Angled Crossing Gates

I found the answer to the footpath problem- theres a spline called "Wooden Crossing Boards" and it looks just right for the footpath.I"ll post a screeny as soon as my ISP starts behaving itself - its been achingly slow all day.PS have a look at my first shot in Screenshots "Real Train photos"..:)

I've been using the crossing boards for some time (but I didn't know there was a spline) and they look great but I need something for the town crossings such as Mablethorpe and Sutton On Sea.

That is a great shot, ahh Deltics. I once had the dubious pleasure of working on an engine. Not an experience for the faint hearted but a wonderful machine nonetheless. The gate is in that shot I notice. (and I have found in in the scenery section) I'll try it on the 3 track crossing at Firsby.

I looked at the photo of Firsby staion in "East Midlands Branch Line Album" and it appears that the single line and the main line had seperate single span gates at the level crossing which was a very narrow road.You could do it with GWR Double and Single Track Level Crossings but then the road would be too wide and they"d be double gates.Done with Yard Gates it would look nice.Heres a shot of a level crossing near Barnetby which I"ve redone using Kemplens excellent LNER Signalbox and Splines of Board Walk and Wooden Crossing Boards.
LCnearBarnetby.jpg

Yeah, I've got those gates on the Firsby crossing at the moment and it looks okay except for the fact that there is a jink in the road! I connected it to the National Metals last night - to my surprise the track there is still wooden sleeper type.

That image looks great - I have used that signal box quite a bit. The hedgerow spline looks fine there but everytime I use them they seem to look really false and I end up putting loads of shrubs in them for a more random look. (maybe I'm getting too silly about the flora) I'm guessing the crossing boards spline is a third party add-on as I can't find it.

Can't reciprocate with screen shots as my keyboard doesn't seem to work on the top row. I think it came with a disc ..........

Hi, I use Hedgerow 15 because it has a much more 3D effect to it than the others."Wooden Crossing Boards" are KUID 46219:37054.As for the main crossing timbers they are "Board Walk" (two seperate words) but I can"t find the KUID.Also , if you don"t already have them put "Walkover" into the DLS and have a look at UK Lattice Walkover" - they"re ideal for the large footbridges at Spalding although I usually reduce their height as they"re a bit tall compared to the UK Loading Gauge.:rolleyes:

Hi, I use Hedgerow 15 because it has a much more 3D effect to it than the others."Wooden Crossing Boards" are KUID 46219:37054.As for the main crossing timbers they are "Board Walk" (two seperate words) but I can"t find the KUID.Also , if you don"t already have them put "Walkover" into the DLS and have a look at UK Lattice Walkover" - they"re ideal for the large footbridges at Spalding although I usually reduce their height as they"re a bit tall compared to the UK Loading Gauge.:rolleyes:

Don't worry about footbridges for Spalding, I'm planning some more accurate :p along with some of the other key buildings. :D

Rob

Nice one.As you"ll know the GNR stations in the area were "modular" but they were nearly all done with that little Italianate tower , either in cream brick or red brick.I walked from Bardney to Dogdyke in 1982 - I took a nice photo of semi derelict Tattershall station and I"ll have to dig it out.But Stickney was different with a huge canopy which was sagging in the middle.I guess its all gone now..:(

Oooh yes please. those Italian towers would help a bundle when I get to Bardney.
As of yet there are no great copies of the 'generic' GNR stations found on the Mablethorpe Loop (or at least I haven't found any). They can be faked but it needs several buildings. If you have time on your hands ........... :D

angled UK gated crossings

I have just started a route and could not find a lot of stuff for it, one of the things I could not find was an angled UK gated crossing. so i thought:- "Ok GMAX here we go". Anyway I have put the my first try on to DS. I am not happy with it as yet. but let me know what you think. To make it look correct you need to link it with a bit of "track only track", because it's a track crossing a road. I will sort this out in a bit.

kuid 173173:2084

Cheers

Belkenn
:cool:

Angled Crossings

Thanks very much Belkenn. I have been looking for an operational UK crossing for a long time as they were very common in Ireland and I'm striving to get as near to reality as possible in my LMS(NCC) route.
I look forward to it becoming available on the DLS.
Reynaud2

Angled UK crossings

I have just started a new route and I needed an angled UK road crossing with just rails accross the road, could not find one, so I thought "here we go gmax". Anyway its on DLS (173173:2084). It was designed for a narrow gauge route but will take normal gauge trains. If this does not suit your needs, then please feel free to let me know what you wish and I will try to build it for you and the good bit is; I just do it for fun, so i dont charge.

have fun

Belkenn.

Back