Back to Michigan!

chrisracer8903

Michigan Trainz
I finished-up the Detroit Connecting Railroad (Going to upload it as soon as I can), and I decided to go back and extend EVEN MORE my highly detailed CSX Saginaw Sub. This time I'm extending North of Plymouth all the way to the very end at McGrew Yard in Flint, Michigan where CSX exchanges their trains with the Lake State Railway to Saginaw/ Bay City. This will be the full sub so Carleton- Flint is the entire CSX Saginaw Sub. Adding all this to Flint adds numberous operations and trains you can now run. Although this line (North of Plymouth) only has 2 schedueled trains a day, there are many, many extras such as grain trains, locals, and BNSF powder river coal trains everyday and also interchanging with the Michigan Air Line Railway in Wixom. There is also the Wixom branchline in Wixom where they served the Ford Wixom Plant which is now closed, but the last few years it's become a huge freight car storage area. Here's some shots from the last 2 days of working on the route:

trainz2008031620173814ni9.jpg

D739 (Plymouth-Wixom) runs under 8-Mile road overpass in Northville.

trainz2008031620184116nu8.jpg

D739 sounds the horn for motorists on Novi Road.
trainz2008031620185598xq1.jpg

Passing the spur to the Novi Recycling Center and the South side of the Novi passing siding.
trainz2008031620201314io4.jpg

A stretch of open space between Novi and Wixom.

Now from Wixom to Flint is mostly single track with a passing siding north of Wixom, Clyde, Holly, and Grand Blanc. Most of this line is forest and steep hillsides until Grand Blanc/ Flint. -Chris

Last edited:
Looks amazing!! :udrool: :udrool: :mop:
Good to see your extending it! Cant wait to make a video on this.

Cheers,
Adam

WCL I had your post deleted, I am getting to old for this crap just leave Grog alone and Chris nice looking route.

Last edited:
I agree Cap
These kids really need to grow up and learn to leave me alone.
First this happens in my threads now I can't even complement a friends work without this??
Somethings wrong and its not with me.

John

Last edited:
Er...

I think I missed out on something important :confused:

Quit yer bickering, children :eek:

Well Chris, glad to see you're gonna continue firing 'em out :D

What's up with the above posts? It the route LGBT approved or something? :eek:

Well, lets forget about the past and move ahead!

Update on the route. I have finished up to the north end of Wixom Passing siding and finished the Wixom area. I will hopefully upload some shots tomorrow night. Wixom is an interesting spot with the Wixom Branchline; serving the Ford Wixom Plant (Until it closed) and now it's a big storage yard. Also, there is interchaning with the Michigan Air-line Railway (Former GTW) and Wixom yard is sandwiched right between both of these lines I just told you about. So stay tuned! -Chris

I've been working like mad lately on school, work, and this route!

Today I will be showing my experience of riding/ chasing N956 (Almost-daily BNSF Coal Train from Powder River to Essexville Coal Plant in Bay City, Michigan) on the CSX Saginaw Sub. So here we go:

Mid-morning as N956 winds around the wye in Plymouth (On my exhisting Saginaw Sub from Carleton to Plymouth included on the route). He crawls through North Yard.
trainz2008032122032109gg8.jpg

Alittle later we catch him at the Beck Road crossing as it whales on that K5HL horn in Wixom.
trainz2008032122110115tq5.jpg

trainz2008032122111128fv8.jpg

Going past Lincoln Yard with nothing going on.

trainz2008032122112911th2.jpg

Going over the intersection of Maple and Wixom Roads.

trainz2008032122114721ll2.jpg

No interchange today on the Michigan Air-Line Railway.

Continued.....

Last edited:
Ok now, we are near Milford as N956 just hit the defect detector:

trainz2008032122132305ci4.jpg

trainz2008032122143515cm8.jpg

Crawling over Milford road and through downtown Milford.

trainz2008032122145676gr8.jpg

trainz2008032122151712wj3.jpg

trainz2008032122175064az8.jpg

Later on we see him crossing over a private crossing in Highland on the Clyde passing siding.

trainz2008032122182828oz9.jpg

Just after clearing the north end of the Clyde passing siding.

trainz2008032122190938fn1.jpg

Now he slows down in Clyde as he approaches Holly.

That's all I have for now Right now I am working on the CN Diamond in Holly (A copy of the same Holly in my CN Holly Sub) , then through Grand Blanc and then CN Diamond/ McGrew in Flint and then I should be done! So far I haven't run the full route from Carleton to Holly, but from Holly to Plymouth takes about 45 real minutes.
icon_smile.gif
-Chris

Detailed yet not overdone.....

Chris, you have a unique style in route building, detailed yet not overdone. From the looks of this route I bet you get decent frame rates on low to mid level machine. Maybe Auran should consult your work for future built in routes.

Chris, you have a unique style in route building, detailed yet not overdone. From the looks of this route I bet you get decent frame rates on low to mid level machine. Maybe Auran should consult your work for future built in routes.

Thanks, Plymouth to Wayne gets about 20-23fps, and north of Plymouth towards Flint (Where the pics are shown) get about 33-37fps on a 2.15ghz PC. As far as the Auran stuff goes; I would like this route to be included in Trainz Classics if it could, but atleast a new addition of the Trainz Routes Volumes if they do anymore of them. -Chris

Last edited:
Thanks, Plymouth to Wayne gets about 20-23fps, and north of Plymouth towards Flint (Where the pics are shown) get about 33-37fps on a 2.15ghz PC. -Chris
Chris you have amazing talent! When I had a lower end graphics card I could run all your routes with very little to no hiccups! Now that I have a even better card it makes it so much better!
Also have you ever thought of connecting all of your wonderful routes together that are in the michigan area? I tried merging your Saginaw Sub and NS Michigan Line together and its almost a tight fit,as if you planned it!
Keep up all your gret contrubutions to this community!:)

Hi Chris.............
I have noticed in some of your shots, the one labeled......

" Going over the intersection of Maple and Wixom Roads"

Just wondering where you got that crossing from??? I've seen it before with all four roads stopped i think....

But otherwise, this is a great route. Keep up the good work!!

Anthonyg

Back