hi stvo
nice work there.
are you using 2010EE??
if so, what trees show up for you? like in that pic

most of mine still are not showing, even though cmp shows them as clean
thanks
ron

Ron,
If I recall correctly I had 23 types of speed tree showing on your route.

hi tim, fran.
i had pofigs stuff working in 2010EE,
but after the re-install, most of his trees do not show in surveyor or driver
they are without errors in cmp

cheers
ron

hi tim, fran.
i had pofigs stuff working in 2010EE,
but after the re-install, most of his trees do not show in surveyor or driver
they are without errors in cmp

cheers
ron

Download them again.
Might not be the brightest idea, open all his trees for edit then commit. Might kick start them to showing.

Ron, all the trees there are 3rd party assets by Pofig. I am not using 2010 but rather 2012, a major upgrade from 2010 in my opinion...

Cheers

S301_20130307_0001.jpg

DD 584 gets the afternoon passenger train moving on it's way to Bendigo.

Zec

I found that when I made the textures a darker shade, that would decrease the affect the lighting had on things. This was back when I made locos and did reskins.

Unfortunately, the ambient lighting is 'locked' in GMax, and is a little too dark compared to the default Trainz lighting. Best thing to do is to make a colour that you like in GMax, put it into Trainz, then adjust the brightness till they are acceptably close. Note, keep a backup of the original texture. When you adjust, always adjust from the original image. Once you have it right, make a note of how much adjustment was needed. Now you can apply the same amount on all textures as a starting point (Rather than repeating the process every time).

One of the advantages I've found with 3DSMax (and likely blender?) is that you can set the ambient lighting. I've found that setting it to RGB=70,70,70 is close enough to Trainz to be able to get the textures looking right in both :)

Zec

Back