Australian screenshots

Yeh, they're looking great Colhad, just one question though: Is is possible to taper the roof in so it's not as wide as the sides, or does that require a lot of extra mesh building? The roofs of cars aren't as wide as the sides, it would great instability on the road. hehe :cool:

BMW-M3-Concept-Front-Spoiler.jpg

Sorry,I don't mean to be picky, I have no idea how to build things in 3D, so you're already doing a **** load better than me. :D

Hi Jamez

I can tell you that the roof does taper, it's just not that noticeable in those shots. If you looked at them from front on, you will see that.

I will post a front shot for you to see. Unfortunately, I can't taper it too much otherwise it will distort the textures and polys, which it's doing at the moment. I've been trying to learn another method for making cars but just haven't got it right yet.

Here are some pics...

HRSpecial5.jpg

HRSpecial4.jpg

Last edited:
Now that will have the poms going - did not no know that the Queen owned a HR Holden. But she must have since her plates are on it.

Well I guess that when in Queensland she would want to be just like the locals, I can just see Lizzy and Phil the greek up front and the kids in the back.

Just checked with the RTA and these plates are in fact not currently in use in NSW.

TRS2009 what a dissapointment

Brought TS09 in a shop yesterday, found that most of the content was in German language, and it didn't have the TC3 Content in it (which i am heavily attached to due to the steam effects).
So far i rate it 2 stars.

My question is for Zec, that track in your recent screenies, is it available to download?
and are there any Aussie Steam locos at the TC3 standard so i can have them in the game?

Oh and Colhad, YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB ON THE CARS!!!!, cant wait to have them driving around the world...

Cheers :)
Mike

Not available yet... The 04/06/TC1-3 version is, but it is lower detail. The new one till needs to be tweaked :)

TC3 Aussie steamer coming up...
http://www.victrainz.com.au/s301/vrkorig.html

Use the download links at the bottom of the page. I'm hoping to have another TC3/TS09 steamer ready fairly soon (It will be Ts09, but using TC3 steam/smoke, sounds, and Espec setups).
Zec

Not available yet... The 04/06/TC1-3 version is, but it is lower detail. The new one till needs to be tweaked :)

TC3 Aussie steamer coming up...
http://www.victrainz.com.au/s301/vrkorig.html

Use the download links at the bottom of the page. I'm hoping to have another TC3/TS09 steamer ready fairly soon (It will be Ts09, but using TC3 steam/smoke, sounds, and Espec setups).
Zec
Cheers Zec, Can't wait to get a Decent track like yours

Cheers Zec, Can't wait to get a Decent track like yours

hmm!! Yes track is nice, but we still need the junctions. How are we going with that Zec? any news on the keenan project? or for SG Andi's project accepting the S301 textures?
Cheers
Rod (ever watched Parliament on TV...yeah boring but the labour bloke always asks a question to set up the Prime Minister for some propaganda!!)

its all yours mate ;p

Rod
The actual point work is a bit difficult due to the number of changes that the track pack keeps going through. When Andi finishes his 09 junction kit, I will look into them then. It's not really worth doing the junction for the 04-TC3 set, since these have a fairly different shape (especially ballast) compared to the TS09 version. And I'm still tweaking the 09 version. I'm hoping to put it all into a single texture sometime soon, if some of my changes pan out. If this occurs, it will make it run reasonable well. When I do get up to the points, I will base them off KKeeley's work, but will have to make them myself so that that match in with the current shape, and textures. And this will allow me to tweak these as I tweak the rest of the model as well.
Zec

Zec
That is indeed good news. I think Victorian Trainzers will be very happy with the news and the Government... eh? You should be proud of your contributions.
I have a nice railway ready to import into 2009 when ever Auran Help Desk ever decides that I should be assisted in getting 2009 to do anything other than give me a black screen and a hour glass!!
And of course your track packs are released
Cheers
Rod

Hi all, been a bit busy " moving house "

removalhome2wg6.jpg

nearly finished, available soon.

Nice cars Col, keep them coming.

Cheers,

Bill.

Love the way they move houses in Queensland.
I was running a caravan along the developement road between Cairns and Normanton when I saw this Queenslander at the end of a long straight. It was shimmering enough to be a mirage and as I was only doing about 45 MPH it took for ever to get to it. I'm thinking fancy having to divert a road around a farm house way out here. Anyway I was probably a bit dazed by the monontonous emptiness, when all of a sudden I noticed a Police car with lights on. Strangely enough he had his door open and was laughing at me. Must have seen the expression on my face as I headed for the sand to avoid this monster.
The two trucks were road trains with stock crates on the back. Two multi wheel flat beds supported the house high in the air. The multi wheeled beds were coupled via a heavy frame that hung off another A frame linking the two stock trucks!
Quite a site!!
Cheers
Rod

Last edited:
RE PAINT

Great, I'm looking forward to them. :)

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with VICTRAINZ? Their forum doesn't load.

SHUNTING.jpg

New JSR recruit R1 shunts SSR 4483 & 88 in to the 'weathering shop', where they will be locked in an air tight room and turned up to full power to cover themselves in dirty alco fumes for an hour. :D

G day mate im new to this but how did u re paint the 45 class it looks like the one from the download station as i would like to do a reverse paint job on aurans 44 and 442 but i think they maybe encrypted or u have to get permission to do it is that correct cheers glen

Glen,

From what I know, you need to get the Trainz Art Source CD, which I understand Auran has sold out of.

44 Class repaints are available on the DLS, and TRS2004 has paintshed which I use to create the detail overlay from a plain grey paintjob.

The 45 was originally Ringarooma's (I think), I did this repaint mainly in MS Paint to be honest. It was a relitively simple way of doing things. :)

Now that will have the poms going - did not no know that the Queen owned a HR Holden. But she must have since her plates are on it.

Well I guess that when in Queensland she would want to be just like the locals, I can just see Lizzy and Phil the greek up front and the kids in the back.

Just checked with the RTA and these plates are in fact not currently in use in NSW.

:hehe:
Oh Bearcat,

I just had to run this quote again.
I didn't realise you Lizzie & family knew each other!.
Very chummy, mate. :hehe::wave:

Orbury - north of Dean St (parody of Albury) :p

Oh yeah!
I have a pretty good version of Albury just waiting for some broad gauge track. I am doing albury to Wangaratta and hope to include the old branch lines to Tallangatta and Bright. Time will tell. We should look to see how the Sydney side can blend in? I am going to use kkeenans animated bg track, and Andi06's animated SG track
Cheers
Rod

Hi folks

An EH Holden Special. Gotta say thanks to AD602000 for providing the texture file, already done when he sent them.:D

So I was able to produce this model, a few things will be worked on but she's almost finished.:)

I've made some improvements.....

EHHolden2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah!
I have a pretty good version of Albury just waiting for some broad gauge track. I am doing albury to Wangaratta and hope to include the old branch lines to Tallangatta and Bright. Time will tell. We should look to see how the Sydney side can blend in? I am going to use kkeenans animated bg track, and Andi06's animated SG track
Cheers
Rod

Cool. This is on my test layout. It's a similar design to Highland Valley, with Orbury being the main station. The way it works so that the standard and broad don't clash is the broad gauge is the terminus, and to get up the branch you drive all the way around the dual track mainline back to Orbury, where you enter from the standard gauge end, from there you can stunt in the yards, turn around and go back, or continue up (the branch). I've based it on the 1962 plans of Albury when they only had one dual gauge line in the transshipping yard adjacent to the station, which I've made the mainline goods through track, so if you really want to you can just keep looping the main line. :)

Back