Brisbane CityTrain - 800x600 pixels

Petan,

I should offer a clarification on the matter of the quote; as I the original questioner remarked that he would like to see the trainz routes as part of a CD pack. I was not reffering as you mentioned about selling obsolete documents, refference material for any money or otherwise payment as you would be infringing on the Copywrite Act 1968 (Commonwealth).

Peter C, Myself or any member of Queensland Heirtage Railway Limited, DO NOT wish to gain personally or on behalf of the organisation by selling refference material at the highest bidder. We have no intention to do this at all or at any point in the future. As this material should remain freely avaliable, and to be used correctly under the guidelines of the 1968 Copywrite Act (Commonwealth)

I hope that clears the matter up further.

With Regards

Michael Gitsham
Chief Executive Officer
Queensland Heritage Railways Limited

Thank you Michael.

Your earlier post alerted me to the possibility that someone may in the future try selling the material so my public statement here and other places tonight has served a positive purpose in that I have now publicly stated no one can sell the material for any reward or profit of any type, money or in kind or any other way.

I must strongly state the above as any hint of a profit of any kind may also stop people donating material to me and therefore the rail historian community as a whole will be the loser.

My wish is that many rail historians are already downloading and storing this material so if anything ever happens to me or these downloading websites disappear, these other historians can continue to make the material freely available long after I have passed to the next life. So people, please download and store and pass around in a not for profit manner as much as you like.

If anyone downloaded the Brisbane-Gympie section from the 1961 NCL WTT or similar and plan to operate trains according to these timetables in Trainz, please remember food and a refreshing "cup of tea" for both passengers and crew!

As an example, the Sunlander's dining car was attached between Bundaberg and Mackay only in that era. Therefore the letter "R" next to Landsborough on the Down 1961 NCL WTT for #241 Sunlander late at night [11:14 to 11:22pm] is when passengers could got their "cup of tea". That train left Roma Street [hence the z code next to the 9:30 pm departure time] so by 11:14pm everyone would be ready for their "cup of tea", provided they could get served in those 8 minutes as the Sunlander left that station at 11:22pm.

Other trains also have the "R" at interesting places.

Small "m'" in the columns is crew meal spots, so please ensure your crew could have a feed. The Award provided that the meal break was to be taken not before the fourth hour and not later than the fifth hour on duty.

An answer as to the reason behind the green cars, set 26, has appeared in the latest ARHS[Q] magazine Sunshine Express [SEPT OCT 2010] in a letter from WW Henderson who is a very well respected retired QR Engineer for Design and Construction.

He states it was the idea of the Commissioner at the time, Alva Lee, who thought the commuters might welcome a change of colour. The Commissioner himself chose the colour green with grey windows and white tyres. Read the magazine for the full letter.Re the rest of SE; a good interesting read and thanks to the SE workers!

Cheers
Peter

Hi Guys just a short note say hi and to say I am haveing a good time in Oz
Vicki and I went into bisbane from nerang the otherday and I think it was at the southBrisbane station I saw a rail welding factory and some wagont with rail loaded on to them I well try and go bace and take some pics
in a few days.
I haven't been able to fine a shunting yard yet to take pics any Ideas
Chris-Vicki Sullivan

Im a Shunter for QRN Acacia Ridge Yard is the big freight yard where Narrow Guage and Standerd Gauge is Shunter and the the place u were talking about is called the buttwell were pick up loaded rail sets

Hi There EL3136 is there a way I can get there to take some pics of the yard and rollingstock
chris sullivan

And on that gocard my wife and I have found it so easy to use
I am haveing a cool time here in ozy
Thank you all
chris - Vicki

Hi There EL3136 is there a way I can get there to take some pics of the yard and rollingstock
chris sullivan

And on that gocard my wife and I have found it so easy to use
I am haveing a cool time here in ozy
Thank you all
chris - Vicki

They won't let you inside to take pics.

Hello Everyone,

I am currently finishing off Ferny Grove Section; its being housed and textured since all the signalling, bridges and station fittings. Expect a few screenshots during the week, and cricketstar will be back doing gold coast after some encorragement from me.

I was searching around on the web, last night after finishing off Alderley and found this beautiful image of it back in 1925 with its original wooden station with the former Sawmill in the background with houses starting to pop up on the hill.

xu7lg.jpg

Regards
Michael Gitsham
Queensland Heritage Railways

Seen that pic before. The unclosed shelter on the left is still there today.

Return to City Train

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce; that we shall be returning and we hope to showcase our project at the present stages. We have progressed well over the years, and hopefully now it is on the final stages of near completion.

Regards

M. Gitsham

Hello Everone too,

I am working at rebuilding tracks at this time in all three merged maps of Brisbane City Train lines avaible at DLS to TRS 2004, Brisbane South TRS04+Gold Coast TRS04+Cleveland TRS04 with SAM tracks.Screens will be folowed.Maybe some video of testing finished areas with EMUs.I was looking at Google maps mainly at Roma street station to compare what i try to build and i was close...but..the continuing lines from the station is missing and i want add in some way especialy EMUs yard and loops behind Central Station..and southwest missing conections too....if everyone could help with this i will appreciate this :)

Back