Auran have nothing to be afraid of with KUJU

ROFL...:D Sorry, couldn't help but reply to this one! Anyways, Aruan DOES have to be afraid. KRS is basically a suped-up version of Trainz. Once KRS hits the NA market, I'm sure Trainz will be almost non-existant. I'm willing to bet that MSTS currently has 65%-80% of the train simulation community population. From what I see, it's almost a fight to stay alive with the TRS community. Recently, SPORBUST had annouced his resignation from creating content. This delt a damn big blow to the US TRS community. If a very skilled creator for MSTS decides to stop creating content, it is in no way a threat to the community. Another one will probably fill the gap in a week or two. That person is still admired and missed, but it doesn't affect the community to an extent like the TRS community is affected. A few months ago when SPORBUST was still creating content, I was debating wether or not to switch back to MSTS or continue with TRS. After SPORBUST threw in the towel, so did I.

Auran is threatened, and I can say this with the utmost certainty, when MSTSX is released, Auran will be swept clean.

If this hurt your feelings, I don't care, if it angered you, too bad. Face the truth.

If this hurt your feelings, I don't care, if it angered you, too bad. Face the truth.

:p Don't worry about it, Jordan. The world will still be spinning round, I will still be being happy and enjoying my Trainz even though the Martians from Kuju came down again along with the one hundredth version of the War of the Worlds, featuring Tom Cruise's grandson and Orson Welles' grand grand granddaughther. :hehe:

Who cares for the fierce wolf! :p

I better think about more important serious things in the world which really make me angry to hear about.

Alberte :wave: see you at TRS2525 version Fun Fair, when you will be able to keep telling that old story about the death of Trainz .

Last edited:
ROFL...:D Sorry, couldn't help but reply to this one! Anyways, Aruan DOES have to be afraid. KRS is basically a suped-up version of Trainz. Once KRS hits the NA market, I'm sure Trainz will be almost non-existant. I'm willing to bet that MSTS currently has 65%-80% of the train simulation community population. From what I see, it's almost a fight to stay alive with the TRS community. Recently, SPORBUST had annouced his resignation from creating content. This delt a damn big blow to the US TRS community. If a very skilled creator for MSTS decides to stop creating content, it is in no way a threat to the community. Another one will probably fill the gap in a week or two. That person is still admired and missed, but it doesn't affect the community to an extent like the TRS community is affected. A few months ago when SPORBUST was still creating content, I was debating wether or not to switch back to MSTS or continue with TRS. After SPORBUST threw in the towel, so did I.

Auran is threatened, and I can say this with the utmost certainty, when MSTSX is released, Auran will be swept clean.

Please stop elevating this Sporburst character to be some sort of god.

Most of your post would seem to be rather far from the truth actually.

Mike.

Please stop elevating this Sporburst character to be some sort of god.

Ah, yes, Mike, I know that old story of 3D digital technologists -rather skilled, I presume- becoming the new pseudo-geniuses of art and science, feeling essential and unique.

Let's ask Leonardo da Vinci what he thinks about this! :hehe:

Alberte :wave:

The loss of SPORBUST is regrettable, for sure, but...

... A few months ago when SPORBUST was still creating content, I was debating wether or not to switch back to MSTS or continue with TRS. After SPORBUST threw in the towel, so did I.

Many of us, like you, lack the skill to build a locomotive and regret the loss of a good modeler. The loss of SPORBUST is regrettable, for sure, but not a death knell. We have lost many good modelers, several left before you ever owned Trainz. They were replaced by others. I have been in the Trainz community since you were 7 years old (half your life, I believe) Trainman12 and I can tell you that this community is larger than any one person.

I wish you well.:wave:

Dave

Allow me to make two predictions that will more than likely come true:

1) When you get older, you'll realize you can't say anything with certainty unless you are in complete control of the situation.

2) This kind of language is always regretted after the passage of time.

Ed:p

Many of us, like you, lack the skill to build a locomotive and regret the loss of a good modeler. The loss of SPORBUST is regrettable, for sure, but not a death knell. We have lost many good modelers, several left before you ever owned Trainz. They were replaced by others. I have been in the Trainz community since you were 7 years old (half your life, I believe) Trainman12 and I can tell you that this community is larger than any one person.

I wish you well.:wave:

Dave

Agreed, we have lost many great modellers, PikkaBird, Spoony, DavidT, Prjindigo to name a few. TRS and Auran are strong, they'll still be strong when the new sims arrive.

