Any good 20s-30s USA Regions?

I’m been wanting to make a route set in the 20s and 30s in a generic American city, but there are no good regions for a 20s or a 30s era route that I could find. Besides an old region by Maxwerks made for TRS2004, but since his 50s region didn’t work in TS12, I doubt his 20s region will work either. Any suggestions?

If you're wanting to make a 20's to 30's era route in the US somewhere, do you need find one already made by somebody else ? I don't remember seeing one, passenger or freight from that era.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Pencil42 has created a 1920’s region to go with his Virginia & Truckee beta route, which is on his Carson Car Shops forums. You’ll need membership to access them I do believe…

Dan Gollery should also have a 1930’s region with his Washoe Valley route on Trainz-Forge, but there’s some custom vehicles for the WVRR on it which may not be ideal for your needs.

I don’t necessarily need to find one made by someone else, but considering I barely know how to use CCP to edit things, I don’t think I’d be up to the challenge of making one, if that’s what you’re implying.

As for V&T, could it find it beyond mentioning it’s creation and the progress I’m pretty sure I need an account or membership like you said to access a beta version.

For Washoe Valley, I think I might download it and see if I can get the region to work in TS12. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
I do have a 1920's region I'm using on my route, but it's full of half-finished vehicles so it might not be very useful. One of these years I hope to complete it....

I'm sorry it's not in a better state...
Curtis

It’s quite alright, Mr. 42. The 20’s and 30’s is generally a unique time to model in Trainz and takes a LOT of effort to make it “feel” like the 20s. I’m thinking about trying my hand at making some of the 20s esque cars included in the 2009 version of Northbay County into vehicles and making them apart of a 20s-30s region.

As for the Steampunk, it looks a little too foreign for an American route. It looks similar to late Victorian Era-WW1 Era rather than the States in the Depression. Red Mountain is for TRS19, so it is out of my reach. I have yet to try the WVRR 30s region, but I’m not sure if I’m willing to fix the assets and backdate them to TS12, considering that TRS19 assets are generally hard to work with for backdating (I’ve tried, believe me).

Last edited:
Back