Australian screenshots

Some random screenshots from the East Hills line. I haven't strung any wires beyond Glenfield at the moment so it may look a little weird seeing they stray M-Set in the screenshots.

Hmmmnn... grassy.

sl-2010-06-21-%5B1%5D.jpg

Looking north between Bexley North and Bardwell Park.

sl-2010-06-21-%5B2%5D.jpg

West of Holsworthy station looking towards Glenfield. This section used to allow speeds of upto 160km/h, but I think it's now limited to 115km/h.

sl-2010-06-21-%5B3%5D.jpg

Further west of the previous photo looking underneath Moorebank Avenue, Holsworthy.

sl-2010-06-21-%5B4%5D.jpg

Slightly east of the previous photo with a short branch line towards Moorebank on the left. Not really sure if it's ever used anymore.

sl-2010-06-21-%5B5%5D.jpg

Finally, near Glenfield junction. I'm not too sure if the signaling along the route will function correctly, but I've tried my best. It does look cool though with the correct detailing of the "accept" and "this train must not pass..." etc plates attached.

That's all for now. :wave:

Last edited:
Wow. Just, wow.

Yup!!... what he said!! :udrool: Great to see you posting again, Deadly.

Beautiful stuff all around in all honesty... just beautiful. Daniel, Ghosty, Kent... marvellous stuff.

@SARRailways... if I recall correctly, when you were trying to post sarail's Brill Car, you nearly had it. You left off a the closing "]" when quoting the code from the web picture site.

Me so jealous:'( Great screenshots guys; some very talented people frequent this thread, and the fact they share their progress is much appreciated by everyone.

Keep 'em coming guys:)

Matt.

What I thought would be simple... create a 3 board module... release to DLS. Not so easy.

Was delighted with the way my Melton Valley town/suburb was shaping up, then moved onto the "easy" part of the approach. I tell you, I'm hopeless!! I can't resist going back... adding a shrub here... strategically rotating a cow there... lifting or dropping the height of some vegetation. Talk about obsessive compulsive. Honestly, epitomises why I've started about 60 routes and completed none!! :eek:

Anyway, some shots of the Afternoon Weekday Passenger...

On the approach to Melton Valley...

sarmeltonvalley830pass1.jpg

sarmeltonvalley830pass2.jpg

Through the yard... I'm considering swapping out the NSWGR signals for a UK version (these appear to look closer to South Oz semaphores).

sarmeltonvalley830pass3b.jpg

sarmeltonvalley830pass4.jpg

At journey's end... a hive of activity at the station. I've also grown fond of the no-platform look.

sarmeltonvalley830pass5.jpg

Forest_Runner, it looks great. Certainly makes my efforts pale somewhat in comparison.

Speaking of which, some more shots of my WIP, now tenatively named 'NSWGR Leycester.'

leycester1oildepot.jpg

The oil depot; replaced the stock siding after i gave up on making that look very realistic.

leycester2park.jpg

The small park where families come to relax and unwind at the end of a hard week.

leycester3town.jpg

An overall view of the main road through Leycester.

The route is looking alright, if i say so myself. I'm happy with the detail of the town, all i want to do now is plant a few trees, and get some textures going.

As always, comments are more than welcome. I would love some feedback, as i am planning on making this my first DLS upload.

Matt.

Forest_Runner, it looks great. Certainly makes my efforts pale somewhat in comparison.

Matt.

No, no, no, Matt!! Should never look at it like that. Remember, we all have our own ideas and styles as well. We can all learn from one another, appreciate one another's efforts, and inspire each other accordingly. That's the way I view the last couple of pages of where this grand old thread is at anyway.

I believe your own module there is coming along very nicely. You've got a nice interpretation of town and surrounding urban area. I really like the touch with the bus stop/depot and small park.

Another thing I see in your posts as you've progressed your project, it's like a segmented tutorial. You've started off some boards with track, then built up around this. People can take heart and inspiration from this... especially newbies to TRS/TS.

It really is great stuff in my opinion. :)

Forest_Runner brilliant as always.

Matt, dont be negative mate, your screenshot of your route look great :) Your town looks very realistic.

Deadly, very very nice, looks the part indeed.

3830, Wow mate, those shot get better and better.

Cheers

Trent

Was delighted with the way my Melton Valley town/suburb was shaping up, then moved onto the "easy" part of the approach. I tell you, I'm hopeless!! I can't resist going back... adding a shrub here... strategically rotating a cow there... lifting or dropping the height of some vegetation. Talk about obsessive compulsive. Honestly, epitomises why I've started about 60 routes and completed none!! :eek:
Probably the same as so many other route makers, starting and rarely finishing, quite often starting on a fresh idea instead. Whenever I have to do more detailed areas such as around stations and towns I'm pretty much never satisfied with how they turn out. I'll, similar to you, just constantly keep altering the height and rotating objects more and more.

