UK themed iportal group

im an old iportal fan an if theres room would like to join up. as for the u.k content i have a good mixture but will need to know what goes with what....unless you guys have u.p or b.n.s.f over there ha:eek:

...if theres room would like to join up.....

Plenty of space in our "clubhouse" !

The way things are going it's looking like we have enough interest here (and on the British Trainz forum) to have US route(s), UK modern route(s) and UK steam era route(s).

The only potential problem as far as you are concerned is that you don't show as having TS2009/10 so there could be content and route compatibility issues.

I'd love this. One problem: Do the iPortals work in TS2010 build 46170? Mine doesn't appear to.

I'm a LMS/LNER fam myself, I'd like to iPortal on the Settle & Carlisle route, but I doubt many people would have it. I'd go on anything with someone who has Skipper1945's marvelous creations installed. I'd drive the Lickey Incline route that I imported from my TC3 days, same with S&C.

I just love the 3 cylinder beat and chime whistle of an A3!

Now thats my kind of language, SnC with Skipper's stock, oh yes. :cool:
i've only got the TC3 stuff, not the SnC add-on,. but I guess it'll work with any route. And Settle & Carlisle has iPortals at the ends, so I won't need to edit the route!

If someone makes a TS2010 version of the Lickey Incline, then maybe if there's a multiplayer (not iPortal) session, then someone could be the banker. But that's for another topic I guess.

If only everyone had the A3 that came with TC3. Love the 3 cylinder beat. I'd love to iPortal with that loco. We could use all the different non-DLS locos we wanted if we just fly-shunted through the portals.

Yes you are right, I never thought of that, SnC does have i-portals at either end, so they must work in Trainz12 as that is where I run the SnC. :wave:

.... Do the iPortals work in TS2010 build 46170? ....

I has been said that multiplayer versions (which I believe 46170 is) do not support iportals. There may be a work around but since I don't have a multiplayer version I'm not in a position to investigate this.

I have the S&C as an add on. But iportalling a whole route kinda defeats the object of each person controlling a section of the line and working it in a prototypical manner. If you want to drive the whole route then single player or multiplayer might suit your purpose better.

I has been said that multiplayer versions (which I believe 46170 is) do not support iportals. There may be a work around but since I don't have a multiplayer version I'm not in a position to investigate this.

I have the S&C as an add on. But iportalling a whole route kinda defeats the object of each person controlling a section of the line and working it in a prototypical manner. If you want to drive the whole route then single player or multiplayer might suit your purpose better.
The add-on and TC3 version does have Craven District, Vale of Eden, and Yorkshire Dales as well as the complete Carlisle Skipton route.

I think it might actually be illegal to be a 'GWR Man' in Cambridgeshire?

I'm pretty certain it's listed in the County's Bye-Laws.

I working on the basis that, having controlled chunks of the former GE system during my time at York and Liverpool St (Hamilton House) Railway Control offices, I have a right to a retirement visa in GE territory.

Besides which, I maintain a low profile and keep very quiet about my dark past !

:D

The add-on and TC3 version does have Craven District, Vale of Eden, and Yorkshire Dales as well as the complete Carlisle Skipton route.

You are correct I'd forgotten about the "sub routes". I do a lot of route creation and got the S&C mainly for the extra UK assets rather than to drive the route. I know the prototype well enough, I lived less than 4 miles from Skipton before moving to Cambridgeshire.

i have 2010, just not registered it yet, and as for us routes, will that be an issue to the uk route that will be running

i have 2010, just not registered it yet, and as for us routes, will that be an issue to the uk route that will be running

If you have TS2010 then that's one problem out of the way.

As for routes, the important thing is that all the sections being used together at any one time make sense as a cohesive route - and a 50 car US freight might frighten the signalman on a GWR branchline :) !

Engine 49 why are you even asking anything about iportaling?
I have been iportaling for four years and have not iportaled with you because i have never seen you on and that you won't give us your iportals ID.
So now if you want to iportal with us then give us your IDs and register your TS10 game.

If you have TS2010 then that's one problem out of the way.

As for routes, the important thing is that all the sections being used together at any one time make sense as a cohesive route - and a 50 car US freight might frighten the signalman on a GWR branchline :) !

With Halloween coming up he'd probably assume it's a ghost train, run back to his railway cottage and never be heard of again!

Actually, I don't think the loops (either SR/LSWR or GWR) at Boscarne Junction (that I was mentioning earlier) would accommodate even 50 (china clay) wagons or vans - 50 x 21 feet = 1,050 feet = 350 yards -= 320 m.

I really should be discussing this on the "prototype" forum, but as I have itareus's (ex. GWR) ear ...

Does anyone have a track plan showing the length of the loops and the SR/LSWR and/or GWR stations of the original Boscarne Junction (near Bodmin)? In a book* maybe? Feel free to message me personally if you need to send me a scanned-in image. I have found a diagram showing the signalling and points (switches) at

http://www.signalbox.org/diagrams.php?id=386

which clearly shows the four parallel tracks (SR/LSWR branch line and loop as well as GWR branch line joining the SR/LSWR line and GWR loop). Could someone explain the numbering conventions used on these sort of layout schematics? In fact, "trackplate's" Restormel Castle (TRS2004) route shows only two lines at Boscarne Jct. and shows separate SR/LSWR and GWR short stations on the curves after the lines diverge.

Also on the web is someone doing a physical (i.e. not virtual) model of the area

http://grogleyjunction.blogspot.com

but he's turning the china clay trains at his "Grogley Junction" nearer Wadebridge and has added a wharf at Boscarne.

There's also a forum discussion

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/40275-gwr-operations-from-bodmin-general/

that clearly states that GWR operated passenger trains from Bodmin General (and Bodmin Road - now Bodmin Parkway) through Boscarne Junction to Wadebridge (but not on to Padstow) and also seems to indicate that neither LSWR nor GWR had a passenger station at Boscarne Junction. "itareus" (or others), would you agree with that?

More changes to my schedule and the route, then! Actually this is (and must have been for LSWR and GWR) quite tricky as it means that three routes (1 goods only, 1 primarily passenger and one mixed) merge at (or very near) Boscarne Jct. to single track (Wb- westbound) to be joined by a forth (the LSWR "mainline" from Launceston) before reaching Wadebridge, then, of course, they then need to go Eb (eastbound) too. This is certainly busy branch line territory! The forum above suggests it was good of GWR to show LSWR trains on their timetable, but I imagine that (a) it was part of the agreement that GWR had to make in order to use LSWR lines and (b) that the timetable was reflecting what had to be a very closely integrated schedule to avoid some misunderstanding causing a major accident!

All the best,

Peter.

* Perhaps in David & Charles Ltd 1969 reprint of Railway Junction Diagrams 1915 (publ: Railway Clearing House)

....seems to indicate that neither LSWR nor GWR had a passenger station at Boscarne Junction...

Peter,

The was no passenger station at Boscarne junction until 1964 when Boscarne Exchange platform opened, The B&WR Boscarne junction station was later built on the site of the exchange platform.

Chris

Back