Result database repair: 86 errors, 4215 warnings!

Astronom

Hi folks,
One construction site not yet finished, and I'm already on to the next one.
I installed TRS22 Platinum over the Christmas period. After I had also installed all the objects available to me, I carried out a database repair. I have never received a result after such a repair. That's why I almost fell off my chair when I got a result here. 86 errors and 4215 warnings - that can't be right. As already mentioned, I have never received a result for any of my TRS versions.
What can be done to correct this? I had already sat down and manually updated all outdated objects, but that was obviously not the problem.
However, there have been no problems with the operation of TRS22 so far.

M F G

Hi folks,
One construction site not yet finished, and I'm already on to the next one.
I installed TRS22 Platinum over the Christmas period. After I had also installed all the objects available to me, I carried out a database repair. I have never received a result after such a repair. That's why I almost fell off my chair when I got a result here. 86 errors and 4215 warnings - that can't be right. As already mentioned, I have never received a result for any of my TRS versions.
What can be done to correct this? I had already sat down and manually updated all outdated objects, but that was obviously not the problem.
However, there have been no problems with the operation of TRS22 so far.

M F G
Hi Astronom talking about numbers i have just made a database rebuild and it shows 69 errors and 661 warnings, but i have data from Trainz 12 installed and i still have many items to download from CM, mainly missing assets. This has to do clearly with what data you download, you can try to open the content manager and check the faulty list, where all the red assets appear. Maybe you need to delete some if there is no way to be fixed.

Hello SirGreg,
I have installed TRS22 Pl. and then installed all my purchased objects via the Content Manager. No errors are displayed at this point.
M F G

Faulties are not uncommon after a DBR. Often you just have to double-click the item in CM or select open-preview asset. Either one forces it to look at the asset and see it is not faulty, and the faulty goes away. I have no explanation why this is so, as you would think it would look at them during the DBR. But then how does it see something as faulty that isn't? It is a mystery to me, but welcome to Trainz! Warnings are another issue. These can normally be disregarded because older versions did something differently than the newer versions, but the old ways pass as warnings and things still work fine,

That's not unusual.

You can ignore the warnings. The warnings are for the original content creator to reference and do not impact us as users, at least not at the moment.

The errors will be categorized as follows:

1) Mostly references to precached data on the DLC server. If you have a lot of DLC, then this will give you a lot of errors.

This is a known issue that can be ignored.

2) False errors as a result of the database repair.

The data is checked and referenced and sometimes "touching" the data can cause false errors to appear. The way to remove these is to highlight the faulty assets and choose view errors and warnings to refresh the database.

Once you've done this, exit the screen by changing to another view such as installed and going back to faulty assets.

3) Truly faulty assets.
These will have to be addressed either by deleting or repairing the assets.

Recently there has been a major update to the program that has caused scripts to cause errors. Some of the more important scripts, such as those for some steam locomotives and wagons, has caused errors that can't be repaired at the present time. The Content Repair Group, has been looking into this without an ETA at the present time.

To fix your faulty content:

1) Ensure your content is up-to-date. Some content errors will occur unless the content has been updated.
2) Some simple repairs can be performed by editing the config.txt file, as is the case with typographical errors, or references to non-existent content, animations, etc.
3) For corrupted content, delete and download or reinstall from backups (cdp files).
4) As mentioned above, view errors and warnings.

Be aware that when you view faulty assets in Content Manager, not the errors report after the DBR, that Content Manager will include missing dependencies and faulty dependencies in the same view. This is confusing. Edit the filter and remove missing dependencies and faulty dependencies to only display faulty assets. I did that and have a filter saved as Faulty-only. This makes repairing and solving content issues a lot easier.

Hello SirGreg,
I have installed TRS22 Pl. and then installed all my purchased objects via the Content Manager. No errors are displayed at this point.
M F G
All the above mentioned are correct mainly the errors are the trouble, warnings dont matter so much, you buy a payware locomotive and instantly you might have warnings but this will never cause a real problem in game. One thing i want also to mention im not sure if it is foretold from JCitron and Forester is that when something is faulty with right click on the asset you can open a separate window when you choose list dependencies, there you might download more assets that the main asset is missing. Sometimes is possible to fix the problem sometimes not.

