Australian screenshots

the quality of the headboards are shocking
take the newcastle flyer headboard for example you can read it clearly it looks like a kid drew it with broken and empty texta (no offence) and the melbourn headboard some letters are wonky the only decent headboard is the canberra one and others like it

as for the s wagon the one u made is good but you missed so many loads for it like coal,timber,logs etc and the other is of poor quality and you can only use them with auto couple trains like D50,D53,D55,D57,D58,D59,C38,AD60 and almost every diesel so the hook and link trains like all the Z class (excluding Z26),C30,C32 and C36

and nswgr_46class your NSWGR D50 3650gl (wampu) tender <kuid:73150:100306> you left the water fill lid open please fix this
There is already headboards on the DLS what is wrong with these?

The new real TS12 version of the 38 and 36 have built in headboards.

I will have a look at the S truck idea soon - there are lots of loadable S trucks already on the DLS ?

take the newcastle flyer headboard for example you can read it clearly it looks like a kid drew it with broken and empty texta (no offence) and the melbourn headboard some letters are wonky the only decent headboard is the canberra one and others like it

as for the s wagon the one u made is good but you missed so many loads for it like coal,timber,logs etc and the other is of poor quality and you can only use them with auto couple trains like D50,D53,D55,D57,D58,D59,C38,AD60 and almost every diesel so the hook and link trains like all the Z class (excluding Z26),C30,C32 and C36

and nswgr_46class your NSWGR D50 3650gl (wampu) tender <kuid:73150:100306> you left the water fill lid open please fix this

M60,
I will let you know this gently before someone does it more tersely. Be careful of the 'tone' and manner in which you reply to some of the posts and people on this forum. I am guessing by your header that you haven't been here for very long (14 posts). Some of our posters here, have been with Trainz since it first started i.e. version 1. and are some of our best and most dedicated content creators. It is sort of like, as a picture or scene you can understand, a child talking the wrong way to an adult who has much more experience. The difficulties that are experienced with graphics can be related to the game or the way that the program used displays the content no matter what the creator has done or intends for it to display. Please think about what you are saying and the way that it can be taken before hitting the enter button. It makes for much nicer conversations in here. If you don't you can find yourself on the outer fairly quickly with some others here. Take the time to have a look at some of the 3D programs used for creation and you may find how difficult it is. I only wish I was as good as some of the people in here.
Regards
Glen

Well said, Glen

as for the s wagon the one u made is good but you missed so many loads for it like coal,timber,logs etc

G'day M60,
You can easily add your own here. When loading the wagon just hit the '+' next to the existing loads and search for what you need. If you have already managed to load it with other items this should appear, NSWGR_46Class has simply chosen 'default' items one can load it with, but you can add your own easily :)

Cheers
Stevo

I used the best artwork on offer to me if you have better art work for these can you please supply it to me.

You can load anything you like ???? as to the type of coupler trainz does not give a stuff it still couples them- if you really worried can send you a list of my rolling stock that has no coupler at all.

That is the job of the Fireman not mine so no sorry get you lazy fireman to do it

Trainz does not mind the couplers, but people using them most certainly do.. Look at how much better the early VR stuff looks with early couplers.

you left the water fill lid open please fix this

Funny that,I got the idea from a photo I saw of the tender in operations. If you want a tender with the lid down, build it. As far as loads go for S wagons that are not available, build it. As far as I can see, it's my time energy and effort invested in building these things, so I build them how I want. If someone asked me to build something then I build them how they want, or as close to as possible. Now if someone comes and "demands" things, because an item is not to their liking, then I would usually recommend "option 0" to them. That is, don't download it.

Enjoy your day:)

Could always script the filler lid so you can over ride it to be open or closed, as you guys use AJS Superscript have it as a submesh, one open or one closed and the user can select in surveyor, I'd rather the animated ones though so they open during loading.

EDIT:

I think this is what M60 was asking to be added to an S Wagon

Look at both images of the RY Class.

azervich_20140425_0002_zpscb6a4093.jpg~original

azervich_20140425_0003_zpsb883031a.jpg~original

when you couple to auto stock the knuckle closes, when you couple to screwlink stock the knuckle swings and the screwlink couples, I added an extra script the the Y Classes so you can have it sitting with Knuckle out or swinged to the side.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Funny that,I got the idea from a photo I saw of the tender in operations. If you want a tender with the lid down, build it. As far as loads go for S wagons that are not available, build it. As far as I can see, it's my time energy and effort invested in building these things, so I build them how I want. If someone asked me to build something then I build them how they want, or as close to as possible. Now if someone comes and "demands" things, because an item is not to their liking, then I would usually recommend "option 0" to them. That is, don't download it.

