What is "Trainz Driver 2016" all about!?!?

Zeldaboy14

Owner of ZPW.
So, over the past day, something called Trainz Driver 2016 came out. Is this the Trainz NEXT that's been talked about so much!?!?

No. It's just the standard edition TANE without surveyor or CM or the ability to create sessions.

SM

No it isn't, if you read the info, it's a Driver only version of TANE. No surveyor or Content Manager.

well, that sounds more like a demo of T:ANE.

Not really.

Back in the days of TRS2006, there was Trainz Driver; not to be confused with the Android game of the same name. Trainz Driver was a collection of routes including a version of the Marias Pass and some others that had a bunch of sessions to drive. There was no Surveyor or Content Manager with this product. The product was quite popular and sold quite well.

This is now a newer version of the same idea which will allow the same, however, routes in this case will be sold separately which wasn't the case before, and any new routes will be installable in the full version of T:ANE.

With the older product, it was quite possible to import the routes into TRS2006, but it wasn't direct and required some fiddling with JA files and stuff.

John

For those that just want to drive and not create or modify a route, the perfect product fit. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

I might consider it for my Ultrabook laptop. It runs T:ANE at present with all performance sliders set at or near the minimum settings. When I am travelling I will probably only be interested in running Driver and not Surveyor or CM.

Well, I guess maybe the way I said something during the kickstarter round of T:ANE might have something to do with this. Basically, if anyone remembers, I DID bring up the point of having a demo version like the old 06 demo's.

Back