Another Bug In The Wonderful Experience That Is TRS22

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Creating a model railway style route, at the point where I need to drop the surrounding height to -48m to emulate the floor of the room.

So lay a road spline to create the first section, do the terrain and get this:

So what on earth, or rather water, is going on? I haven't enabled water in any shape or form on any of the tiles. I tried using the delete function to remove the water to no avail.

Any answers or solutions appreciated before I remove TRS22 from my HD and vow never to install it again... :)

What you are looking at is a Water Effect Layer. It behaves exactly the same as the ground height and can be moved up in places where you want the water to show and down in those places where you do not want water to be seen. It is normally at an altitude of (I believe) 0m so lowering the ground to -48m you have exposed the water. Water Effect Layers (you can have several) cover the entire layout.

How did it get there? Normally effect layers have to be manually added to a route before they can appear so it must (somehow) have been created. My tests in TRS22 PE Surveyor Classic when creating a new route did not produce a water effect layer unless I manually created one using the Edit Effect Layers option from the Surveyor Main Edit menu.

To get rid of it, assuming it was somehow created:-
  1. open the Edit Effect Layer from the Main Edit Menu (top of the screen)
  2. in the open dialogue window open the drop down box labelled Layer and select Water (there must be one otherwise I cannot explain what you are seeing)
  3. click the little x button with the red background on the same level as the Layer label - this will delete the layer

What you are looking at is a Water Effect Layer. It behaves exactly the same as the ground height and can be moved up in places where you want the water to show and down in those places where you do not want water to be seen. It is normally at an altitude of (I believe) 0m so lowering the ground to -48m you have exposed the water. Water Effect Layers (you can have several) cover the entire layout.

How did it get there? Normally effect layers have to be manually added to a route before they can appear so it must (somehow) have been created. My tests in TRS22 PE Surveyor Classic when creating a new route did not produce a water effect layer unless I manually created one using the Edit Effect Layers option from the Surveyor Main Edit menu.

To get rid of it, assuming it was somehow created:-
  1. open the Edit Effect Layer from the Main Edit Menu (top of the screen)
  2. in the open dialogue window open the drop down box labelled Layer and select Water (there must be one otherwise I cannot explain what you are seeing)
  3. click the little x button with the red background on the same level as the Layer label - this will delete the layer
Yes that cured the problem but I have absolutely no idea how the water layer got there in the first place! I created a basic route to which I then overlaid the Basemaps, in their own layer from the RHS pullout. It's the first time I've noticed this behaviour in TRS22, which here is still the orignal non PE Steam edition.

Thank you.

Back