At the crossing, the road and track are rotated 90 degrees

Hello Use traffic stopper work ATLS and TRC ! best is TRC crossing signal have different kind of signal !
John
Hi,
This is my first experience in surveyor with roads, tracks and crossings. I tried to use ATLS and TRC but there were many questions. For example, the asphalt part of the crossing and how to connect it all together.
As a result, I changed some tracks and splines, deleted and installed again outdated crossing that worked again.
Anyway, thanks for the help.
Yura.

What crossing asset is this? There is an invisible road spline where the track is supposed to be. You may want to find another asset to use instead of that one.

While the ATLS and the TRC crossings are a bit more of a chore to set up, they're quite versatile due to not being a fixed angle but for some situations it's easier to use the old-fashioned prebuilt crossings. There are some nice tutorials on how to set these up with ATLS having the information built right into the assets.

How I set up level crossings:

I get the angle of the crossing by placing it over the tracks where I want to "cut in" the crossing.

I then insert spline points in the tracks on either side of the crossing and do the same with the road if the road crosses over the tracks already.

After moving the crossing to the side, I delete the track and road bits in between the spline points leaving a space for the crossing to fit in.

I then move the crossing into place and connect up the tracks first then the road splines on either side.

The process is a lot quicker than it is to type this out.

What crossing asset is this? There is an invisible road spline where the track is supposed to be. You may want to find another asset to use instead of that one.

While the ATLS and the TRC crossings are a bit more of a chore to set up, they're quite versatile due to not being a fixed angle but for some situations it's easier to use the old-fashioned prebuilt crossings. There are some nice tutorials on how to set these up with ATLS having the information built right into the assets.

How I set up level crossings:

I get the angle of the crossing by placing it over the tracks where I want to "cut in" the crossing.

I then insert spline points in the tracks on either side of the crossing and do the same with the road if the road crosses over the tracks already.

After moving the crossing to the side, I delete the track and road bits in between the spline points leaving a space for the crossing to fit in.

I then move the crossing into place and connect up the tracks first then the road splines on either side.

The process is a lot quicker than it is to type this out.
Thanks for the information, I've already fixed everything:

<kuid2:39134:101084:3> Grade Xing US 4L 3T.
This is an outdated Pacific Surfliner map, I had to convert it twice, first version 2.5 to 3.7 via TS12, and only then to 5.0, TS19.
It turned out great, except for these two crossings.

After trial and error, I did exactly as you said I did:

"After moving the crossing to the side, I delete the track and road bits in between the spline points leaving a space for the crossing to fit in.
I then move the crossing into place and connect up the tracks first then the road splines on either side."

And as it turned out, I did everything right. :)

Last edited:
Back