Trainz Plus Beta PC & Mac - 123314 & 123315 (TLR Beta Release)

n3v_laurence

Thank you to all our testers, we have a new build which includes more Clutter 2.0, MPS and several Scrapbook fixes along with a fix to the Skybox color.

To test out Trainz Living Railroad (TLR), follow these steps:
  • Select a session which meets the requirements for Living Railroad.
  • As an example, built-in session <kuid:661281:110095> 03 Dispatchin' the Action - can be used
  • From the Windows Menu click on Select Session Options
  • Click on “Living Railroad Dispatch” and select "Enabled"
  • Close the Session Option Window
  • Open the Driver List (the icon is found bottom left of the screen)
  • The currently selected Driver will be highlighted grey
  • To enable a Driver to be used by TLR Dispatch, click on the dropdown list and assign to Automatic Scheduler
Further information about Trainz Living Railroad can be found here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/trainz-living-railroad

Change Log 123059 to 123315:
  • MPS Fixes
    • Legacy water leading to desync
    • Desync after junction formation
    • Driver assignment for TLR
  • Clutter 2.0 Fixes
    • Low spacing placement
    • Shadow base instances
    • Correct rendering for high density values
  • Clutter 2.0 Additions:
    • Option to remove high density sliders
    • Distance for LOD sliders
  • Scrapbook Fixes
    • Preview icon randomly appearing incorrect
    • Grid cursor height match
    • Grid cursor appearing with Ground Height Tool
  • General Fixes
    • Placement Tool selected after a texture selection
    • Sundial color randomly changing
    • DPI scaling improvements
Key Features:
  • Trainz Living Railroad is enabled
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac
  • Clutter 2.0

Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Running a second instance of Trainz can cause a DirectX error and can lead to a crash
  • Content Packages - multiplayersurveyor missing or may list as red
  • MPS support is not supported for this build
  • DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update.
REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC & Mac Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 123059 (PC). This is a small patch 33 MiB for build 123315

Mac: Requires Trainz Plus 123077 (Mac). This is a small patch 43 MiB for build 123314

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
I'm currently on TRS22 122418. I'm a Gold member, how can I update to Trainz Plus 123059 so I can then update to the new beta? I've tried changing my patch stream to both "Trainz Plus" and "Trainz Plus Beta" but both options have told me there are no updates currently available.

I'm currently on TRS22 122418. I'm a Gold member, how can I update to Trainz Plus 123059 so I can then update to the new beta? I've tried changing my patch stream to both "Trainz Plus" and "Trainz Plus Beta" but both options have told me there are no updates currently available.
Download the Plus version of the app, and install it with its own user directory, and change the stream to Plus Beta. Keep in mind there are error messages that will pop up, and the program will wait for your input. There will be increased errors and betas are not recommended for work you want to keep.

Download the Plus version of the app, and install it with its own user directory, and change the stream to Plus Beta. Keep in mind there are error messages that will pop up, and the program will wait for your input. There will be increased errors and betas are not recommended for work you want to keep.
Ah, so I've got to have two copies of the program? Not sure I've got the HD space, darn.

Patch installed quickly and without issues. Thanks!
Checked out improvements made to skybox and water FX/ environment dialog changes. Thanks!
Still working on evaluation of Clutter 2.0 'fixes'. Need to get my head around better creation and deployment of clutter 2.0 effects...
Still not convinced that this will be - or can ever be - a viable substitute for TurfFX. (Prove me wrong - and the Mac-aficionados here especially will be happy).

Beta after beta, I see only little things changed while the main issues stay broken/incomplete
A few examples:

S2.0 now thrown in TRS22PE while still unfinished
-Lacks good rulers or camera's or consist menu
-lacks spline circles and arrows that are clear to see and needed
-lacks Bulk asset replace or Bulk property change
-Viewer that you cant stop or zoom (see s1)
-Fixed dark grey docking bars
-some windows have unwanted size limitation
-ant like icons with a non transparent context menu
-Ugly selection graphics (just a cadre will do)
-not user friendly, for some disabilities unusable
-annoying water under(if you are lucky) everything

HD we had high hopes
-You cant just change a few boards, cause the seam is too visible
-Too visible LODS
-performance degrade/framerates
-Over the top detail comes with huge filesize
-dighole is not precise 10x10meter, often wrong at conversion
-16 texture limit destroys Dem usage/data
-only works in/with S2 and plus

TLR fun addition
-Trains/Locs stop on junctions blocking others
-Too long driving backwards (no runaround in the base set)
-Multi track Industry problems
-Constant calculations that have impact on some systems
-That driver list interface.....HEADS TOO BIG (oopsy)

please do Main things first then the clutter frumsy wumsy
greetings GM

Beta after beta, I see only little things changed while the main issues stay broken/incomplete
A few examples:

S2.0 now thrown in TRS22PE while still unfinished
-Lacks good rulers or camera's or consist menu
-lacks spline circles and arrows that are clear to see and needed
-lacks Bulk asset replace or Bulk property change
-Viewer that you cant stop or zoom (see s1)
-Fixed dark grey docking bars
-some windows have unwanted size limitation
-ant like icons with a non transparent context menu
-Ugly selection graphics (just a cadre will do)
-not user friendly, for some disabilities unusable
-annoying water under(if you are lucky) everything

HD we had high hopes
-You cant just change a few boards, cause the seam is too visible
-Too visible LODS
-performance degrade/framerates
-Over the top detail comes with huge filesize
-dighole is not precise 10x10meter, often wrong at conversion
-16 texture limit destroys Dem usage/data
-only works in/with S2 and plus
I completely agree with all of these! Also, when I try merging routes, the game hangs...

I completely agree with all of these! Also, when I try merging routes, the game hangs...
Make sure you have plenty of virtual memory setup. I found that ages ago with T: ANE. I use three times my installed RAM as a rule and that works well.

How would I go about that?
In Windows 10:

It's the same in Windows 7 and Windows 11.

You want to set a fixed size for both the minimum and maximum size to 3x your RAM. 32K or 32768 = 98304. You may have to increase it more than that but that's the usual base amount that I find works pretty well.

Anyway... I did some testing myself, and there is definitely a problem. I got assertion errors and a hang. The additional virtual memory is good to have anyway, so it's no waste of time and it does help with big routes.

I'll report the error.

Last edited:
In Windows 10:

It's the same in Windows 7 and Windows 11.

You want to set a fixed size for both the minimum and maximum size to 3x your RAM. 32K or 32768 = 98304. You may have to increase it more than that but that's the usual base amount that I find works pretty well.

Anyway... I did some testing myself, and there is definitely a problem. I got assertion errors and a hang. The additional virtual memory is good to have anyway, so it's no waste of time and it does help with big routes.

I'll report the error.
Tried that, so far not much luck. Still hangs when merging routes. I have 64 gb of RAM, so what should I set the size to?

Tried that, so far not much luck. Still hangs when merging routes. I have 64 gb of RAM, so what should I set the size to?
I set mine to 256GB. It'll help with the version that works when you merge really large routes. The beta does appear broken. I tried merging two single-baseboards together and the program hung at the splash screen. I reported the bug with details and screen captures of the two errors that accompany the merger.

Back