Ahhh...the two dimensional reasoning of youth....date on Friday night....zit on nose Friday morning...life officially over....:cool:

as ive posted earlier i do like and support the new sim, but i have been thinking there are some good things in trianz that i dont think we will have with KRS, trainz seems to have better gradients than KRS, its a smoother transition, as KRS gradients are like the MSTS ones i often think this train could ground itself with some of the gradient changes in KRS and MSTS.

another thing is the dispatcher part of trainz, being able to fulfill waybills by assigning AI drivers to jobs in open ended sessions, i dont think KRS will give us this. as it is near impossible to drive in sessions with AI trains i think KRS will beat trainz here easy.

scs2006 can create good scenarios in trainz but as i think the driving experience is a lot better in KRS i cant see trainz competing here

cheers

Gav

From viewing Kuju's screenshots, I have to say that I like the graphics better than Trainz. To me, the locos look more life-like than Trainz, and I love the shadows that objects cast. The textures seem more detailed, too.

But if we're talking about comparing the quality of the route detail between Trainz and KRS, we've got to realise that KRS are not going to include a route with so much detail, so many scenery objects, etc., that it would cause a meltdown of the average person's desktop computer when they tried to run it.

I'm sure that the quality of the route detail in KRS will approach that of the best in Trainz one day, once custom content is released and people get to grips with the new software. After all: I'm sure the first custom routes in Trainz were not fantastic, either.

So I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of KRS when they release it down here, just to see what it's like. And heck, Auran definitely need some competition if they're going to improve Trainz, because from my observation they don't seem to be doing too much to help themselves at the moment. Remember Rail Sim Pro, or whatever they were going to call it? Whatever happened to that?

I'm sure that the quality of the route detail in KRS will approach that of the best in Trainz one day, once custom content is released and people get to grips with the new software. After all: I'm sure the first custom routes in Trainz were not fantastic, either.

So I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of KRS when they release it down here, just to see what it's like. And heck, Auran definitely need some competition if they're going to improve Trainz, because from my observation they don't seem to be doing too much to help themselves at the moment. Remember Rail Sim Pro, or whatever they were going to call it? Whatever happened to that?

Sure?
I wait over 2 years. Receive it on the 19.10.07 here in Germany.
Now it is on Ebay.

The grafic is good, the sound is good - but the functions?

When you want to buy, WAIT there is a demo avaible, EA test it in this time!

KRS is a MSTS 1 with new grafic and easy route editor.
Not more... The function we have in Trainz... nothing.
I found no AI, only one Train - YOURS in the free driving mode.
I wrote all some sites back.

Someday we have some function that we have in Trainz, but today, this sim is only a driving simulator - MSTS (1) too.
Or better a drive szenario simulator. Because the free driving with only ONE train - in Trainz you can do this and much more.

But when you like to play with MSTS - you will love the KRS - or not. Because grafic, sounds, animation is not all (I must learn it for me) I need the functions of Trainz to have fun with trains.

A other point: to use the cameras in the simulator:
go down to the ground: look down, fly down and then look up.
You must use keyboard and mouse to do this!
Mouse-wheel have not function. :(

In Trainz I can use keyboard OR mouse.

P.S. KRS must be in the DVD-Drive - there is SecuROM 7 protection (I found this words as unvisible in the Documents/User folder of my WinXP)
Only one damage and you can buy it again:confused:
When Trainz would have this - I can understand. But only for some eye candys?

Last edited:
Agreed. Techni's is a brief summary of what you are finding in RS if you buy it. Not to mention the long buggy list to be fixed.

Of course, people who like that we'll be glad and springing in joy. I'm not and staying springing in Trainz known pros and cons, the latter the most.

Anyway, when personal choice is concerned, nothing to be said by others.

Alberte :wave:

Frank was an excellent content creator and he will be missed, but their will always be more creative people learning to 3dmodel and take up a new place.
However its a shame when some content creators leave they pull all their content away from the community when they do not get their way especially when its freeware; kind of like a child taking his toys home when he doesn't get his way.

Its fine to come and go as you please but Indian giving is not appreciated.

Sincerely,
John

- Indian giving
  1. The act of giving something to someone under the pretence that they get to keep it permanently, and then taking it back later on.

Last edited:
- Indian giving
  1. The act of giving something to someone under the pretence that they get to keep it permanently, and then taking it back later on.

Uh....it's called "Native American Giving" now......didn't you get the memo?
Ed:eek:

Back