USA Pics

Well, I have been migrating from TS10 to TS12.... I ported over Avery to Drexel....

So, lets do the "Bitter Roots Bogie"

First off we see the helpers for the Eastbound standing by the station. Little Joes E77 and E75 are on Duty today.

1-5.jpg

Blind leading the blind?

2-2.jpg

All coupled up, laced up, and pumped up.

3-2.jpg

4 pants, no waiting......

4-1.jpg

All stretched out and humming along......

5.jpg

Dermmy could you or 2wayne reskin that southern one in Vancouver wharfs,CPR n CN colors? would be awesome

Roy

That unit is payware from JR, released today. I'm not sure repaints are going to be allowed.

EDIT: However, Mchawkmans units are reskinnable and would prolly work.

Last edited:
mtw,

sweet pict but need some more weed or dry grass in front of the pict. love those dirty loco and cars.
keep them coming:cool:

Roy

Naugatuck Valley Rebooted? Huh? what the heck is that...and more importantly, where can I get it :hehe:
The Naugatuck Valley rebooted was a layout featured in the pages of Model Rail Roader. This route follows that track map very closely and has some 23 to 30 actual mainline miles on it. The route features two locomotive terminals with round houses and several yards of various sizes. I have the route set up to handle CSX road power. The proto type Naugatuck Valley is really located in Connecticut. So yes I know it would never see a CSX train, but I made the route so I'm having fun with it. Right now it's been pulled for some upgrades and clean up. When it goes back up at with in the next day or so it will be in the available down loads section at the forums at SAXT. You do not need to be a member to download any thing from SAXT. Thanks for asking. Lastly the route is only intended for 2012.

Well, I have been migrating from TS10 to TS12.... I ported over Avery to Drexel....

So, lets do the "Bitter Roots Bogie"

First off we see the helpers for the Eastbound standing by the station. Little Joes E77 and E75 are on Duty today.

3-2.jpg

Hallo,

very nice to see the EF4 and the Avery – Drexel Route in TS12. I brought the route over from TS2010 as well.
But I had no success in using the EF4 as the “trailer-bogey-arrangement” which still is left from the old TRS2006 times, did not exactly work out in TS12.
Is it allowed to ask how you could use the EF4 solving the trailer bogy problem in TS12? May be the problem has been gone in the current version of TS12.
Also I am very interested to know, how you could get the EF4 number 77. I remember that I only released the EF4 number 75 and because of the limited time,
I had no chance to put running numbers onto it. Did you make a reskin?

Enjoy the route and your operation of transcontinental freights. :)

Your’s TUME

Hallo,

very nice to see the EF4 and the Avery – Drexel Route in TS12. I brought the route over from TS2010 as well.
But I had no success in using the EF4 as the “trailer-bogey-arrangement” which still is left from the old TRS2006 times, did not exactly work out in TS12.
Is it allowed to ask how you could use the EF4 solving the trailer bogy problem in TS12? May be the problem has been gone in the current version of TS12.
Also I am very interested to know, how you could get the EF4 number 77. I remember that I only released the EF4 number 75 and because of the limited time,
I had no chance to put running numbers onto it. Did you make a reskin?

Enjoy the route and your operation of transcontinental freights. :)

Your’s TUME

Tume,

It is nice to hear from the creator himself!

EF 4 number 77 is renumber that I did. I used the existing 7 and just copied it. Technically it is all your work :)

As for the trailing position problem, I solved it with a bit of logic. I used PEV's attachment maker on the EF4 sub truck assembly.

I copied the numbers for a.bog0, a.bog1, and a.limfront. I copied the x and z numbers for a.limback, but pushed out the value for y, I think I have 12.5 right now, instead of the original 11.050

I saved the attachment mesh into the same directory as the the sub truck mesh.

Next, I made 2 changes to the config file......

First, I made the attachment mesh the default mesh.

Why? Now that is the interesting bit. The program look for the first definition for the values of a.limfront, a.limback, a.bog0, and a.bog1, ignoring all others after it. [Corrected statement, see NS37 post below]

The program ignores all other references.

With that done, the second change I made was to make the original mesh entry into an attachment entry.

This allows the original mesh to be used while it makes the original limfront, limback, and bogey entries harmless.

With this done, I was able to experiment with the subtrucks a.limback value to increase the spacing to close to prototypical spacing.

The only kinks that I need to work out is the connector mesh (haven't tried yet) and when a back to back set goes to couple up to the SD40-2s, a small gap exists if you couple too lightly, a bit of a thump is needed to get everything coupled up perfectly.

If you would like, you can PM me an email address and I will forward on EF4 #77 to your for examination .....

Thank You for all your efforts, Avery - Drexel is a beautiful route. Here is hoping for an extension to the East!

Chris N8PHU

Last edited:
The program only looks in ONE place and one place only for the values of a.limfront, a.limback, a.bog0, and a.bog1. It looks for them in the mesh that is designated as default.

i believe that the program looks for the first set of these defined in the table, not really the ones designated in 'default'. i use alphanumber meshes as default all the time and they dont have any attachment point information in them. the alphanumber meshes are one thing i know for sure has to be the default mesh.

i believe that the program looks for the first set of these defined in the table, not really the ones designated in 'default'. i use alphanumber meshes as default all the time and they dont have any attachment point information in them. the alphanumber meshes are one thing i know for sure has to be the default mesh.

Cool! That seems to make a lot more sense. I stand corrected :)

Hi Hert,
Is that shot taken in a fictional route? If not: Where about can I find that location?

I believe the route is fictional. You can find it on the DLS: Glacier Park 2, I have been doing some renovations on it, like updating the crossings and roads etc. But the track work is the same.

hert:wave:

...Lastly the route is only intended for 2012.

darn. Oh well, Nothing's to stop me from building myself a version I guess :D :hehe:

Oh, PS, Chris (aka n8phu) I'm fine with you moving to TS12...but it your ALCos don't work in TS2010 anynmore, we're gonna have problems :eek:

(just kidding, by the way)

Back