Adding new properties to a bulkhead car

Hi
I added a CP Bulkhead car and want to add lumber as a commodity to pickup however the car doesn't show any commodities listed under 'edit properties'. My question is: How can I add a commodity to this car? I have added a track that allows for lumber to be picked up and I can add commodities to cars that already have a commodity listed.
Thanks

If no commodities are listed under its properties then it is highly likely that the particular car was built without the ability to carry commodities. If this is the case then you would need to edit its config.txt file to add the commodities, such as lumber, BUT without suitable attachment points built into the assets mesh file then those items will NOT appear when loaded.

If no commodities are listed under its properties then it is highly likely that the particular car was built without the ability to carry commodities. If this is the case then you would need to edit its config.txt file to add the commodities, such as lumber, BUT without suitable attachment points built into the assets mesh file then those items will NOT appear when loaded.
I got a Beer Commodity to load in the CRYX 72ft Mechanical Reefer from the Cold Creek Logistics Map by JR without even messing with the config file and the Commodity actually shows up like it should as well.

I got a Beer Commodity to load in the CRYX 72ft Mechanical Reefer from the Cold Creek Logistics Map by JR without even messing with the config file and the Commodity actually shows up like it should as well.
Yes, that will happen if a rolling stock asset has been built as "industry enabled". You simply click the "+" icon at the end of the commodities list shown in the items properties and select a new commodity to add to the list (but not all commodities will be listed).

But the original post stated that the "car doesn't show any commodities listed under 'edit properties'". This led me to suspect that the particular car is not "Industry enabled" and would require an edit to its config.txt file to add in the lumber commodity and the use of PEVs Attachment maker program, as mentioned by John, to add attachment point(s) to make the lumber commodity visible - although that is not actually necessary for it to work, without the attachment point(s) it just won't show anything being carried in the vehicle.

Yes, that will happen if a rolling stock asset has been built as "industry enabled". You simply click the "+" icon at the end of the commodities list shown in the items properties and select a new commodity to add to the list (but not all commodities will be listed).

But the original post stated that the "car doesn't show any commodities listed under 'edit properties'". This led me to suspect that the particular car is not "Industry enabled" and would require an edit to its config.txt file to add in the lumber commodity and the use of PEVs Attachment maker program, as mentioned by John, to add attachment point(s) to make the lumber commodity visible - although that is not actually necessary for it to work, without the attachment point(s) it just won't show anything being carried in the vehicle.
i can agree with this some of the cars that should be industry active are not.. If someone makes a car that states its industry active and you go in and find out its not, thus making it a pain for those that don't know how to make it industry active then the original content creator should be liable for the item not being industry active if you know what I mean by that. The PEV attachment program can be confusing at times I would rather put it to the task of having someone that knows how to use the program add the points or commodities to the rollingstock if it can be done but if it can't then just run the rollingstock.. Am I right about that?

i can agree with this some of the cars that should be industry active are not.. If someone makes a car that states its industry active and you go in and find out its not, thus making it a pain for those that don't know how to make it industry active then the original content creator should be liable for the item not being industry active if you know what I mean by that. The PEV attachment program can be confusing at times I would rather put it to the task of having someone that knows how to use the program add the points or commodities to the rollingstock if it can be done but if it can't then just run the rollingstock.. Am I right about that?

You get stuff for free then demand the content creator modifies it to suit your particular requirements? As a content creator that doesn't go down well with me.

Cheerio John

You get stuff for free then demand the content creator modifies it to suit your particular requirements? As a content creator that doesn't go down well with me.

Cheerio John
no i was saying that the one that made the car should of stated that it was not made for industry active in the first place but you found out that the car had the queues for commodities to be loaded in it but Nothing shows up in Queues on the rollingstock. I have seen this multiple times and its a pain to figure out what works and what doesn't with the car. I have spent several thousand hours figuring that out its not fun when you work 2 jobs and have only an hours time to work on something that should of already been done in the first place. I am also a content creator as well so to see this is a stab in the back...

Cheerio John
If someone makes a car that states its industry active and you go in and find out its not, thus making it a pain for those that don't know how to make it industry active then the original content creator should be liable for the item not being industry active if you know what I mean by that. The PEV attachment program can be confusing at times I would rather put it to the task of having someone that knows how to use the program add the points or commodities to the rollingstock if it can be done but if it can't then just run the rollingstock.. Am I right about that?
Sorry, clicked the Like instead of the Reply. If an asset is labelled as "Industry Active" and it is not then a "polite" message to the creator asking if an error had been made would be in order. Otherwise, I agree with John, if it free then I would take it as it is. If it does not meet my requirements then I move on and choose another asset.

... the car had the queues for commodities to be loaded in it but Nothing shows up in Queues on the rollingstock.
Could you give us the kuids of a few examples so we can attempt to see exactly what you mean and *possibly* work out what is happening?

Sorry, clicked the Like instead of the Reply. If an asset is labelled as "Industry Active" and it is not then a "polite" message to the creator asking if an error had been made would be in order. Otherwise, I agree with John, if it free then I would take it as it is. If it does not meet my requirements then I move on and choose another asset.
that is what i do in the mean time with rollingstock that isn't fit for what i need

Back