30in Group

Setting Some Standards

I noticed that other creators besides me and bdaneal have couplers that are too high, and too low.

I would like to say that the standard for 30in coupler height, measured to the center of the coupler, is .512 meters off the rail, or z axis in gmax or other cad program.

This is for knuckle couplers only. :hehe:

I noticed that other creators besides me and bdaneal have couplers that are too high, and too low.

I would like to say that the standard for 30in coupler height, measured to the center of the coupler, is .512 meters off the rail, or z axis in gmax or other cad program.

This is for knuckle couplers only. :hehe:

Yeah, I'm real nit-picky about that stuff. That's why I don't use the Whitcomb yet. I was wondering if it would ever be updated to your coupler standards used by your other locos, but it seems you have a lot of current projects. That and no one is driving it! Same with the Forney, which I love.

And as far as the so far limited amount of creators in your group, I only qualify as a reskinner, and I need to get better at that. I will however offer to help in any way I can simply because I enjoy it.

Within the hour, this site will no longer be available....

Because i upgraded to premium!
The new web address will be www.30ng.com

Ill post a post (haha) when this is ready.

Back