50s era screenies

Gary_Evans, Gfisher and Isegrinns very nice Pictures. I like it :)

Here another Shot from me.

1280_3433633434616565.jpg

Kind Regards

Epo:)

For some reason I really like that first pic of yours George. What's up with the 2-tone blue pickup truck? Looks like he's been struck by the Yellow Compass of God as he's about to crash through the shop window!

A squatter and his protector camped out beside an abandoned elevator on the CB&Q
Gary_Evans_20140421_0002.jpg

The old guy must have commandeered a transistor radio because as I walked around taking photos I heard the strains of Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Red Foley and a young Johnny Cash
Gary_Evans_20140421_0000.jpg

Isegrinns is that a new route from you, or JR coal route. Fantastic shot:D

The route is Whiteshore, a route that I made for a route building competition several years ago. It is a New England coastal branch line. Andre has worked very hard to improve it and make it work with CMTM. We actually plan on releasing it in the not to distant future.

End of the line. Modeled on the DL&W Peapack-Gladstone terminus in New Jersey, although this little route is fictitious. This is now NJT and the catenary is all new and different.

P023.jpg

P025.jpg

Last edited:
Back in those days we parked at one of our favorite spots and listened to Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney, Bill Haley, the Platters, Teresa Brewer, Elvis and on and on ad nostalgaium
Gary_Evans_20140421_0011.jpg

FYI: That's me and my high school sweetheart and future wife of 54 years parked in the '53 Chevy fitted with a Corvette header and twin Smitty mufflers
Gary_Evans_20140422_0012.jpg

That's me and my high school sweetheart and future wife of 54 years parked in the '53 Chevy fitted with a Corvette header and twin Smitty mufflers

Indeed! Back when the shifter was on the column, the headlight dimmer switch was on the floor operated with your foot, wheelwell fender skirts and curb-feelers, and the transmission/drive shaft created a big hump running the length of your interior (being the youngest kid, I always had to sit on the hump, so I can't forget it,LOL)

Back