Result database repair: 86 errors, 4215 warnings!

Hahaha, I see we`ve been bouncing back and forth between the same two threads answering each other`s posts.

You are very welcome. I hope that my suggestions prove helpful. (y)

Ok.

1) Open a Content Manager window and select a Filter that lists all assets that are both Installed and Obsolete.
2) Select all assets in that window.
3) Right-click on any asset and select Show Asset Versions. This will open a new Content Manager window that shows those assets by kuid.
4) Sort the new window by Status and look for the section listing assets that are Available for download with no other annotations.
5) If there are any, download them.

Do note that this will not download newer versions that are also tagged Payware (you have to get them some other way, if there are any), and that you do not want to download anything that is already Out of Date or Obsolete. If there are any assets that list Available for download with any other annotation, let me know, and I`ll figure out what to do about them.
I can follow you until item #4 how do i sort the new window by "STATUS"?

cannot find a tab that says available for download" have to manually search
b ut i added a couple more lines of and not to get there
so my list is....

Asset kuid
on download station
and not
obsolete
and not
built in
and not
packaged

all i was left with were either
installed from DLS
available for download

Last edited:
I can follow you until item #4 how do i sort the new window by "STATUS"?
#4 means

When you right click on to show asset versions, click Status 'if there's a huge list of obsolete and available for download' in the list. Clicking on Status arranges the list ;)
If you see Available for download, click on that to download the updated asset.

Sorry, but i am still not getting what you mean by status.
I can see that each item has a status tag,but cannot click on it.

my way still seems the best way of getting there.

Sorry, but i am still not getting what you mean by status.
I can see that each item has a status tag,but cannot click on it.

my way still seems the best way of getting there.
Click on the column header - the word Status on the top of the column to sort and group by the status-types. This will arrange all of the same kind together such as installed from DLS, Packaged, etc., together in large groups.

What @JCitron said.

If you don`t see Status in the column-title bar of your Content Manager, right-click on one of the existing column titles and use the resulting pop-up menu to add the Status column. It should be already there by default, though.

Left-clicking on a column header sorts the list by that column. Available for download is one of the annotations that can be found in the Status column. The reason for sorting by Status is to group all of the downloadable items in a bunch, instead of having them spread out throughout the list. This makes them easier to select as a bunch.

Do you understand, or do I need to try again?

What @JCitron said.

If you don`t see Status in the column-title bar of your Content Manager, right-click on one of the existing column titles and use the resulting pop-up menu to add the Status column. It should be already there by default, though.

Left-clicking on a column header sorts the list by that column. Available for download is one of the annotations that can be found in the Status column. The reason for sorting by Status is to group all of the downloadable items in a bunch, instead of having them spread out throughout the list. This makes them easier to select as a bunch.

Do you understand, or do I need to try again?
Nope.... cannot see any header title with status....

the top left of my content manager has the following...
File, Edit, Developer, Content.... under neath that is
down arrow, Filter, if you right click on the next box which has custom in it you get the following list...
all content
download station
faulty
installed
locally modified
my content
open for editing
routes and sessions
today
custom
-
default picklists
then my personal picklists
edit filters and picklists.

there nothing there to say add new columns.....

At the top of the columns, but below everything you have listed, is a line of labels that specify what is in that column. The menu that is used to add new columns only appears when you right-click on one of the existing column titles. That line of labels is where Status is expected to appear.

The column titles that are visible in my Content Manager are "Name", "Status", "Asset ID", "Author Username", "File Size", "Build Version", and "Type". In addition, there are three more columns available, the Installation, Modification, and Update dates. I don`t show them because I don`t use them. This is the location of the "Status" that I directed you to left-click on to sort the assets.

Duh! Of course! I never have mine showing thumbnails when I`m managing content, except sometimes when I`m selecting content to download, so it never occurred to me that you didn`t have yours likewise. Likewise, you had no idea that I was not showing thumbnails, so it never occurred to you that I didn`t have mine likewise.

What tipped you off? Was it recognizing some of my column labels as something that you had seen before?

Duh! Of course! I never have mine showing thumbnails when I`m managing content, except sometimes when I`m selecting content to download, so it never occurred to me that you didn`t have yours likewise. Likewise, you had no idea that I was not showing thumbnails, so it never occurred to you that I didn`t have mine likewise.

What tipped you off? Was it recognizing some of my column labels as something that you had seen before?
It just occurred that i had it set to show thumbnails and i went and unchecked it to see what would happen.....

Now that we have that sorted...heheh
content manager is now showing me that a couple of the packages that i have( that came with Trainz+) the only ones i paid for are locos that i like.
status= packaged, missing dependencies.

like i said if i knew which packages i could uninstall and try again.

all though with the new column that i now have , I can see the authors name and status so that gives me a starting point

Last edited:
I haven`t a clue where to find it, but just today someone posted something about there being a way to do just exactly that.

Exploring Content Manager, I managed to locate the command for determining exactly that. Left-click on the asset in question, left-click on the Content menu, and check out the last couple or so entries on the menu.

Wait a minute, might it have been in your latest Suggestion Boxcar thread? I think so. Don`t need to find it now, though.

Back