Australian screenshots

the iconic sydney harbour bridge, although it maybe missing about 1000 other assets it still stands proud in sydney harbour.

thank you so much roy for this route really appreciate it.
Cheers, Ryan

Ryan,

It looks very obvious that you might not have either installed all the files; or if you have, check the list of dependencies recursively to see which assets that you still need to download.

Cheers,
Roy

A DERM crosses Balcoombe Creek on an UP local ex-Mornington on the approach to Moorooduc.
da7da62f3b6be07ceb76734679c19f33.jpg

Tim

ATD SCREENSHOT COMPETITION

Welcome to the Australian Trainz Division's inaugural screenshot competition! The prize for our first competition will be our upcoming S3 X Class locomotive, painted in fictional SSR and CFCLA liveries, which will not be released to the public. These locomotives have been built to work in TANE SP2 and above only, so keep that in mind!

RULES:
- Entries must be uploaded to hostthenpost.org and then the 'Direct URL' posted in the 'Screenshot Link' section in the form below.
- Screenshots must be taken in Trainz and be of an Australian Theme.
- Entries are limited to 1 per person.
- Official Trainz username must be used (username will be verified to ensure a legal copy of Trainz is being used).
- Voting will be done by the ATD team.
- Winner will be notified via e-mail address provided (with prize attached).
- Winning screenshot will be used as our Facebook cover photo for the month of January.
- Entries close Tuesday 9th January at 9pm AEDT.

Good Luck!

https://goo.gl/forms/bEMEVh6v29QiJcen2

https://www.facebook.com/australiantrainzdivision/

ffd01c66d91f549f5c14a4d28bb4ca32.jpg

(Btw, fantastic screenshots everyone! Great to see you back into it too Tim!)

T349 departs Moorooduc with a Mornington Goods following a spot of shunting and is seen crossing Balcoombe Creek. This section of the line is now operated by the Mornington Tourist Railway although the trestle has been removed and is now part of the embankment formation.
73aac7661ec13a78fee35498809d727b.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Yunta to Broken Hill

Hi All,

I haven't post images for a while but have daily looked at the Australian Screenshots which I must say is highlight of my day. As it is great to see what other people are doing and keep up the awesome work one and all. I have been over the last few months working on track layout from Broken Hill to Yunta with the plan to go as afar as Crystal Brook and then onwards. Below are some images from the layout so far.
f84ab9b792c3066e58f441f1d3844713.jpg

Shunting at what's left of Yunta

Bemax Train departing Broken Hill for Port Adelaide

Just left Kanandah Loop next stop Broken Hill

Keep up the awesome work and look forward in seeing what's to come in 2018.
All the best
Andrew

Last edited:
I've begun to build a 2ft sugar cane line set in North Queensland. I hope to upload it to the DLS sometime in June/July. I've also begun a Youtube series of this build on my channel NickBlueCity Gaming. These are just a few pictures of Maroochy (made by willem2) pulling 4 ton bins between Lysandra Mill and Erickson Siding.

Passing Loco 12 as Maroochy departs Lysandra Mill
cbf04099aecf4cc835f148cae974cb67.jpg

Maroochy preparing to depart Erickson Siding with a full load
ee7e77e2807ba47959f804e9aa538a7d.jpg

Maroochy passing some cane fields just outside of Lysandra Mill
41d567cf81d2735c9beddef00dacbbb3.jpg

Maroochy arrives back in Lysandra Mill
3ce8cad5dc78ea0f4f89ce95eeba2fd9.jpg

Hey all,

Here's another one of those Steel Coil wagons I mentioned last year

24601393627_38bf1ea4ec_b.jpg

These are still in service today as RKCX, in 1995 these where split into 2 classes, RCCX for BG and RKCX for SG, I also need to make Coil loads for this type as the VOSX/VCCX use the smaller 0.762 metre diameter coils.

Cheers.

