Australian screenshots

trainz89

According to the records i have seen regarding the Bundamba loop the section from Box Flat to Redbank closed in 1970, the first so many hundred metres or so of the loop at Redbank were retained for use as a shunting neck which seems was removed in the past year or so.

in regards to its inclusion i have the section to the powerhouse included and a short section out of Redbank but the rest is not there as i would have had to have full details of the line for its inclusion.

cheers

ghosty

Actually Ghosty, I think it may have been removed a little longer than that but I may be incorrect also. I do remember being on a job doing the shunt in Redbank yard one night and finally getting to go down that track a reasonable distance. I had always wondered where it went.That side of the yard hasn't been used for a while. I think there are a few of the roads that have been cut off at the Brisbane end and the others are just housing some old container flats.
End of waffle
Glen

ron

the loop line ran from bundamba through to box flat then via the back of new chum to redbank. the section from Box flat through to redbank via new chum is the section that i was referring to.

cheers

ghosty

Hello All

Hey Dreddman, I Like The Locomotive But It Still Needs Some Tweaking Becuase The Boiler Needs To Be Scaled Back Or The Locomotive Frame Be Extended, and The Wheel Set I Would Love It To Appear Like This Grand Old Duchess: BB18 1/4 1079

Well, Mr Commissioner, if you don't like it, you know what you have to do - yourself...

I, on the other hand, have tried to make things (now I just stick to routes - I have to learn how to upload pics) and as a result of these failures, have an enormous amount of respect for the content creators out there, and am prepared to wait for them to release THEIR cretions in their own good time or respect their decisions not to release things... until now!

Right, here, listen up everyone, I want an ICE set; SMU220 & 260; IMU160; tilt trains (both electric & diesel); EMU in it's latest upgraded state; QRN painted 2800's; 4000 & 4100 classes' 3700 & 3800 classes; 1901 railcar; AC16; DD17; BB18 1/4; Auckland's EMU's as they will apear on opening day - that may not be a certainty yet; and I want them on my desk MONDAY!!!

Woooooow, now I know how it feels. It's not good. I feel embarrassed. I wonder how many I'll get?

Y'see, each and every one of these items take TIME, SKILL, DESIRE and PATIENCE to create. If nobody wants to create these things, I know I have to either learn to create things myself, or go without. I'm sure the content creators can't afford to take a year off work to master a computer game so that someone like me, who they've never met and has never given anything in return, can have another train to drive.

Keep it up Dreddman, you look at it and you know it's a very good model of a BB18 1/4. What more could a moocher like me ask for?

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but postings like that make me mad & sarcastic. You can be enthusiastic without being rude. It's just a lack of respect in my books.

2008 UBD has the Redbank section down to near Duncan St and a section coming out from Dinmore but thats about it. Think Dad has some old referdexes sitting around the house. Will check up and see if that is the case and get some photocopies if possible.
Glen

Lenice

the section from Dinmore went to the Gullands it went to a ceramics works mostly i think soem coal came out but not sure. afaik it never linked the redbank bunbamba loop.

cheers

ghosty

G'day all,
I'm new here, but I am not shy to show my work. If you belong to the Victrainz forums, you may know what is going on, but I'll post here anyway.
When I first found out that there was VR content for Trainz, I thought that it would be included in TS2009, but was disapointed to find out that they weren't included:(

Then I finally started downloading and started a route heavily based on the VGR in central Victoria. Part 2 to Castlemaine is still a work in progress but with Zec releasing VR content for TS2009, I couldn't resist starting something new. Anyway, I want some feedback and ideas for names. Now, enough talk. Here's some shots:) (if they work that is)

1. A very dirty K103, a Y and T depart Waldine, the terminus of the line, on a freight.
Screen1.jpg

2. J555 and a cleaner K103 double head a passenger train over Paul's Farm Trestle bridge
Screen2.jpg

More to follow soon
Timo

hi ghosty
the redbank section is gone
i tried to walk it

cant get in anywhere
too many roadworks

i tried to get to the old track further back, but its all through private property there too. the best i could do was to follow thw road along while she took pics
cheers
ron

A Word Of The Mind

Hello All

Apologies I Offended Anyone With My Comments On The BB181/4. I'm A Perfectionist & A QR Steam Locomotive Critic. The Truth Is That Dreddman Is A Great Person & A Valuable Trainz Community Member. I Was Giving Some Recomendations. Now I Realise Some Things In Life You Have To Wait For.

Regarding The Information About The Loop Line It Was In The January 2006 Edition Of Australian Railway History

Kind Regards

Michael

QGr Commisioner

Timo, Looks like a good route, Certainly beats the hell out of the VR line i done and uploaded, Keep it up (y)

Hey
Nice pics coming out. Lots of queensland stuff.
Just some pics of my route..

Morriset

Branxton

Maitland

Lets see more pictures of routes!:D
Daniel

Last edited:
Right, here, listen up everyone, I want an ICE set; SMU220 & 260; IMU160; tilt trains (both electric & diesel); EMU in it's latest upgraded state; QRN painted 2800's; 4000 & 4100 classes' 3700 & 3800 classes; 1901 railcar; AC16; DD17; BB18 1/4; Auckland's EMU's as they will apear on opening day - that may not be a certainty yet; and I want them on my desk MONDAY!!!

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not but you can actually get some of those units already. The 220/ Mark II SMU's are available from an external site as are the 2800's. PM or email me and I can send you the links.
Glen

Last edited:
Hello All

Apologies I Offended Anyone With My Comments On The BB181/4. I'm A Perfectionist & A QR Steam Locomotive Critic. The Truth Is That Dreddman Is A Great Person & A Valuable Trainz Community Member. I Was Giving Some Recomendations. Now I Realise Some Things In Life You Have To Wait For.

Regarding The Information About The Loop Line It Was In The January 2006 Edition Of Australian Railway History

Kind Regards

Michael

QGr Commisioner
Appology accepted........you might be a perfectionest well thats good for you ......
I was nearly going to tell you where to shove it last night and forget about the model for another few years .......
The screens posted last night were the old model wih updated TFX effects I had'nt started any redoing of it at that stage ........
I knew of a few errors I had to fix but any creator who offers up models for free .........dont need someone to jump down their throat.
Remember being nice and polite gets you more
Many hrs later.........its a big job stupid me made 2 BB's a green and a black so now i have 2 models to patch up and because the green has whitewall tyres...that means 8 sets of bogies to sort out.......(all for FREE)
STAGE 2............."Looking more like a BB?"
bbb01.jpg

I can help with the QRN 2800. I have a semi-finished 2800 in both QR bronco and QRN liveries. I haven't finished the proper cab for them, so I have put in a placeholder instead. As for the QR 4000, I'm nowhere near finished work on the body, and it will be a long time before they are finished. I just don't have the motivation to do as much modelling as I used to do.

I'll upload the 2800's to the DLS sometime next week.

Chris

Nice Screens everyone! :D

I've had a crack at doing some CityRail station nameboards, (all are renameble). I've done all the different variants so if anyone knows of any other variants please let me know and I'll make them as well.

By the way I'm aware that its not the exact CityRail station name lettering font but unfortunately Trainz content doesn't allow the default font to be changed :( !

They are all designed to be placed on platform lightposts, walls etc.

screenswp.jpg

screendyz.jpg

screenlql.jpg

screenbfl.jpg

screenfly.jpg

screendhr.jpg

Regards,:)

Matt

Back