Australian screenshots

This is a closeup of the bogies of my soon (tm) to be published SAR Bluebird RDCs. I used half sized normal mapping (compared to the main texture map) on these bogies and despite what others say, you be the judge if the normal mapping effect is good. You have to excuse the fish lens effect of these screen shots, TANE now has a horrible fish lens effect which will spoil a lot of screen shots made. Click the thumbnail for its bigger picture:

This is the same bogey that can be used on my old Ghan/Indian Pacific coaches, which I might upgrade one day to TANE standards.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

The first part of this post is for those trainz members doing Nth QLD and maybe it will help generate screenshots of this region. I have posted the URLs for the cadastral maps for the Innisfail Tully Babinda areas
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByB-ppGeDyvwVVp6XzFtelNmUlE/edit

Attention trainz management; Just behind your Helensvale building are some interesting steam train era remnants. These rail cuttings can be seen immediately west of the Gold Coast Country Club’s golf car park south of the present day Helensvale electric train station. Cutting 64 is located UTM 56J 533392 6910151. The present day electric rail is just west of these rail archaeological remnants in this area. Maybe time you organised a staff function at that nearby golf car park area?

The main archaeological remnants areas are about 900 meters south of Helensvale station. Can be walked from the Westfield shops on bitumen road over the small road bridge over rails south of platform and along the road to the golf car park. Parts of the Coombabah Creek bridge piers are still there. Since you trainz staff work very close by and perhaps are rail fans as well, you might know the bush track under the present QR Coombabah Creek bridge to gain access east to the old bridge.

Last edited:
@Petan,

I think I may have that exact cutting on my South Coast Railway; I will post a screenshot shortly.

Regards,

Michael Gitsham

Those reading the Innisfail maps be aware the 2ft operations included QR till mid 1977. That allows both 3ft6in and 2ft locos etc in the QR Innisfail depot.

Due to the Innisfail Shire Tramway, one of Queensland Railways only 2ft gauge railways that was sold to the local Sugar Mills.

Those reading the Innisfail maps be aware the 2ft operations included QR till mid 1977. That allows both 3ft6in and 2ft locos etc in the QR Innisfail depot.

The Orbost to Traralgon line meets TS12! Everything went much better than expected, now just going through and updating track/bridges/scenery objects with the new VR content available. Couple of shots...
04be4641dc2ab6dcc90f69a268fe9f5f.jpg

P11 on it's only ever visit to the Orbost line trundles along the Mitchell River bridge as it approaches Bairnsdale with the up goods.
712328b0af9f30fb504e3c8b00d9a2cb.jpg

Looking down towards the Bairnsdale yard, the up goods awaits the arrival of the down Gippslander.

Ooooh, very nice Tom!!

A few from a test run of my M class today. Finally got the coal load animated :)

S301_20150111_0000.jpg

230 simmers quietly as it awaits departure at Yarra Glen with a race train

S301_20150111_0002.jpg

A short time later, 230 steams across the Yarra Flats bridge in the evening sun.

S301_20150111_0003.jpg

Having worked it's way south, 230 steams over one of the many bridges near Coldstream.

S301_20150111_0007.jpg

After a short stop at Lilydale, 230 steams on towards Ringwood, where the train will be combined with a regular suburban service, and taken over by a larger loco.

Regards
Zec

what to do on a rainy weekend, stumbled across this yesterday, had totally forgotten about it since 2008. Anyway, a bit of doodling and updating, still lots to do.

htscr.jpg

cheers
Pete

Group project between you and Jerker? I Hope it gets done lol. Pretty sure Aaron has made T class bogies and espec and horn, as well as 413's Espec

Jamie

Hi you lovers of my created Oz locomotives and coaches, you will be pleased to know, most, if not all of these will work in TANE. Just click the thumbnails for a bigger picture:

These are screenshots from TANE CE, only the generic interior (cabs) created by AURAN/N3VGames for these locomotives here have not been upgraded yet for TANE, hence I am using presently the build in generic SD40-2 interior to get these screenshots made. Plus a couple of locomotives are with minor graphic glitches from what I could see. Any TS12 created locomotive by me has the script working correctly in TANE CE, I have not tested the TS09 or the TS10 created locomotives yet for scripts working as this has changed in TS12.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Good to hear VinnyBarb, there would be a massive gap in Australian rolling stock without them.

PS - what happened to the Mk1 G/BL class you were working on?

Cheers

Hi you lovers of my created Oz locomotives and coaches, you will be pleased to know, most, if not all of these will work in TANE. Just click the thumbnails for a bigger picture:

Pic Removed

Pic Removed

These are screenshots from TANE CE, only the generic interior (cabs) created by AURAN/N3VGames for these locomotives here have not been upgraded yet for TANE, hence I am using presently the build in generic SD40-2 interior to get these screenshots made. Plus a couple of locomotives are with minor graphic glitches from what I could see. Any TS12 created locomotive by me has the script working correctly in TANE CE, I have not tested the TS09 or the TS10 created locomotives yet for scripts working as this has changed in TS12.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hi VinnyBarb

I spy BlueBird's :) :mop: Hope these are running good in Tane ? ?

Out of interest will they work in TS12 build 61388 ? ?

Poul

Hi VinnyBarb

I spy BlueBird's :) :mop: Hope these are running good in Tane ? ?

Out of interest will they work in TS12 build 61388 ? ?

Poul

I had the upgraded Bluebirds (the ones I had created for TRS04/06 but never released) build and running in TS12 SP1 31688 before and loaded these into TANE CE, when TANE CE came out, I tried these there, ALL is working as it should. Driver change with direction change, marker and other lights also change with direction traveled, doors open on passenger enabled stations (<--still needs fixing by N3VGames in TANE CE) and passengers load/unload. Auto numbering works, so one only needs to d/load one of each of the 100, 250 and 280 Class Birds when on DLS. Even have ditch lights flashing alternatively ( I know, no ditch lights with the real SAR Bluebirds).

Looking super in TANE CE.

So far I only have one LOD, still need 3 more LODs each plus the bogies 3 more LODs done too. Getting side tracked with TANE CE presently. Most likely the Bluebirds should be ready by end of February with the release of TANE.

@Hiyo

PS - what happened to the Mk1 G/BL class you were working on?

No more new G/BL Classes from me. Ask Zec, he might know. The rage is still there.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

I must say, Vinny, your locos looks great in the new lighting they've got in TANE :)

Stevo

Last edited by a moderator:
No more new G/BL Classes from me. Ask Zec, he might know. The rage is still there.

Please see the code of conduct. By using these forums you do agree to abide by the code of conduct.

As you constantly bring this up publicly... I seem to recall this is due to you being banned for attacking several members here, which originated from one member making some constructive criticism (or more, asking some questions regarding dimensions) of your content. Something that is fully permitted on the forums, as was stated previously, and is stated relatively often. Again, if you do not wish to take constructive criticism, or do not agree to abide by the code of conduct, then we aren't forcing you to. But you DO agree to abide by the code of conduct by using these forums...

Regards

Hello Everyone;

Let us push things along shall we.....
QRTrike_zps899a5b45.jpg

Queensland Railways 3ft 6inch "Trafalgar Velocipede" or commonly known as a hand trike. Anyone interested in assisting myself to make an operational model upon completion, are welcome to message myself and we shall go further.

Regards,
M.Gitsham

Last edited:
May I ask Tom, how long did it take to make the Orbost-Tralagon line, and what 3D modelling program did you use for the custom models?

Cheers

Tom and his dad have been building it on and off for about 5 years.. And he uses 3DSMax. He's quite good at it too...

Back