Advertising/Spam - looks like they are now targeting the Blogs feature

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Hi Trainzers,

I feel that this is important to all users who use the Blogs feature (which includes me, but I'm keeping an eye out anyway).

As some of you will know, advertising/spam messages seem to crop up every so often on the forums, and normally seem to go away after a while.

I've now discovered that a new type of spammer is now adding their spam messages as comments to blog posts. I've had to report one this morning.

So far, I've only seen one blog that is affected by this, but it could affect other blogs as well.

Please be on your guard for comments that are spam, and if it's your blog, don't forget that you can remove comments yourself, without N3V needing to step in.

If you see one of these comments, please let the creator of the blog know so they can remove the comments.

I have a feeling that sooner or later, a CAPTCHA system may need to be introduced to try and prevent this type of thing happening, possibly at the user registration stage, as most of the spammers normally create accounts just to spam the forums/blogs.

Shane

Back