Australian Chat Thread

Did I create the original in collaboration yes it was a team effort.
Did I do the new version in collaboration with the same team yes.

At the time of this all happening the guys in our modelling group felt it was very unfair that we were being forced to brake models that worked in older version of trainz by having to upgrade them to new version of trainz and thus forcing people to get new software. So as items were upgraded to the new standard they got new kuids so both models could coexist. When we were told we would be forced to up grade anyway, and given a list by N3V what items had to be fixed, as far as possible items were upgrade and in some case whole new versions released and old obsoleted. - some items that were beyond repair and a list was supplied to N3V were ask to be removed from the DLS there reply was no so we then had to obsoleted the rest. During this period some rat bag then was able to get some items via the community clean up and stuff them around - as all report to N3V at the time

Now the 36 that is on the the DLS now posing as the 36 is not the 36 that was the end version of 36 class in 2004 format.

This version had mesh errors that could not be fixed and this it was all pointed out to N3V and they were asked for it to be removed as we had created a better C36.

Persons unknown have dragged up and placed on the DLS with what they were stating as a fixed up mesh but was in fact an older version of the 36 mesh. The errors would give any NSW steam enthusiast a heart attach. This was all pointed out to N3V at the time it happened.

Look if N3V want to pass off old out dated work that is bad texture wrong colored and wrong shaped as there best and newest really who am I to stop them its there neck on the chopping block - the screen shost of the two should speak for themselves.

I do not want TANE to fail as I feel if it did it would almost be the down fall the N3V and the end of the trainz franchise. I want people to go whoa this is amazing.

How peeved off would you be if you paid for that TANE version of the 36 class and then find the far better and free version of it on the DLS.

One other note look - at the differences between the naming of the loco and the tender alone this should give you a clue that something is not right let alone the colour difference between the two.

But it looks like I am the only one who cares about this so if might as well just let it be as its not going to change anything.

If it was outside the boundaries of the clean up you can hardly blame them for missing it.
Out of interest, did you create the original older 36 in question? If not then it isn't really an update to the original, yours is a NEW assets of its own, hence the entirely different kuid, being the reason its not considered as an updated version. Again, its the route/session creator that decided to use this one and its up to them if they want to use it or your newer one.

Last edited:
Myself and Peter are the Cowra loco modelling group look at our logo - read the configs

We used to be the ACT Modeler groups but over the years we have lost a few "Wazzer" king of the kids Warwick Passed away in quite tragic circumstances and Footplatephil lost interest and found LBG.

Pity we lost the old forums as these guys were legendary

ErikCW aka gorilla's arm pit was also closed associated (look in the 2004 manual as he was the guy who worked out how to get steam locos to work in TRS2004 )
No, AD60200 created the 36 class IIRC, and let me just say it is good to see all this useless conversation away from the screenshot thread!

Cheers

As a side note if you open the 36 class in TANE you will notice that all the licence and contact details have been stripped from the config - then compare it to the tender config.

I think you'll find that N3V have bigger things to attend to than a 36 class. A whole new engine, simulator and a revolutionary new way to play Trainz, or a 36 with the wrong colour. Yeah, I know which one I'd be focusing on.

Also since you don't update your assets as 'updates' as how N3V standards work, you're technically asking for a change of content rather than an update...

Last edited:
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. The problem is that the old asset is on the DLS after you, the creators, asked it to be removed after being uploaded for something else. Now I understand your frustration, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Its not just the colour that is wrong have a look at the screen shots and the list of differences - the one in TANE is 10 years old

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?115234-Australian-Chat-Thread&p=1359304#post1359304

Would you be happy if you bought a new car and then found out that it had a sat nav with 10 year old maps that you had paid for as being up to date.
I think you'll find that N3V have bigger things to attend to than a 36 class. A whole new engine, simulator and a revolutionary new way to play Trainz, or a 36 with the wrong colour. Yeah, I know which one I'd be focusing on.

Also since you don't update your assets as 'updates' as how N3V standards work, you're technically asking for a change of content rather than an update...

Last edited:
Someone say *Henshin*, then put your hands in the air so your body forms a V shape, then shout

*uchuu kita* as you put your arms in the air....

lol
Cheers.

Please understand that is not the purpose of ANY forum. If someone doesn't post in your thread for 2 days you better not go harassing people. Why not instead trying starting a stimulating conversation?
Also, try working on your jokes, lol

What's the first experience that got everyone into Australian railways? I'll start, I need a creative outlet...

I grew up right beside Westrail's dual gauge mainline to the eastern states, right near the junction for the line to Geraldton. I can remember big orange L Class locos thundering along all the time, and if I was lucky, I'd catch the occasional Australian National GM Class loco (a definite novelty at the time with their different sounding horn).

A friend's dad worked at Westrail's main loco depot and took us on a tour there after school one day. For a 6 year old, the smell, dirt, noise and big orange locos were amazing. But the cherry on top of this experience was that he organised for us to drive a locomotive up and down a stretch of depot track. Clyde GM A class, number 1504 (below). I remember everything like it was yesterday: pull down the spring loaded bolt, shift the lever to forward; release the independent brake; sound the horn; notch the engine up to 1, then 2. The sound of that EMD 12-567 coming to life was incredible - imagine how it would be for a 6 year old to experience this!

And that was it, trains ever since. Indian Pacific and Flying Scotsman (in Australia) rides have been highlights, but driving A1504 was tops. I envy those who do this for a living... I can see myself having a career change one day.

Now if I only I had the time and patience to finish my Westrail stuff in Blender...

Cheers
hiyo

Last edited:
Back