Good northeastern routes

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
Welp, time for me to see what all the wonderful folks of this forum have in the way of suggestions for another one of my route cravings.
I'm asking if anyone has any suggestions for a good route set in the Northeastern USA region that's somewhat modern (1980's-present day era).

Check out MSGSAPPER's New England Coastal, Papa's Maine Central, a spin-off of Bob's similar route. There are others too but I can't think of them offhand.

New England Coastal - State of Maine. Offers four distinct large areas that you can develop to your taste. I suggest replacing trees, etc. with SAM TREEs. They look good and have not been obsoleted by updates.

While the route is set in 1950, add new cars and some McDonalds for current era.. Most of the businesses and homes are today, as they were then (1950). There is a TV series on logging in Maine which gives you a glimpse of today. Shipyards and a nuclear power plant are there. With N3V you can change the era with very good effect.

Last edited:
New England Coastal - State of Maine. Offers four distinct large areas that you can develop to your taste. I suggest replacing trees, etc. with SAM TREEs. They look good and have not been obsoleted by updates.

While the route is set in 1950, add new cars and some McDonalds for current era.. Most of the businesses and homes are today, as they were then (1950). There is a TV series on logging in Maine which gives you a glimpse of today. Shipyards and a nuclear power plant are there. With N3V you can change the era with very good effect.
SAM trees are pretty nice. I've used his smaller maples as plantings on some housing developments I've put in on my routes. RMM's trees are great as well.

Back