Enjoy your day:)

Ok My tuppence worth. The SOP for tender tank lids in NSWGR was they are to remain open when operating in electrified areas. makes a LOT on sense when you consider the proximity to 1500V DC lines in Metro areas. ASFAIK this SOP is still in force. a Special water column arm was also installed in many metro areas, to enable water to be taken without going near the tender top

Re Couplers - The NSWGR was well aware of the need to couple 3 link & screw coupled stock to the new auto fitted stock. As a result, the new auto head was designed with a grove at its top to allow a D-Shackle and links to be fixed when required - buffers were maintained on all stock untill the 40's when sets started appearing with buffers removed from all, but the end vehicles. In addition, locomotives from the 57's onward were fitted with a coupler that allowed the Auto head to swing away, presenting a standard screw link to any hook fitted vehicles. Having a Standard goods piloting a Pig presented no issues to the NSWGR!

Theres a couple of loco's that Í'd like to see more accurate models of, but you take what you get, or learn to build your own..I really must start learning how to do it myself..

oh PS.. that isnt a Wampu tender ! :p

The NSWGR used a similiar arrangement on later locomotives such as the C38, D57/58, D59 & AD60 Classes. I'm not sure if the 5000 gallon "commonwealth"tenders were so fitted, or whether they had the more common arrangement as fitted to goods,( and diesel) stock where a simple fitting for a D shackle was cast into the auto head. the main issue was whether auto fitted stock retained buffers, if not a so fitted 'match'truck was required..

i meant no disrespect i do like alot of work you all do and i have infinite respect for everyone on here as i cant build any items to save my life and i never demand anything im only asking i am sorry if what i typed came across as rude or disrespectful but im asking you are all professionals compared to me please fix these problems when you can i would love to race from newcastle to sydney with the flyer or run a slow goods to maitland from brisbane via taree i apologise for how my last message sounded

[QUOTE =ad602000;1283712]Funny that,I got the idea from a photo I saw of the tender in operations. If you want a tender with the lid down, build it. As far as loads go for S wagons that are not available, build it. As far as I can see, it's my time energy and effort invested in building these things, so I build them how I want. If someone asked me to build something then I build them how they want, or as close to as possible. Now if someone comes and "demands" things, because an item is not to their liking, then I would usually recommend "option 0" to them. That is, don't download it.

Enjoy your day:)[/QUOTE]

A pair of F7s roar up the line with a mixed goods
Cheers
Stevo

Hey all,

This is a few month old Screenshot, but when I took it I couldn't access N3V forums or Photobucket.

Here we have an N Class climbing the Mojave with a Harris Train.
Cheers.

Great screenshots the both of you! Good to see some more pictures here. Is that your route Stevo? It's fantastic.

Just one from me from my 'model' layout.

A pair of PN 90 class locos storm along the line with an empty grain train.
umt3qclu.ald.png

Regards,

George

Where is the P-class available if at all? Excellent shot!!

Regards,
George

Hi George,

I have the P's on Victrainz in a thread called 'Happy Holidays' they're still incomplete though, was a quick release for Christmas, scripts and textures still need more work, at the same time I buggered up the LOD on the bogies, lol, I'm also having problems with 3ds max during baking, some meshes get stuck at 99.9% and it stays like that till 3ds throws a error message and crashes.

As a Note, the V/Line and V/Line Pass are updates for the older Gmax versions I did years back, if you have those these will replace them.

Cheers.

Hi George,

I have the P's on Victrainz in a thread called 'Happy Holidays' they're still incomplete though, was a quick release for Christmas, scripts and textures still need more work, at the same time I buggered up the LOD on the bogies, lol, I'm also having problems with 3ds max during baking, some meshes get stuck at 99.9% and it stays like that till 3ds throws a error message and crashes.

As a Note, the V/Line and V/Line Pass are updates for the older Gmax versions I did years back, if you have those these will replace them.

Cheers.

Thanks! Even though they are incomplete am I allowed to download and use in screenshots etc? It looks brilliant so far! If you ever need someone else for testing etc Im on trainz regularly :)

Thanks

George

Amazing that's the same photo I used to get the headboard from.
When you crop out the head board and then straighten the image there is not a lot left to work with.

Have a go and see if you can do better.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gostalgia/7141188411/
this photo shows an almost perfect front on of 3526 wearing the newcastle flyer headboard if anyone is willing can you please make a flyer headboard and i am sorry for how i was yesterday i am new here after all

Last edited:
Back