Baking a Building for Trainz

Zeldaboy is correct. If you use a bake function then you need illumination (i.e. lights). Setting up the right lamps/lights in a 3D modelling tool is another art forum.

If you scroll to post #15 you will see I have used four lamps on my sample cube. You will need to add one or more inside your building. They should be of omni type (360 degree arc).

You are correct pcas. In Blender, when I was baking the texture's for my Faceless Lady model, I needed to set up the lighting so it would come out decent. I wasn't sure if the same applied to 3DS max, but I guess I am.

Zeldaboy is correct. If you use a bake function then you need illumination (i.e. lights). Setting up the right lamps/lights in a 3D modelling tool is another art forum.

If you scroll to post #15 you will see I have used four lamps on my sample cube. You will need to add one or more inside your building. They should be of omni type (360 degree arc).

But how can I do that in 3ds Max 2012?

I don't have 3DSMax but in Blender you add them just like a cube/sphere/plane mesh. Once installed you should have options to change the style, direction, intensity, etc.

The Blender artistic community often set up curved backdrops to get soft reflections. This is like a professional photographic studio with those umbrella lights.

If you cannot find the lamps, ask the question in the Content Creation forum.

Correct. When rendering objects to see how the UV map applies to the object, usually a lamp needs to be placed to see the object in rendered view in blender as well.

Back