Brisbane CityTrain - 800x600 pixels

Pete,

essentially you need to open the asset in CMP and remove or alter the offending item(s) as listed in the error and warning box. Sometimes this is a simple issue but ofen in removing the offending error you rended the asset invisible in game. I am very amateur night at this so maybe others will advise better than I.

I will open and see whether I can fix the loco and get it to operate in 12 and let you know how I went.

Mark

[QUOTE}So, does the Trainz 12 software automatically adjust the gauge of the loco and rolling stock to suit what ever track gauge is used?[/QUOTE]

No adjustment is made or possible. You can run any gauge train on any track, regardless of the gauge. The trains are not guided by the visible part of the track. If the train floats above the track then the track or the train is made incorrectly.

Peter

trainz89_20111227_0000.jpg

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QGR/QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Pete, essentially you need to open the asset in CMP and remove or alter the offending item(s) as listed in the error and warning box. Sometimes this is a simple issue but ofen in removing the offending error you rended the asset invisible in game. I am very amateur night at this so maybe others will advise better than I. I will open and see whether I can fix the loco and get it to operate in 12 and let you know how I went. Mark

Progress report on the non loading Dreddman 1200, 1225 and 1300
No luck with these but I did get colhad's QR 1300 class,<kuid2:50587:209:1> repaint to work just by downloading off the Trainz download station. Now I am curious about any difference, apart from the paintwork, between the two 1300 locos as that difference would suggest the problem with the other one.

cricketstar; I am still working my way through the link you gave and thanks for that! Problem is my lack of background in all this as my field is historical rather than technical.

General Dispatch

dont worry, it isnt my field either, at least it has helped somewhat

Good Afternoon, Everyone.

Well, that is where I come in. I have been in trainz longer and I have picked up a lot over the years for my young age.

Peter, just email them to me, and I can s what I can do. I have done the same for Ipswich. They work perfectly, if not just email the original creator to seek assistance.

With Regards

Michael Gitsham
QGR-QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Peter, just email them to me, and I can s what I can do. I have done the same for Ipswich. They work perfectly, if not just email the original creator to seek assistance.
With Regards
Michael Gitsham

Michael, I downloaded the 1200/1250 and the 1300 off the QLD yahoogroup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QDRTrainz/ but I can't get them to work as they show up as red in the TZ12 selection box in surveyor mode. Have you also downloaded these locos from that yahoogroup and got them to work in TZ12?

peter,

I got the 1255 to work in ts12... its really a matter of deleting or removing the errors that show up in the CDP... I can't recall how I managed it but really if you just keep deleting the warnings or erros it will eventually work. You may have to go into CDP several tiumes as it generates new warnings or errors after you delete the orginal errors..... yes it's not great I know.

Would be great to get some 3ft 6in bogies for Dreddman's locos too..... wishful thinking?!

Would be great to get some 3ft 6in bogies for Dreddman's locos too..... wishful thinking?!

Thanks Mark for the follow up advice ;)

Are you also hinting that Dreddman's locos have standard gauge bogies or that the cdp in that yahoogroup does not include any bogies?

Cheers
Peter C

ok, im now working the gold coast line and i have now done basic track work from fairfeild to yatla pies

Cheers,
Jake

Rosewood 1993

Hello Everyone,

Just a shot of Rosewood made to the 1993 pattern just when line was freshly electrified. It includes the Turntable, which the base can be seen to the present day, the connection to the Perry's Nob Branch [which is now the AHRS Rosewood Railway], water collums, and semaphore signals. I will have to request to Willem2 that his Rosewood has its footbridge at the wrong end, its actaully ment to be at the Toowoomba end not the Brisbane end. I will be requesting a special version for the project, aswell as many other things.

I have been working hard on improving Ipswich, and I hope you enjoy my work to come; here she is :)

trainz89_20120206_0001.jpg

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Bit of a discussion over on the Australian Screen shots thread which may interest people. Lots of data about steam loco use in Brisbane and southside turning facilities such as turntables. Hopefully I can redirect it here next time.

Cheers
Peter C

Following on from Petan's post in Aus Screenshots about Sunnybank, I'm sure I read somewhere once that the forkline was removed at the time of duplication i.e. c1952. It also had a very steep leg, about 1 in 25, that made life difficult. It might have been in my copy of Desto Sth BNE, but possibly somewhere else (Exploring the Railways of Qld - South from Brisbane perhaps?).

Following on from Petan's post in Aus Screenshots about Sunnybank, I'm sure I read somewhere once that the forkline was removed at the time of duplication i.e. c1952. It also had a very steep leg, about 1 in 25, that made life difficult. It might have been in my copy of Desto Sth BNE, but possibly somewhere else (Exploring the Railways of Qld - South from Brisbane perhaps?).

Try Desto South Bne P.29/30 My old maps locate it on Dixon Street mid way between Station Street and Feltwell St.

Sorry but can not find more about the Sunnybank triangle being rail car only. There apparently is also some difference in the QR term for the petrol / diesel rail units we sometimes call rail motors. The earlier 1920s, 1930s and 1940s ones were sometimes called rail motors and the post-war 1800, 1900 and 2000 Class railcars. The timetable term was "Motor Passenger" in some eras. If interested see John Knowles' 1967 ARHS Bulletin articles.

Another terminology item I discovered is the QR and QGR terminology. There was no such official person called QGR Commissioner or QR Commissioner, at least no such name in the Railway Act of Parliament.The principal officer in the time era of the Southport line was “The Commissioner for Railways” and neither “Queensland Government Railways” [QGR] nor the shorter “Queensland Railways” [QR] appear in the Railway Act of Parliament for this Southport line era. There was a change in the 1991 legislation but those really interested can buy the ARHS Bulletin DVDs to discover that.

The Queensland Government owned railways staff used both the terms “Queensland Government Railways” [QGR] and the shorter “Queensland Railways” [QR] at different times. The wooden carriage luggage racks had a seemingly random mix of the QR and QGR monograms on the metal supports. A November 1939 advertisement for travel along the North Coast “Sunshine Route“ used both QR and QGR.

Kerr, John, “Railway titles QR or QGR” ARHS Bulletin October 1994 P. 282
Knowles, John, “Railway titles QR or QGR” ARHS Bulletin November 1994 P.314
ARHS Bulletin DVDs http://www.railwaybookshop.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes&sppp=10

Cheers
Peter C

Back