Australian screenshots

SAR Islington Railway Workshops

Hello Everyone;

Attention all SAR Trainzers; Here is something special.

The South Australian Railways P-class originated with 6 locomotives built by Beyer Peacock & Co in 1884, [SUP]a [/SUP]based on an earlier design supplied to the Isle of Wight Railways. [SUP]b [/SUP]The P-class was judged a success and an additional 14 units were delivered from local builder James Martin of Gawler. P 117 is one of these later locomotives, and carries James Martin builder's number 57 of 1893.The P-class excelled in Adelaide suburban passenger and goods working. At a later stage they were used extensively for shunting duties on the wharves and yards of Port Adelaide. The P-class had all been withdrawn by the mid-1950's but fortunately one was saved for preservation and placed in storage pending a suitable museum. (Many fine classes of SAR steam power were withdrawn after this date but were not so lucky, such as the extinct S-class 4-4-0, 600-class Pacifics and 720-class Berkshires.) P 117 subsequently entered the ARHS Mile End Railway Museum in 1964.
SARP-Class117A.jpg

The model is based off preserved model #117 which is in the National Railway Musuem, Port Adelaide.
p117.jpg

Kindest Regards

Michael Gitsham

Hello Everyone;

Attention all SAR Trainzers; Here is something special.

The South Australian Railways P-class originated with 6 locomotives built by Beyer Peacock & Co in 1884, [SUP]a [/SUP]based on an earlier design supplied to the Isle of Wight Railways. [SUP]b [/SUP]The P-class was judged a success and an additional 14 units were delivered from local builder James Martin of Gawler. P 117 is one of these later locomotives, and carries James Martin builder's number 57 of 1893.The P-class excelled in Adelaide suburban passenger and goods working. At a later stage they were used extensively for shunting duties on the wharves and yards of Port Adelaide. The P-class had all been withdrawn by the mid-1950's but fortunately one was saved for preservation and placed in storage pending a suitable museum. (Many fine classes of SAR steam power were withdrawn after this date but were not so lucky, such as the extinct S-class 4-4-0, 600-class Pacifics and 720-class Berkshires.) P 117 subsequently entered the ARHS Mile End Railway Museum in 1964.

(Images removed)

Kindest Regards

Michael Gitsham

Looking good, another nice item to the SAR collection available.

This is going a while back, but I cannot recall whether it was you Michael or another user who had plans for the RX Class, 620 Class and many other SAR Steam/Diesel Locomotives? If anyone knows the user or what's happening with those plans, I would be interested to know what's going on.

-SARRailways :)

SAR, I can give you the answer; the person who made the RX originally has now left trainz, but I have the RX mesh; I have madet he drivers and wheels to BG, but i need help with the animation and sadly he did not give me the original textures, so I have to texture it myself. Damn!!.

I should be noted that I am making an SAR S Class and I am comming down to SA, so we should meet and exchange notes.

Regards

Michael Gitsham

Trainz 89,
I am still around. The Rx was given to you as we (temprasphere and I) were looking for someone that could do the driving wheels and animation for it. I still do a fair bit of trainz... I admit, not as much as I used to as I am now doing Uni and I am more involved with model railways as to gaming. I too have built a P Class and got it into trainz, but there are some errors in it, and I just threw a really basic texture over it. I have been working on the Adelaide to Murray Bridge DEM Data, as you may have seen in previous screenshots. I also have been working on a new Redhen.

Sydney Harbour Bridge only a few days away,

<< Images clipped >>

TS12 runs smooth with the bridge, i will be changing the colours in places of course,
steve

Admittedly not my genre and not models I will be using, but looks great looking model Stevo!! Look forward to your Opera House and Luna Park projects... :p :hehe:

Michael

Hope the RX all gets sorted out. When are you coming down? I might be away with my Dad on holiday. Do you have an email address with I could contact you? I would find it easier instead of cluttering up the screenshot board.

Nick

Good to hear about the Red hen progress. Are you still fixing up the Brill and wagons you had on the SAR Trainz website? It would be good to see them :)

Bear, you Peter and Davido will be the first to get it
for sure, you have all given so much to the Trainz community
Bear has there ever been a Sydney Harbour Bridge in any game that you know of ? What im getting at is there one avalible for gaming software anywhere.
steve

Bear, you Peter and Davido will be the first to get it
for sure, you have all given so much to the Trainz community
Bear has there ever been a Sydney Harbour Bridge in any game that you know of ? What im getting at is there one avalible for gaming software anywhere.
steve

no idea on that one - could be a first

Actually, I think it was deadly that did a version of it, he also did the opera house, just looking at the tulloch cars, I think I might adjust the level in gmax of the bogies I created so that they can be released as an alternate or updated bogie for them. Steve you do know there is a central station on the dls dont you.

cheers
Pete

Hello Nick, thats good your still around. I have been trying to contact you for neary 12 months

By would it happens if you still had the wheelset of the P class because mine keep stuffing up. I have just added the cab last night, so she is starting to take form. I am very impressed with your murray bridge route. The SAR S class would suit perfectly because in their twilight years where based at Murray Bridge. Maybe I could have a look at your P class and incorporate some elements into my model.

Regarding the RX, would you still happen to have the textures for the model and the drivers are complete but they just need to be annimated. I took the liberty in finishing off the tender bogies last night aswell as the front leading bogies on the locomotive. I found that the model was built to Broad Gauge.

Anyway, pop me an email or pm me. Btw, I am comming home to SA due to family.

Cheers

Michael Gitsham
Trainz 89,
I am still around. The Rx was given to you as we (temprasphere and I) were looking for someone that could do the driving wheels and animation for it. I still do a fair bit of trainz... I admit, not as much as I used to as I am now doing Uni and I am more involved with model railways as to gaming. I too have built a P Class and got it into trainz, but there are some errors in it, and I just threw a really basic texture over it. I have been working on the Adelaide to Murray Bridge DEM Data, as you may have seen in previous screenshots. I also have been working on a new Redhen.

@steve123, you should put all of Peters steam locomotives in a line to recreate the weight testing of the bridge in 1932. When NSWGR were called appon by the NSW PWD to test the bridge with over 96 elderely locomotives. Worth a thought. :D

Regards

Michael Gitsham

Last edited:
Peter i can't find Sydney Central station on downloads but I have been building my own for about 4 months
steve

Last edited:
Steve,

Try kuid2:1854:1951:1 - Sydney Central, I think that's it.

From memory Styker was the first one to part build the Sydney Harbour Bridge and last time I spoke with him (many years ago) he still had it but was too busy with family and work for Trainz anymore.

rjord (think that's how to spell his username) did build a Harbour Bridge and Opera House but never released them. I have not seen him for some years either.

Craig
:):):)

Back