A weird X-Mass Time, but ...

casey38

Belgium Routes
With all the infos provided by Auran these recent days, X-Mass time could sound kinda weird.

I remember what Christmas meant all over the past years, it was just a very nice and magic period in these forums, as the so called "X-Mass Spirit" was present.

I just wish a couple of things.

I'd like to see Auran going very, very well in the coming months with some projects about TRS future.

Before that, i'd like to see our community being just well in those special days.

And, to end up, my personnal wish goes to everyone, here it is : check out what TRS really means to you !
It is a fantastic piece of software that allow you to what a big majority of people here (including me) couldn't afford in real life.

As time goes by, i realise TRS is not just a game, but as a German user notice it in his signature, it is a hobby.

As for me, it is the very first time that i hear that a PC game becomes a hobby, and that is true : a game ends up quite soon, it ain't the case with TRS.

For all those reasons (and for thousands more) i would like to thank Auran and assure them that i shall do what i can to support them.

So, i'm sure, everybody will do the same.

Merry Christmas time to everyone all over the world !

André.

*** Greetings from Belgium ***

Well said Andre'...I've always considered this piece of software to be a hobby, not a game.
Ed

I agree with you both. I find it irritating when people refer to it as a game.

Ed, right from the time I started with the community edition back in November 2001, I was convinced that it was a hobby, although, I must admit, that to me it always has been a virtual model railroad hobby as it was when it started out.

Games don't last 6 years, Trainz as a hobby has done that for me.

Cheers

Peter

Trainz

Dear André,

I have said (every now and then) that this program is the best thing since sliced bread. There have been hiccups along the way but unlike many, many other 'games', the developers have tried desperately to sort problems out. They haven't always done it but have done their best and in the main the programs work extremely well.
We also have a company orientated forum and there aren't many of those around.
As an 04 user I have spent many hours working it (years actually, because I started the Trainz experience with the original Trainz) and have come up against most of the faults. But now 04 works very well and although I rarely run a route for 'fun', I do try to check that they work and obey the signals wherever possible.

And yes, Trainz isn't a program for me, it's a way of life and without it I would be in a terrible pickle right now because it gives me something to occupy my mind with now that I am alone and grieving.

We all should pause and think for a while, stop moaning and look at what this amazing program has done for and what it gives us. In my case many hours of pleasure (and some frustrating moments too!) creating the routes that now grace the Download Station.

Thank you Auran for this tidy little package. It is such a shame that recent events have happened and have been tinged with such sadness at a time when it should be joy.

My thoughts and best wishes go to those who have found themselves jobless, but I am also sure that each will find a niche with another company very soon due to their individual expertise being of such a high quality and value.

I do hope that Auran can survive this calamitous event and go on and pick up the pieces.

Best wishes to all,

Angela

Back