Hey Everyone,

Does anybody know if there is a 3ft6in locomotive with any resemblance to a WAGR W, or V class on the Trainz 2 DLS? (Hence the avatar :D)

Last edited:
B66 hauls a Race Day excursion to Tanti and Mornington...

Seen approaching Sumner Road. It is here where the present-day Mornington Peninsula Freeware crosses the railway which is yet to be reinstated by the MRPS
1b0e3904d69ee89b9466e8d652edeeb4.jpg

Attacking one the many up and down 1in40s before the approach to Tanti
16d3d8e1c7138362a1ad27bcbe86826a.jpg

After dropping the race goers at Tanti the B and vintage car set ran onto Mornington to run around and are seen awaiting clearance to enter the sidings to be put away until latter in the day.
2f0f89f6da4e39d8fb48b7f2d05cb231.jpg

Cheers
Tim

B66 hauls a Race Day excursion to Tanti and Mornington...

Seen approaching Sumner Road. It is here where the present-day Mornington Peninsula Freeware crosses the railway which is yet to be reinstated by the MRPS

Attacking one the many up and down 1in40s before the approach to Tanti

After dropping the race goers at Tanti the B and vintage car set ran onto Mornington to run around and are seen awaiting clearance to enter the sidings to be put away until latter in the day.

Cheers
Tim

All wonderful shots Tim, even spotted your talents on N3V Facebook.

Keep up the great work mate.

Cheers,
Roy

All wonderful shots Tim, even spotted your talents on N3V Facebook.

Keep up the great work mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Agree with Roy. Your screenies are great Tim. The look is what I am trying to capture with my route. I think you have nailed it, and you are shaking my confidence with regards my upcoming DLS upload :).

Phil

Hey Everyone,

Does anybody know if there is a 3ft6in locomotive with any resemblance to a WAGR W, or V class on the Trainz 2 DLS? (Hence the avatar :D)

There was an actual W class model in the works a while ago (by Trainz89 and I believe ad602000?) but I haven't heard anything more about it recently. Either way, WAGR locos are rather unique even among other Aussie railways so alas I don't think you're going to find anything that even closely resembles them (about the only thing that sort of works is the TGR H class on the DLS, but that only has the most vaguest similarity to a W/V.).

The only actual WAGR steam locos I know of for Trainz was the Australian Standard Garratt by NSWGR_46class (which is on the DLS), and the very first steam loco class used by the WAGR on the Geraldton to Northampton line, the Kitson-built M class 2-6-0s, although that is not on the DLS but can be found on SirRigby's Trainzone site (on the same site there is a NZR F class 0-6-0T which also saw service in WA as the WAGR C class). Trainz89 also did a SAR Y class 2-6-0 which saw service with the WAGR too as the G class, so that is another example.

Those are the only examples of WAGR steam locomotives (or locos on other railways that the WAGR had duplicates of) that are in Trainz that I know of, but even those few items I am very thankful for.

Last edited:
Nice shots everyone. You don't often see QR on the Central Coast. lol. :eek:

A change of pace and a play around on a route still under construction that I haven't touched in 18 months.
1f9c85edfbfa29e989c3ba1e85c0443c.jpg

20f14be0795c7d42af92fa0ada67f577.jpg

201d228386daed3c36f0a526264271f9.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

S303, T378, B74 and some flattops start their battle with Warrenheip Bank while hauling the 9162 Ouyen to Sunshine Grainy.

ca63a2d044d833f5ec0d7192e1f1e2d2.png

Cheers, Stefan

It's getting towards the end of government-run railways in Victoria but there is still a lot of grain to move. V/line's X42, G532 & P12 are therefore seen running the loaded Merriford grain sometime in the mid 1990s.

9b87ed83ef6fad10941c50dd0c6eaa88.jpg

3603ecb8f49f0378a417ca82eb7805c7.jpg

2f68a5262bbf92aac5067ba393a0657c.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Back