Almost zero FPS while playing

Asyn

Hello everyone,

I'm really frustrated with this problem. I have:

GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB
Intel Core i7-12700K
32 GB RAM

and my Trainz is running on High settings. My last computer was set to medium which wasn't issue even on bigger maps with 3D vegetations.

I load one-panel map with 2D trees and I barely reach 7 FPS... Same situation is in menu. It hasn't been that way, after SP5 it started to occur. Same problem is with TRS22.

My PC has two graphics, the dedicated GeForce and integrated Intel (of course I tried turn off Intel - no help). I looked on other threads in the forum but I haven't found any solution.

Profile in menu:
https://ibb.co/xSQxr92

If you look at your Timeline, which shows what Trainz app your using, Yours shows blank.....

You'll get a response once you register the version you have.
===========================================================
Maybe you have to add your serial number here on the site
go to Tab [My Trainz], Trainz, Serial Number
here you can enter your serial number then it shows on your timeline
it may take a while to process

Here is quick Pic to show what you need to fix first......

Reason being, in order to get some help, your Timeline needs to show your a Valid Trainz User.;)

You'll get a response once you register the version you have.

Response from You, mr. supervisor? As far as I know, it is not an obligation to have any game registered here to ask and get answer from other forum members. So now I would like to see proper and qualified answer to solve that problem from You as an moral expert.

Try the dumb stuff first. Middleton for laptops should give you 30 fps. If it does then perhaps you have a sketchup asset in the layout. If it doesn't then something else is wrong.

Cheerio John

As far as I know, it is not an obligation to have any game registered here to ask and get answer from other forum members.expert.

No it isn't and I do, on occasion, give an answer to unregistered posters but there is always the thought that the post may be part of a scam or even an automated bot, who could tell.

I accept that you posted using your "empty account" by accident - why anyone would need an "empty account" I do not understand, but that is my view.

One frustration that I have with some of these anonymous posts, and with some posts with full timelines as well, is that the poster gives no clue as to which version of Trainz they are using that is causing the problem. This was the case with your initial post.

But back to the issue.

I strongly suspect that the problem is probably not with Trainz - assuming that you are using your last registered version TRS19 Platinum. I have a similar setup (but with less onboard RAM) on two computers running Trainz Plus and have no issues with FPS even on heavily detailed sections. I know of no settings in Trainz that would cause this problem but check the General Tab settings in your Trainz Settings from the Launcher. It may be worth changing some of these to see if it makes any difference, particularly the sync setting.

I don't know enough about the windows DirectX setting but are you using the latest version - mine is at DirectX 11?

Response from You, mr. supervisor? As far as I know, it is not an obligation to have any game registered here to ask and get answer from other forum members. So now I would like to see proper and qualified answer to solve that problem from You as an moral expert.

That was not my intention,

I apologize if I caused some consternation..........I am no expert......:(

Because in a long time ago I didn't like and I guess still don't like this username with number. I can't change it. But I screwed up the buying process when I bought newest Trainz in this account and not in the new one... Maybe it's not understandable for you but it is for me.

Playing with settings like with toys got me nowhere. Yes, I have the last DirectX.

No it isn't and I do, on occasion, give an answer to unregistered posters but there is always the thought that the post may be part of a scam or even an automated bot, who could tell.

I accept that you posted using your "empty account" by accident - why anyone would need an "empty account" I do not understand, but that is my view.

One frustration that I have with some of these anonymous posts, and with some posts with full timelines as well, is that the poster gives no clue as to which version of Trainz they are using that is causing the problem. This was the case with your initial post.

But back to the issue.

I strongly suspect that the problem is probably not with Trainz - assuming that you are using your last registered version TRS19 Platinum. I have a similar setup (but with less onboard RAM) on two computers running Trainz Plus and have no issues with FPS even on heavily detailed sections. I know of no settings in Trainz that would cause this problem but check the General Tab settings in your Trainz Settings from the Launcher. It may be worth changing some of these to see if it makes any difference, particularly the sync setting.

I don't know enough about the windows DirectX setting but are you using the latest version - mine is at DirectX 11?

Hello everyone,

I'm really frustrated with this problem. I have:

GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB
Intel Core i7-12700K
32 GB RAM

and my Trainz is running on High settings. My last computer was set to medium which wasn't issue even on bigger maps with 3D vegetations.

I load one-panel map with 2D trees and I barely reach 7 FPS... Same situation is in menu. It hasn't been that way, after SP5 it started to occur. Same problem is with TRS22.

My PC has two graphics, the dedicated GeForce and integrated Intel (of course I tried turn off Intel - no help). I looked on other threads in the forum but I haven't found any solution.

Profile in menu:
https://ibb.co/xSQxr92

Pretty sure you need to go to the Nvidia Control Panel and tell it to run the RTX3080 with Trainz.

Pretty sure you need to go to the Nvidia Control Panel and tell it to run the RTX3080 with Trainz.

Hmmmm. I do not recall ever having to do that with either of my RTX based systems. I left everything at the default settings. My laptop has dual Intel and RTX cards. It may have been pre-configured at the factory to use the RTX as I did not have to change anything.

I just checked the Nvidia Control Panel and there was nothing there (that I could see) that would select specific gaming applications.

But I am, as always, prepared to learn something new.

Last edited:
OK, I think I have found it. It does not show up on my desktop because it does not have dual video cards - DUH!

It does show up on my laptop which has both an Intel GPU card and an Nvidia RTX card.

Type Nvidia into the Win 10 or Win 11 search box then select and start the NVidia Control Panel

Then as follows.

NVidia.png

I've been wondering if you have some assets on there that are FPS busters, but if only 2D trees, I don't know what it would be. Have you tried any of the built-in or DLS routes?

Alternative thinking, It's not Windows Defender or AV or Windows Search all of which I would exclude from anything Trainz Related or Trainz is rebuilding the Database or was and hadn't finished and is still rebuilding in the back ground. have a look at Resource Monitor and see what else is accessing your Trainz Drive or Drives.

An RTX3080 should not be performing at 7fps in fact the onboard Intel should do better than that on an i7-12700K

Beginning to think this is not a laptop?

Have you plugged the monitor into the 3080 and not the intel socket?

To me, that resembles what happens when the RTX feature is turned on in the NVidia Control Panel for software like Trainz that don't support NVidia's algorithm for ray tracing. Try turning RTX off or DLSS on. I don't have a RTX enabled card but you should be able to change the settings for each program you run. At least that is how it used to work in their control panel.

I did everything what others adviced to me. But one thing solved it out. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner. I had to go to BIOS and there I had to make RTX primary graphic instead of "smart choice" or something like that. Still I'm wondering why others game are so smart that they know what they choose than our beloved Trainz... Even before SP5 of TRS19, Trainz was smarter.

Case closed, SOLVED

Back