4-21-23- New Payware Release- NS AC44C6M's, ES44AC and SD70ACe's plus more GP40's!

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Payware
- NS SD70ACe's, #1100-1174, All new model with custom cab!
- NS ES44AC's, #8091-8168, All new model with custom cab!
- NS AC44C6M's #4000 and #4001 "Sonic Bonnets"
- B&O & C&O Phase 2c GP40
- Chessie System Phase 2c Ex-B&O #4000-4064 GP40, 4 different skin variants!

c6mym1-scaled.jpg
NS_37_64224d8c7ae15-scaled.jpg
image.png
BO_GP40.png
CO_GP40.png
SKIN_3.png
SKIN_2.png
SKIN_1.png
SKIN_1-1.png

Man o man, I gotta start buying lottery tickets again. Maybe I can afford one of those lifetime memberships! :)

Very nice release! I’m excited as to what else these new models will be used for in the future, will have the wallet on standby for any UP/BNSF versions of the ACe and GEVO!

Quesiton, when the modern stuff is released with old stuff, does the old stuff tend to not sell super well as everyone is focused on the modern stuff? I noticed this with the CGW SD40 and other such products released alongside modern stuff don’t tend to sell super well judging by the lack of reviews and screenshots.

Quesiton, when the modern stuff is released with old stuff, does the old stuff tend to not sell super well as everyone is focused on the modern stuff?
Modern stuff in general tends to significantly outperform older era counterparts, regardless of release scheduling. There is simply a higher demand from the community for anything actively running compared to stuff pre-2000.

Modern stuff in general tends to significantly outperform older era counterparts, regardless of release scheduling. There is simply a higher demand from the community for anything actively running compared to stuff pre-2000.

The interesting thing is that in some places modern stuff and pre-2000 equipment tend to overlap, more often for second-generation EMD units, Dash 8s and Dash 9s. In a way it's possible for a piece of pre-2000 equipment to still be relevant, even if they were rebuilt, repainted or now run for a leaser or shortlines.

I'm of the folks that prefer 1950-2000 equipment. Older equipment like EMD SD40-2s that many of which are still running today on shortlines or rebuilt for extended service on Class 1s can be a good hook for older eras of railroading. I'm talking about content like the new Chessie GP40 packs released alongside the NS GEVOs and ACEs from the 2000s.

Then though I still have much respect for the care put into the remakes of the ACEs and GEVOs.

1950-2000 bridges the gap between classic steam and transition era railroading and 21st century railroading. It brings elements of both eras - the fallen flags that built the US and some well-known Class 1s like NS and CSX that formed in the 80s together with designs of diesel locomotives and rolling stock more familiar to us in the modern day. Routes built for modern CSX, NS, BNSF, UP, other class Is can also be used to run their predecessor lines depending on the real location or region of the country the layout in question is based on. For example, the NS Horseshoe Curve route Scratchy built can be used for 80s-90s Conrail. This can also be applied to shortlines that were formerly part of a Class 1 or Fallen Flag.

Still it isn't rigid and it's up to the user to use their imagination on how they run their trains. This is my opinion of course and those of others will be different. We can only see what other locomotives will come out next.

For the B&O/C&O GP40, the website shows the "skin changer" icon for the item, but I couldn't figure out if that means it has skins for the B&O and C&O or each livery each has weathered skins similar to the Chessie GP40.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I figured it was the most appropriate place rather than starting a new thread.

For the B&O/C&O GP40, the website shows the "skin changer" icon for the item, but I couldn't figure out if that means it has skins for the B&O and C&O or each livery each has weathered skins similar to the Chessie GP40.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I figured it was the most appropriate place rather than starting a new thread.

They should be as the images show, so it would be that the skins change from C&O to B&O as required by the running number.

Back