Australian screenshots

Whipped this up last night, WA P Classes repainted into CBH livery.
CBH001-CBH002 leaving Narngulu to head up the Mullewa Line. They crossed DFZ2402-DFZ2403-DFZ2401 in Narngulu Yard;
CBHTrain.jpg

Cheers
David

Nice David. :D Your reskins actually look better than the real thing - the real CBHs look like a P class that had an altercation with a bus, ugly buggers they are. :p

Good job! :D

Hi Scratchy,

They are the Manildra Grain Hoppers with the CBH Group added to it. There is not much in the way of WA Rollingstock at the moment.

Regards
David

Little bit off of subject... but, where can I find some good looking GM class locomotives? I am kind of taking a fondness for them, similar to F units here in USA... The built-in content is lacking on TS12.

Hi Scratchy,

They are the Manildra Grain Hoppers with the CBH Group added to it. There is not much in the way of WA Rollingstock at the moment.

Regards
David

Actually, there is a fair amount of WA content in Trainz, the problem is though as you're aware virtually none of it works in 2012 as they are showing up in CMP as faulty or full of errors/missing dependicies that can't be found (apart from Bear's recent M/MA class reskins which is 2012 content only), because much of the WAGR/Westrail stuff is old Legacy content from the 1.3 era of Trainz (much of it was made by John SB and mizzle). This problem is half the reason I've stuck with 2010 and not upgraded, as most will run under Compatibility Mode.

I will have to have a look. Is there any narrow gauge grain wagons at all?

I remember in Microsoft Train Simulator there used to be the old XWB and variations of the XU's. Pity there is nothing like this in Trainz Simulator.

Cheers
David

Hi David, although there are no actual WA style hoppers in Trainz to my knowledge (like the well known 'Woolie Wheaties' WW class), there is the WOAX open wagon (a Paintshed reskin if I remember rightly), plus there is also the XO class hoppers in original ARG orange and black livery (with either woodchip or coal loads). I'll check CMP and post the KUIDs here for you. :)

EDIT: there are three versions of the XO class - with coal load; kuid2:60318:60006:1, with woodchip load; kuid2:60318:60004:1, and finally without load kuid2:50567:60667:1. The WOAX wagon is kuid:144681:100046. Note that all these are showing up with either warnings or as faulty in CMP for 2010.

Little bit off of subject... but, where can I find some good looking GM class locomotives? I am kind of taking a fondness for them, similar to F units here in USA... The built-in content is lacking on TS12.

Hi pdkoester. Yes, Auran included the GM1 class in original Commonwealth Railways livery in earlier versions of Trainz, but I guess it must have been removed in 2012. In any event, it should be easy enough to find on the DLS (like above I'll check CMP for you and post it's KUID here).

EDIT: the GM class units in Trainz which I know of are:

The Built in version was released by Auran in two liveries: Australian National green and gold: AN GM class kuid:-1:100013 and Commonwealth Railways maroon and silver kuid:523:1038, and two versions in ARG livery (Paintshed reskins): kuid:60697:102263 and kuid:83329:100100. There are probably more, but these are just some of the ones I have installed on my system which I found in CMP. Hopefully this has helped. :D

Last edited:
6 from me today. I've recently discovered how amazing S301s VR rolling stock and locos are and I'm normally a NSW rail enthusiast but his content made me interested in the VR. Some of his locos have the gearing in between the driving wheels which is amazing. I'll stop my ranting and post the screenshots.

Consist:
Locomotive VR K104 (5' 3")
Tender VR K104 (5' 3")
x10 VR KMQ Flat Wagons (5' 3") All are loaded with 1 20ft Container

Layout:
Auburn

A view of K104 from the guards van climbing the grade.

A view from the guards van approaching St Aubyns

A view from the guards van arriving at the platform at St Aubyns

A view from the yard at St Aubyns

A view looking onto the station from across the street at St Aubyns

A view from St Aubyns Signal Box on the platform

Thank you all.

-Eno

At Falken442, if it is possible, for the non-iPad verison, is it possible to use more realistic, or at least something that passes for more realistic track, than that default track in Mac?

At c38nsw, the rusty track shown in your picture in your post here; what is the name of that track please, as that wooden track would be ideal. I only have track that is similar, but not the same.

(I really am going to have to make some sort of track index sheet!)

Last edited:
Back