Building a new Indiana route. here is a sky view in trainz

nugget2225

hi guys just to let everyone know that may be interested in indiana routes i am creating a huge project of central and western indiana, this project will more than likely take me a year or longer to complete, this will be a payware route, anyone interested in partnering with me to work on this project let me know. the route begins in speedway indiana and continues north through my home town of lebanon and this north track will end in frankfort indiana, the northwest track goes through brownsburg and ends in crawfordsville indiana , 20 miles from the illinois border, this route wil be mainly single track in the year 2013 as most of the track has been removed, but i plan on adding some extras in from earlier years to have more track. this is about 60 miles from speedway to frankfort and about 70 miles from speedway to crawfordsville. my major goal is to have alot of interactive industry and make the majority of the content from the download station and jointed rails.i used transdem to create the landscape and will do my best to make the track itself as accurate as possible, so if you like long freight trains this will be a route for you. feel free to comment.

I started to model the Indiana Railroad two years ago. It started from IRR's main yard in Indianapolis and ran down through Morgantown and down into Bloomington Indiana. In the city of Indianapolis, I had a single track and double track around the old Beltway, which ran around the southern side of the city. Unfortunately that all got lost when TS2010 crashed on me and wiped it out.

The Indianapolis Union Station was the first union station in the world, opening on September 20, 1853, by the Indianapolis Union Railway within the Wholesale District of Indianapolis, Indiana at 39 Jackson Place. A much largerRichardsonian Romanesque station was designed by Pittsburgh architect Thomas Rodd and constructed at the same location beginning in November 1886 and opening in September 1888. The head house (main waiting area and office) and clock tower of this second station still stand today. [SUP][3][/SUP]
Amtrak, the national rail passenger carrier, continues to serve Union Station from a waiting area beneath the train shed. It is served by the Cardinal and is the eastern terminus of the Hoosier State.

Last edited:
In 2006, I started to build a model of the Monon from 23rd St in Indy to 96th St. I was trying to be way too realistic, placing building exactly where they were in real life using aerial photos. The truth was that when you're going by in a train, you don't notice that kind of detail, plus all the polygons were killing my old computer at run time.

Now, I'm starting over, hoping to make a route that goes from Union Station to State Line. Distances are at 66% scale from Union Station to the White River, and then 25% scale on north.

In 2006, I started to build a model of the Monon from 23rd St in Indy to 96th St. I was trying to be way too realistic, placing building exactly where they were in real life using aerial photos. The truth was that when you're going by in a train, you don't notice that kind of detail, plus all the polygons were killing my old computer at run time.

Now, I'm starting over, hoping to make a route that goes from Union Station to State Line. Distances are at 66% scale from Union Station to the White River, and then 25% scale on north.

I've run into the same situation while trying to build my own hometown. I was never satisfied with the results because I could never get anything to come out exactly how things should be. There weren't enough buildings, the right buildings, tracks were wrong, I could go on. Eventually I scrapped that portion of my route and started over.

John

Back