Be Careful when you click

Alco_P-A

I've noticed when placing items in surveyor that double items will appear for some reason. I can only imagine what would happen if I clicked more than once on an item. Anyone else experiencing this? Using classic surveyor.

I thought that was happening when I was planting trees last night in TRS2019 and Classic Surveyor. I thought it was my imagination. Now I'm not so sure.

Interesting!

I've placed down a few buildings, track, roads and more but I'm not getting any doubles in both Surveyor classic and 2.0 on a new baseboard.
I have also been or trying to upgrade some routes for my personal use and I'm not getting double placements.

I was scared to click on this thread 'Be careful when you click' but it all turned out safe to click on ;) :p LOL

Something else I've noticed also. When placing something I've clicked on and put it on the layout, If I go to rotate it there is a double of it there. Strange things going on in 22PE.

Something else I've noticed also. When placing something I've clicked on and put it on the layout, If I go to rotate it there is a double of it there. Strange things going on in 22PE.

I tested this and that's why I said, I'm not getting any doubles.
It's either your computers are hyped up into double click mode or it's becoming self-aware!

Edit: Forgot to add, go into your mouse settings and slow down the click and see if the double placements happens. If it does, its the mouse that needs to be replaced.

How could a change to mouse programming be accomplished without changing the N3V software on the customer's PC? I always assumed that N3V did not make real-time changes to the program code on the PC.

boleyd: PhilChorusch01 is talking about going into your operating system`s preferences and modifying the global settings for all programs. Modern programs don`t handle the mouse at all; they leave that to the operating system and just use what the OS tells them. This means that the programs don`t need to be modified to change mouse settings, only a few values in some data file maintained by the OS (the infamous registry on Windows systems), and the Control Panel, as Windows calls it, is where you find the program to change those settings. Does this clear things up for you?

How could a change to mouse programming be accomplished without changing the N3V software on the customer's PC? I always assumed that N3V did not make real-time changes to the program code on the PC.
Go into settings, in Windows 10! Assuming the same is for Windows 11.
Devices | Mouse top right click on 'Advanced mouse options'.

Tip: Take a screenshot of the default settings

In the Buttons tab, you will find 'Double-click speed' change the slider to slow 'at least 3 bars down', then click Apply then OK!

Now, if the test fails in surveyor classic and 2.0. While placing any object in surveyor and if you see a double, you will need a new mouse.
Then restore the mouse settings.

Back