Australian screenshots

Hi Vinny,

The green looks right for a fresh out the workshop locomotive but after many years running as you stated it will get grimy and paint fade. Here is a photo I got back in 2011 of a FA G Class:
Anyway your G Classes are looking good, cant wait for the final product :)
G537.jpg

Cheers
David

I personally thought Tim's RGB looks pretty good for FA although i haven't tried Azer's yet either and there's a huge difference between Max and in game.

Cheers Mick.:)

G'Day Herbert,

Definitely too light, it should be a really dark green, Tim's colours look spot on.

Cheers,
Luke

Hi, unfortunately there are a couple of dependencies missing when installing Tim's locomotive and with my well known d/load problems from the DLS, I can not see Tim's locomotive in TS12 to compare it with mine. Unfortunately. To top it off, I am presently in Adelaide to see the hospital tomorrow. Will have to wait till I am back home on Thursday or Friday and see if I can d/load these from a friend's PC..

Thank you all for the help.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hi Mick,

The flat was a Q wagon I built some time back when I was messing around in 3ds max, I gave it to Tom and he turned it into that, lol

As to the paint, the values I wrote look pretty good in 3ds max, also in trainz it'll depend on the setting of the enviro map and the sky used as that will change the colour too, not sure if Vinny uses enviro maps.

Edit:

Bringing the first value down from 46 to 23 makes it look a lot darker :)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/Azervich/pclass30_zpse09ffc33.png

sadly the smooth modifier messes up the applied paint.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Looks very good Azer although OH&S being what it is today the Q could do with sum handrails so peeps don't fall off it LOL. I like it a lot Azer well done mate. Don't think i'm into enviro maps yet either mate or i call them sumthing different lol.
Wow the P Class is looking pretty good mate pretty much looks like the 49 Class or a T Class loco.

Last edited:
Since IIRC the the P's were rebuilt T's they should look close and the 49 is also very close relation very much the same GM/EMD export model
Looks very good Azer although OH&S being what it is today the Q could do with sum handrails so peeps don't fall off it LOL. I like it a lot Azer well done mate. Don't think i'm into enviro maps yet either mate or i call them sumthing different lol.
Wow the P Class is looking pretty good mate pretty much looks like the 49 Class or a T Class loco.

AN 700

Lesley,
I see what you mean about the pilots on the AN 700. They are a pain to texture, and the front along the numberboards couldnt be textured with the yellow stripes as they turned into curves. However this is about as much as I could do.

sarail201107040000.jpg
Any chance of getting that, I have been planning on doing my own reskin of it and haven't found the time any chance I could get it off you ?

Back