It also seems odd to me that it can take hours to decorate even just 2kms of the route in a simple bushy area.

Wow. Just, wow.
Hopefully I can actually start posting pictures of stations soon. Macarthur, Ingleburn and the generic station buildings which sit on stations from Panania to Turella are just sitting in Gmax waiting to be completed and textured.

Last edited:
mattm
those of us that have been sharign the fruits of our map makign all started off in the same place, i bet if you asked every map maker that there have been plenty of maps made and plenty of maps scrapped. Through these early works we all learned to hone our skills and make a blank baseboard into a route, dont get flustered at the efforts you see before you know it you will have a route that will maze you. Secret is take your time, never rush a map, and dotn be afraid to seek advice or assistance from others if you feel stuck. but from what i have seen so far your doing alright so far matt.

ghosty

Wow, i'm flattered, really, i am. Tanvaras and Forest_Runner, i really appreciate your comments. They make all the frustration of getting a realistic town in place seem worth it.:D

Forest_Runner, i'm glad you like my bus stop. I stumbled across some content by Ray_Whiley,as it was in development, and feel in love with it.
The park was something i put in because i haven't actually seen one in any route i have downloaded. It was a pain to put together though, because i have not been able to find several items that would make it that little bit more realistic.

You should have kept quite about the tutorial thing, though. It has given me an inkling of an idea, and i haven't even finished this project yet!

Cheers, and thanks again.

Edit: Ghosty, just saw your reply, thanks to you also for the kind words. I love this part of the forum, and the attitudes of the majority of posters is the reason why i do.

Matt.

Last edited:
The park was something i put in because i haven't actually seen one in any route i have downloaded. It was a pain to put together though, because i have not been able to find several items that would make it that little bit more realistic.

Matt.

I know what you mean about it being a pain to put together. In this scene (apologies to requote my own image), where the ramshackle old industry with ramshackle old fence is... was a clay tennis court. Beside that was a small park that backed on to the station area itself.

sarmeltonvalley003.jpg

I gave up with the park. It drove me up the wall, across the ceiling and down the other side... basically the same things you mentioned in your post. So well done with your persistence on it.

With the park gone and transferred into a vacant overgrown area, the tennis court then looked out of place. After blundering across that now legendary fence, I remodelled the scene to what you see here.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about it being a pain to put together. In this scene (apologies to requote my own image), where the ramshackle old industry with ramshackle old fence is... was a clay tennis court. Beside that was a small park that backed on to the station area itself.

-image snipped-

I gave up with the park. It drove me up the wall, across the ceiling and down the other side... basically the same things you mentioned in your post. So well done with your persistence on it.

From humble beginnings, greatness rises.. or something like that:hehe: So the story of the fence is revealed at last. I think the scene you have there is very nice; without lazy content creators that fence would have never been made famous.:D
As for the matter of my persistence with the park, it was just something i felt that, once started, i had to get finished. Otherwise, i probably would have got the you-know-whats with the whole thing and scrapped yet another route.

Anyway, nice pics everyone.

Matt.

sarmeltonvalley003.jpg

With the park gone and transferred into a vacant overgrown area, the tennis court then looked out of place. After blundering across that now legendary fence, I remodelled the scene to what you see here.

Forest_Runner

Please stop teasing me that you have 2010 and I dont. I am a huge South Australian Railways fan and would love to have this content. I do beleive that if the loco there is 930. it should be single ended. As 930-937 i beleive were signle ended. I will try to post those images soon.

Thanks, SARRailways :D:):D:)

Forest_Runner

Please stop teasing me that you have 2010 and I dont. I am a huge South Australian Railways fan and would love to have this content. I do beleive that if the loco there is 930. it should be single ended. As 930-937 i beleive were signle ended. I will try to post those images soon.

Not that it really matters, but the loco depicted is #938. All of my rail material quotes only the first 6 were single ended.

My preference is to enjoy my own as well as other peoples work, creativity and shotz with this hobby/game, rather than be a rivet counter. Comparing to prototype, in this entire thread alone there is a litany of locomotive livery, numbering and gauge "errors"... but hey, anything is possible in the virtual world of Trainz/TRS/TS.

I am, however, meticulous with my home HO scale layout locos and rolling stock.

Last edited:
Not that it really matters, but the loco depicted is #938. All of my rail material quotes only the first 6 were single ended.

My preference is to enjoy my own as well as other peoples work, creativity and shotz with this hobby/game, rather than be a rivet counter. Comparing to prototype, in this entire thread alone there is a litany of locomotive livery, numbering and gauge "errors"... but hey, anything is possible in the virtual world of Trainz/TRS/TS.

I am, however, meticulous with my home HO scale layout locos and rolling stock.

Hi Forest_Runner

Sorry to be a know it all person. Still your screenshots are great.

Back