An interesting AP article

Between the kid and the crew there was probably more sense in the cab than in all the cars and at the papers... ;)

Ferrous I agree. what do they have against Foamers, except for the ones who climb on the tracks.

Why do us railfans and others who watch trains as a hobby get so much scrutiny? We are innocent people and we have rights,and so do the engineers.I was supossed to get a ride on my friends dads friends CP Freight train :'(. Now thats sad :confused: Oh well,I guess ill just have to keep watching trains at the local yard.

...snip.... We are innocent people and we have rights,and so do the engineers....snip

No...actually the engineer has no rights when it comes to passenger and public safety.

Also, if you were to interfere with the engineer doing his job safely...and get caught...well, you have no rights.

Sorry..... just offering an adult point of view on the matter.

Have fun,

Aardvark1, you've hit the nail right on the thumb. There is no way to justify allowing anything to distract an engineer from propelling his hundreds of tons of stuff in such a way as not to turn several dozens of people into hamburger. As far as foaming is concerned, you do it from a distance. Driving a Trainz train is not even a close analogy to taking responsibility for the lives of passengers in real life. Just an opinion :wave: .

Bernie

Back