Are you a rail photographer??

more blasts from the past
Taken Again at Broadmeadow 8118 at a Open day Broadmeadow Depot.

8124 sits at the Newstan Balloon loop ready to act as a bank engine.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Cheers

Ghosty

Last edited:
Thanks johnchisem:) Nice shots all.
108 at Furnace Sidings 27th August 06
DSCF0025.jpg

Wessex at Pengam 3rd Feb 07
DSCF0001.jpg

An ATW 150 approches Pengam 3rd Feb 07
DSCF0029.jpg

Wessex Aproching Pengam
DSCF0043.jpg

And one from Bridgnorth (the loco is on the left)
DSCF0201.jpg

All are Copywright

Class143

Today I have five pics to show....

2323-1733 haul the Sunlander through Sunshine on the Caboolture line.

2323-1733.jpg

2371-1739D at the same location with a livestock train.

2371-1739D.jpg

2350-2366 haul a coalie through Dinmore

2350-2366.jpg

I visited Redbank today and was lucky enough to witness a shunting movement involving a 1720 class. This elderley loco without the AC unit on the front shunted a suburban SMU into the yards.

1741DA.jpg

1741DB.jpg

1741DC.jpg

Colhad

great pics mate, what other pics do you have of the Ipswich line mate ? why i ask i am building the line in Trainz and there are a few sectors i am short of some pictures for, was hoping you might be able to help me out. if you can can you contact me via email ?

Cheers

Ghosty

I go out to Ippy a lot Ghosty, I have a few that may be of assistance to you. I've got a couple at Wacol, Riverview, Corinda, Graceville, Chelmer, I'll see what I can dig up for you and I'll email some to you if you like.

colhad

thanks mate one of the reas i need most is between Darra to sherwood. especially around darra station and the cement works. when u email me i will send you a list of things i am after that you maybe able to help me with.

Cheers

Ghosty

2330-2348 haul coal through Karrabin

2330-2348.jpg

An AC16 leads a special tourist train known as Hogwarts Express through Karrabin

AC16class.jpg

2479D hauls the Westlander through Wulkuraka

2479DWestlander.jpg

Last edited:
WEST YORKSHIRE DAY ROVER

Just had a few hours riding round West Yorkshire on the excellent value Day Rover provided by Metro:- http://www.wymetro.com/TicketsAndPasses/WYDayRover.htm Adult £5 and family (up to 2 adults+3kids) £7.50 I have no connection with Metro!

class 333 at Ilkley on a train ready to return to Leeds.

20070723trainz0127au1.jpg

class 185 at Huddersfield also going to Leeds

20070723trainz0104dm3.jpg

class 150 at Huddersfield

20070723trainz0102jn7.jpg

class 158 and 143 at Leeds

20070723trainz0015dy5.jpg

class 142 at Denby Dale

20070723trainz0012en2.jpg

and finally one to show the problems of shutter lag on a digital camera. We were lucky to see 2 class 150s running side by side into a weed strewn Wakefield Westgate. I bet the old time platelayers are turning in their graves! This is part of the East Coast Main Line!

20070723trainz0003xy7.jpg

Sorry it's been all multiple units. Hope for something better before the weekend!

John

"We were lucky to see 2 class 150s running side by side into a weed strewn Wakefield Westgate. I bet the old time platelayers are turning in their graves! This is part of the East Coast Main Line"

Sorry John, but since when has Wakefield been on the ECML ? :hehe:

OK it might be a bit of a branch off the ECML. Please forgive me as I was born in Ferrybridge, and that WAS ONCE on the ECML!

John

now if Mr Blackwatch wants to suggest how to describe the GNR (note not GNER) from Doncaster to Leeds I might concede defeat.:D

Sorry John, I was born in Mexborough & spent many hours on Doncaster station with my camera, but in all my time there, I can`t think I ever heard the line down to Leeds called anything in particular.
Mind you, looking at your photo, I think the word "Mess" is quite apt. :D

Last edited:
Pics for Blackwatch!

If you were at Doncaster about 30 years ago you might have seen me. If you don't mind here are a few poor quality shots to jog your memory.

Note. in those days photography was very expensive when you were still at school, I tried to save money by buying out of date film, paper and chemicals, this combined with amateurish home processing is why the quality is naff. I hope that you overlook the fuzziness and staining!

plasticwallet20011xr4.jpg

plasticwallet20003st2.jpg

file0013re6.jpg

John

PS we preferred St Paddy and Nimbus to Blackwatch:hehe: but at least you are not Meld!:confused:

Last edited:
Back