All the above mentioned are correct mainly the errors are the trouble, warnings dont matter so much, you buy a payware locomotive and instantly you might have warnings but this will never cause a real problem in game. One thing i want also to mention im not sure if it is foretold from JCitron and Forester is that when something is faulty with right click on the asset you can open a separate window when you choose list dependencies, there you might download more assets that the main asset is missing. Sometimes is possible to fix the problem sometimes not.
Yes, I forgot to mention the "hidden" faults. These are the result of a faulty dependency of a dependency. They can be elusive but can be found. This is where faulty dependencies filter comes in use and is helpful for this.

2) False errors as a result of the database repair.

The data is checked and referenced and sometimes "touching" the data can cause false errors to appear. The way to remove these is to highlight the faulty assets and choose view errors and warnings to refresh the database.

Hahaha! I like that: The trouble with this is that it is supposed to fix those errors, not cause them. Does N3V know about this bug?

Hahaha! I like that: The trouble with this is that it is supposed to fix those errors, not cause them. Does N3V know about this bug?
It's been a long-time issue going back to TS2009. I don't think this 'bug' will ever be vanquished. Viewing errors and warnings refreshes the database and clears up the pseudo-faults leaving anything that's truly faulty behind. I've gotten into the habit of checking after any DBR.

Hi folks,
I can't confirm that something like this has been around since TS 2009!
This was the first time I ever received a result under TRS22, and then such a drastic one.
I never received a result with any previous version. The DBR ran through and the window closed, done!
For your information, I have attached the reply from Support.

Answer from support:
The warnings shown in your screenshot indicate that the asset being validated has a newer version installed, and as such does not need to be validated. Instead the newer version of the asset will be available for you to use instead.

Most errors or warnings in the database repair window are intended for troubleshooting if you are seeing issues with particular assets; if you are not otherwise seeing an issue then these errors/warnings can normally be safely ignored. The same applies for database repairs, unless you are specifically seeing database issues then performing a database repair is generally not necessary.

M F G
Like Reply

Hi folks,
I can't confirm that something like this has been around since TS 2009!
This was the first time I ever received a result under TRS22, and then such a drastic one.
I never received a result with any previous version. The DBR ran through and the window closed, done!
For your information, I have attached the reply from Support.

Answer from support:
The warnings shown in your screenshot indicate that the asset being validated has a newer version installed, and as such does not need to be validated. Instead the newer version of the asset will be available for you to use instead.

Most errors or warnings in the database repair window are intended for troubleshooting if you are seeing issues with particular assets; if you are not otherwise seeing an issue then these errors/warnings can normally be safely ignored. The same applies for database repairs, unless you are specifically seeing database issues then performing a database repair is generally not necessary.

M F G
Like Reply
This is true for the log, but when you check for faulty assets after the database repair in Content Manager, you may see faulty assets. It's these you need to select and view errors and warnings for. If you don't clear these faulty assets up, you'll have missing assets in your routes and sessions.

Once you view errors and warnings, and the progress bar reads 0 errors and n warnings, you need to exit faulty assets and return in order to refresh the screen.

You`re welcome! While I don`t actually believe that doing so actually helps any, I wish you (continued) good luck.

Weird. I thought I had already posted this, but now, when I return to read the latest post, I find this in the editor instead of the thread. This time I`m going to actually submit the reply.

To be honest, I can't quite believe it myself.
I always had lots of errors and warnings in the previous versions.
But I've checked it again and again, and the result doesn't change.
The only negative thing I see are almost 1200 obsolete objects.

M F G

Most of those can be deleted safely, but it is a good idea to make sure that you actually have the replacement first. I can provide a procedure to verify this, if needed.

I have not deleted any objects. I have only replaced the database with one from an older system backup.
Nevertheless, I am happy to take you up on your offer.

M F G

Ok.

1) Open a Content Manager window and select a Filter that lists all assets that are both Installed and Obsolete.
2) Select all assets in that window.
3) Right-click on any asset and select Show Asset Versions. This will open a new Content Manager window that shows those assets by kuid.
4) Sort the new window by Status and look for the section listing assets that are Available for download with no other annotations.
5) If there are any, download them.

Do note that this will not download newer versions that are also tagged Payware (you have to get them some other way, if there are any), and that you do not want to download anything that is already Out of Date or Obsolete. If there are any assets that list Available for download with any other annotation, let me know, and I`ll figure out what to do about them.

Back