I have reported the spam. Do not click on the messages or respond to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clever way of dealing with this issue. Hopefully other users will see this message before they see the spam posts.

image-product_spam-classic-12oz-420x420.png

The social sewer (internet), breeds these lonely embittered people. With absolutely no consequence they can do and say whatever they care to. Like any other vermin they need food and that comes from the responses of their victims. Elected officials refuse to deal with this. Free Speech is the double-edged sword that politicians will not touch.

The social sewer (internet), breeds these lonely embittered people. With absolutely no consequence they can do and say whatever they care to. Like any other vermin they need food and that comes from the responses of their victims. Elected officials refuse to deal with this. Free Speech is the double-edged sword that politicians will not touch.
That's true but not necessarily what this situation is. This has nothing to do with free speech or anything like that. This is all about money and theft or personal information, every drop of every cent, shekel, dollar, pound, Euro, etc., that can be Hoovered up in one fell swoop.

Today, we no longer have only individuals going through the trouble of uploading and hacking, there are "armies" of scripts called bots. A single individual can pollute many websites and forums at once by simply sniffing a specific IP address range in search of servers and forums to corrupt. This is why we should never put our open email addresses in the forums.

Individuals will also set up phishing schemes to steal personal information by tricking users into clicking on what looks like a legitimate link when in reality, the code underneath points elsewhere. This is why it's best to hover over an address before clicking when one is sent.

These harvested email addresses are then used to send out more bots to others and to gain access to websites. The fiasco with 23andme, for example, was caused by people using the same login credentials for multiple websites. Someone or a bunch of people got hacked and that hacker was then able to gain access to 23andme as well as multiple other sites as well. To make matters worse, 23andme allowed people to share information between each other causing more damage. The best practice is to have different logins for different services and websites and definitely do not use the same one used to login to your computer as you do for your email and bank! Apparently, these people did the usual and didn't use the best practice.

Yes, for those that missed Zec's request, everyone can report the SPAM, as he will just get one summary report, but no one should post that they reported the SPAM, as that lets the spammer know the post is active.
Yeah, that wasn't Zec. That was me. But the idea stays the same:
  • Just report spam.
  • Do not reply to spam, as that will motive whatever bot is behind it to spam more --> Sign of life? Post more spam!

Anyway,
Think this topic has had its use.

I will consider writing a piece of text as I wrote earlier and as John repeated here and sticky it somewhere. Not that I have the illusion everyone reads those, but one can try.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back