C&TSRR Bridges?

Maas124

Colorado Railfan
Hi,
I've been working on the C&TSRR for a few weeks now, using a downloaded TransDem route.
I was wondering if there was a narrow gauge bridge that was steel. I currently have a wooden stand-in at Lobato, and have yet to find something for the Cascade Trestle. If you were wondering what these bridges look like, I'll post some pictures soon.
Maas

Here are some pics:
images

Lobato Trestle
images

images

Cascade Trestle

Maas

I made the Cascade Trestle some time ago. kuid2:210518:1368:1 Its for TRS2004 but can be used in TS2009 and up with minimal changes (version number and change the category-region and era lines).

I'm pretty sure I made the other one too but couldn't find it (but didn't look too hard either, lol). Will look some more and get back to you.

EDIT: Found them

I made two versions of the Lobato Trestle. Kuid2:2101518:1366:1 and kuid2:210518:1367:1. I think the only difference is one has a darker texture then the other (its been years lol). I also think I spelled them Laboto instead of Lobato. Again these are TRS2004 but should go into newer versions with minimal changes.

Ben

Last edited:
Thanks.
It's nice to have a specific bridge for each. One fact about them is that they have no cross bars between the bents(supports)
Maas

When you consider I made these over 7 years ago (July, 2007) its a miracle they look like bridges at all, lol.

In reality a lot of what I make has limited info and photos. Its not that there aren't a lot of photos available - rather they tend to all be from the same angle. This is most often a matter of access. The place from which to get the best photo is often a "you can't get there from here" place, lol.

Do you Gmax? If so I should still have the original Gmax meshes. If you would like to modify them to be closer to the prototype I have been known to provide original meshes now and then.

Ben

Last edited:
I could try getting Gmax on my windows partition...
Never have tried it, but I think I can figure it out.
I'll see.
Maas

Gmax is not something you can learn overnight and in the long run you would be better off learning Blender (which can't be learned overnight either) but there are tutorials available and lots of folks willing to help. Blender is more modern and supported. Gmax is neither. My Gmax mesh will not work in Blender but as I said earlier in the long run you would be better of with Blender (even though I'm a Gmax-mutt as opposed to a Blender-head lol).

Ben

Back