing! I Love It, When Finneshed I Can Actully Ride My Home Rails, Considering I Am From Cali And Have Been Up That Way Multiple Times
Keep Up The Great Work
-Taylor

Last edited:
Not Exactly
I Remember Reading Up On This One
C.P. Stands For Controll Point
And Add The Last Name Of The Man Above And You Got A Name
So, I Don't Find It Odd
But I Must Say The Route Is Coming Along Amazing! I Love It, When Finneshed I Can Actully Ride My Home Rails, Considering I Am From Cali And Have Been Up That Way Multiple Times
Keep Up The Great Work
-Taylor
You are correct about "Control Point" but the BNSF dedicated this C.P. in memory of Chard Walker

Are You Going To Release Both A Speedtree Version Of The Route And A Non Speedtree Version On DLS Too?

No, just a non speedtree version. Well, it's got a few speed trees in it, primarily palm trees...if you don't like them, just use the replace assets tool.

So... can someone link me to the route? Is it on the DLS or is it still being worked on? If its Cajon Pass Xtreme, then where are San Bernardino and Barstow, that "route" is just the start of the mountain-ish part of the line. If someone could link me to the finished product, or at least give me some info on the state of it, that would be great.

Could someone please link me to the full Barstow to San Bernardino route? I've been searching for it for months upon months and finding nothing.:'(

No, there is no new thread that I know of. Let this one die. And if you can't find what you want, chances are it's not there, perhaps put the work gloves on and build your own.

Back