Australian maps 1930s now on line

hi mate
this may sound stupid, buthow do i download the maps?
thanks ron

Sorry Ron but it is only view on line. Click on the map you want and after it loads look for the menu choice for zoom in and out. Pan up or down or sideways buttons are on the edges on the maps.

Ipswich is there as are the lines out towards Lowood, Marburg, Boonah, the various Redbank loop coal field lines as well as the Mt Crosby extension of the Tivoli Branch as well.

The Brisbane one also includes the Belmont Tramway, out towards Dayboro and the quarry line from Rocklea to the quarry near Archerfield aerodrome.

More at "Wheels on Steel" http://www.wheelsonsteel.com.au/index.php

in particular
http://www.wheelsonsteel.com.au/showthread.php?tid=5643&pid=86941#pid86941

Cheers
Peter

hi peter

thats a bugger, but still iuts good to be able to do some research

do you have any info on the canungra tramway that used to haul the logs?
ui cant find anything anywhere about it.

not even the canungra historical people have any info bar for the general stuff on the net

thanks
ron

According to the site, you can right-click then 'save as' the inages for personal use. You can also order the complete high-res images, it looks like the cost is A$35-45

Nice find - it would be interesting to see some more period Aus routes :)

Curtis

G,Day all

Petan, Hows it going. I was wondering if there were any around Bethania, Logan village on that maps pge or there were any similar to it. I needed a map to model the streets at Bethania around the 1960's.

-Cheers

G,Day all Petan, Hows it going. I was wondering if there were any around Bethania, Logan village on that maps pge or there were any similar to it. I needed a map to model the streets at Bethania around the 1960's.-Cheers

That download site I use and identified on Railpage has the 1977 ones for around Kingston to Beenleigh. If lost, see the link in one of my early posts in the Beaudesert thread. If really lost, use my email that you used the other day.

This is your first forum post and welcome!

Removed

Holla all the message I sen't seems to not be working so I deleted it. Sorry for any inconvenience

-Cheers

Dylan

Last edited:
Merry Christmas From Brisbane!

G, Day all and Merry Christmas

@Falcon500, I am sorry if I posted the wrong site. I will try again as I remember there were about 6 QR track plan map's dating from 1890 to 1960. They had Railway's in operation and under construction.

-Cheers all and enjoy the rest of Christmas Day 2012!

Sportco967

Back