Trainz Plus Beta PC & Mac - 122909 & 122912 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just an update to my above issue;

Driver updates/reverts to various known working NVidia drivers has not solved the issue. Even more strange, when running in FullScreen I cannot get Trainz to open, and when it finally does, I have no grid on a route, and it's effectively frozen in state. When attempting to close Trainz, I'm forced to 'EndTask' via Task Manager. Thoughts?

Regards,

I haven't yet used Clutter 2 but I seem to recall from earlier posts that a major change has been its implementation is now in the GPU rather than in the CPU. I also gather that it now operates much better on Macs than previously. But I could be wrong on both counts.
Here's a snippet from a recent post by N3V about their intentions for the "Next-Gen Clutter"
Next-gen Clutter System

TurfFX (our solution for rendering dense grass) has always been limited to Windows which means other platforms and hardware do not experience some finer details of a route.
The next generation of Clutter is changing this!
We are continuing to enhance the Clutter effect layer with the eventual aim of superseding TurfFX entirely. Clutter will introduce many enhancements including bulk mesh animation to allow wind effects on all types of foliage.
This cross-platform technology is expected to increase visual fidelity across Windows DX11 and MacOS.

This will be a tall order indeed - superseding the TurfFX work of a now-trillion dollar enterprise (nVidia) - which, in my opinion, is ambitious and unnecessary for the majority of Trainz users happily using nVidia GPUs and TurfFX.
Nonetheless, I welcome all attempts at bringing graphical improvements to the Trainz route-creation process for all users and am keen to see what comes of this effort.

I see the wisdom in this move. As it stands at the moment, a user needs a pretty beefy PC to run the newest version of Trainz with all its features activated. That is a expensive dongle for a piece of software that already has a limited market share potential. Anything that can be done to allow more people to use the software is going to help the bottom line of N3V.

To fix the issue I had to delete about 150 assets which were from the DS and then re-download them. Not sure what caused the problem, but at least I now have no faulty assets in build 122912.
I did the same and that fixed the problem. I don't know what caused that either but it worked.

Build 122912.
My problem is flickering water in HD
I "dug out" my coastline - 2 baseboards, up to 200mtrs wide.
I haven't finished the scenery around the "new" water yet.
I raied it to 0m and it's sitting about 2-3m above the bottom and constantly flickers in surveyor and Driver modes.
Rather bright - strobe light like.

Haven't noticed this reported, so any help will be appreciated - particularly if is there something I've done wrong.

Loving S20 and HD.
Cheers
NickE
Flickering water is normally due to 2 water effects overlapping. Be sure that you don't have 2 Water effect layers applied or a mix of Water Effect Layer & Legacy Water. While you can use multiple water effects in a route, it is important to make sure only one is visible in a given area. Do this by lowering the unwanted water below the ground.

So just an update to my above issue;

Driver updates/reverts to various known working NVidia drivers has not solved the issue. Even more strange, when running in FullScreen I cannot get Trainz to open, and when it finally does, I have no grid on a route, and it's effectively frozen in state. When attempting to close Trainz, I'm forced to 'EndTask' via Task Manager. Thoughts?

Regards,
If you haven't already, please submit a bug report with which Nvidia drivers you are using, as well as the rest of your PC specs and which version O/S you are running.

Are you able to check if you have any assertion errors causing the freezes? Trainz will stop responding until Assertion Errors are cleared and may be the reason.

If you haven't already, please submit a bug report with which Nvidia drivers you are using, as well as the rest of your PC specs and which version O/S you are running.

Are you able to check if you have any assertion errors causing the freezes? Trainz will stop responding until Assertion Errors are cleared and may be the reason.
Will do. I'm on a fresh install now of Trainz+. I think part of the issue may have been using beta upgrades from TRS2019 into Trainz+ vs just downloading Trainz+. With Trainz+ I now am able to see the updater running, and it's considerably quicker. Given that, I have not yet experienced the issues mentioned before.

Thank you for all your feedback, as we have a new Trainz Plus Beta available, this thread is now locked.

Please post comments on the new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back