Australian screenshots

Re-building the North Shore is going to take a little longer than I first anticipated.

Milsons Point tram station has now been erected, and the first tram to test it out is a NSWGT 'O' Class heading to the newly upgraded Wynyard station. Still got to set the catenary support poles in place.
2018-06-01_151831.jpg

When the Sydney Harbour Bridge was first built, the 'tram-station' on the eastern side was originally designed for a train-line to Manly and the northern beaches. This never eventuated, so it was quickly converted to trams instead. Because there is a height-difference between trams and trains, the tram tracks were elevated upwards for easy passenger access.
2018-06-01_151900.jpg

The pedestrian access to the bridge still has to be completed.
2018-06-01_152002.jpg

As a kid, I always loved the open-air feeling in the 'O' Class travelling across the bridge. Sometimes a gale-force 'breeze' would force an adult to pull down the canvas blinds.
Cheers,

Roy

Hey all,

Just letting you all know that the Next batch of VLEX is based on the start of National Rail and only contain number groups that where left with V/Line and isn't worth downloading unless you are modelling 1994 to 1997 era, the next batch after that represents another remaining group after about 40 where placed in SCT traffic as VLEY in 1998 then that's it for the V/Line era.

Cheers.

Winding the clock back to the 1950s at Central.
2018-06-03_215959.jpg

The track layout was so different to what it is today.

2018-06-03_214812.jpg

Here you can see the dual track 'dive' that leads to Darling Harbour goods yard. There were also more carriage maintenance sheds in the 'Central' area.
2018-06-03_215036.jpg

Here a NSWGR 19 Class takes the 'Dive' with a load of petroleum and live sheep to the goods yard.
2018-06-03_214854.jpg

Cheers,

Roy

My pleasure mate :) There will be more available for DL today sometime I imagine .. I have so much to upload �� .. Dandenong Railway Station Buildings modular set will be next.

My pleasure mate :) There will be more available for DL today sometime I imagine .. I have so much to upload �� .. Dandenong Railway Station Buildings modular set will be next.

The building looks great mate, are you doing any more Port Kembla themed Steelworks buildings? Wouldn't mind using some of them on my map of Port Kembla.
Thanks for sharing your creations with us. :)

I've been looking for a double-tier goods shed for the Darling Harbour section of my route. Checked on the DLS and I couldn't find one, so I knocked up my own.

It was nothing spectacular looking, however it served a purpose with the huge movement of consumer goods such as, meat (both live and frozen), produce, grain, flour, milk, etc, which fed the people of Sydney, as well as, exported to some of the Pacific islands.

This one shed could work 4 spurs at the same time, which kept the 'shunters' on their toes communicating purely by hand-signals to the loco drivers. No walkie-talkies to make life easier.

I'm enjoying doing the research on this project. I'm becoming wiser as I get older.

2018-06-06_135729.jpg

The NSWGR 19 Class fits in nicely. I've yet to build the track and road ramp, which will be added to it.

Cheers
Roy

I've started track-laying for the Darling Harbour yard and I'm trying out a few textures I hadn't tried before. When you've got a clean slate to work on, it's sometimes difficult to visualize how it will come together. I'm fairly used to re-doing things more than once.

One of the sheds was the curved Wool Shed which hugged the southern dock area. Here's a 19 Class backing into the storage area.
2018-06-08_235040.jpg

2018-06-08_235201.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Does anyone know whether this work wagon may have been modeled before?

It is just a small wagon mainly used for moving shunter staff, tools, small equipment, etc.They were used frequently when the 19 Class were shunting around Darling Harbour in the 1950s.

This particular one is NSWGR DB 489 which was photographed at Botany. I'd appreciate any feedback or if there was something similar which could be used.

NSWGR_DB_489.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: I now understand that these 'shunters' were built on the undercarriage of the NSWGR S Wagon

NSWGR_S_WGN.jpg

Last edited:
Back