50s era screenies

"The inline six is the best engine ever produced by Chevy"
Gary_Evans_20140426_0000.jpg

"Can't you see guys, the VW is an economical car." "Yeh, but gas is less than thirty cents a gallon."
Gary_Evans_20140425_0002.jpg

Can't believe we're at page 6 and still nothing from outside the US...until now:
fcae9a5d29fddede3f941673e359534e.jpg

September, 1956 and ex-GWR 7800 "Manor" Class 4-6-0 is seen somewhere in Shropshire, thundering towards it's ultimate destination of Pwllheli on the North Wales coast.
68d6310a2415d897f3d6754f27accab0.jpg

An NBL Type 2, later known as a Class 29, is seen crossing a river somewhere in the heartland of Scotland.
(Yes, I know, there's nowhere in Shropshire that looks like the top photo, I'll have to base one of my routes on a real place at some point!)

Last edited:
I got Steve from K&L to do it up for me. There are 2 of them, N4a and N4b. I'd like to see them made public. There should be more photos of the 2-8-0s in the Canadian Thread screenshots.

Cheers....Rick

Hi nicky; That one is a 2-8-2. Not too shabby for an old timer.

Again, cheers....Rick

Last edited:
Hey Chris; I don't think Steve has any plans for releasing it. A few fellas have been interested in it (them). I think the K&L boys could make a few bucks off the 2-8-0s. So far all they have made from the model(s) is what I paid. Like I said, I'd love to see everyone get their hands on it....one way or the other.

Cheers........Rick

Mornin' Chris and other fans of the CNR 2-8-0. I just "talked" with Steve and he says the loco(s) will be offered on his site. These things take time but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. Hee, hee, I think Steve thought I wanted it all to myself! I'm not like that. I'm happy that all who have asked about it will be able to get it. I'm sure whatever it costs, you will be happy to get your hands on it. I've never been disappointed by the fine work done by K&L (or JR). I don't mind paying a couple of bucks for first class work. As far as I'm concerned, it's a steal!

Cheers....Rick

I would also second that statement of KenRuof. While I don't have all of K&L engines, I'm very happy with there work and quality. And very much looking forward to more from them. As being a PRR and Steam nut.:D

Well, the K&L boys' work speaks for it's self! All the screenshots of my beautiful work (just kidding) ends up with questions about the 2-8-0. The above 2 fellas will know just how happy I was that another member of the "PRR and Steam nut" club was willing to do the CNR 2-8-0. I think I owe Steve a lot. That is why I wanted K&L to make more than what I paid for the work. For the hours of work that go into making such a great loco, I think I got off pretty easy. I better not send in anymore of my stunning screenshots...that dang loco always steals the spotlight and instead of looking at great 50's shots we end up talking about the loco! I can't blame ya...she's a beauty!

Cheers....Rick

Last edited:
Back