Trainz Plus Beta Mac & PC - 122776 & 122777 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3v_laurence

As we prepare for Trainz Living Railroad (TLR) Phase 1 release, we have another Beta update. This update has includes several recent UI fixes.

To test out TLR follow these steps:
  • Select a session which meets the requirements for Living Railroad.
  • As an example, built-in session <kuid:661281:110095> 03 Dispatchin' the Action - can be used
  • From the Windows Menu click on Select Session Options
  • Click on “Living Railroad Dispatch” and select "Enabled"
  • Close the Session Option Window
  • Open the Driver List (the icon is found bottom left of the screen)
  • The currently selected Driver will be highlighted grey
  • To enable a Driver to be used by TLR Dispatch, click on the dropdown list and assign to Automatic Scheduler
Further information about Trainz Living Railroad can be found here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/trainz-living-railroad

Change Log 122733 to 122777:
  • Several UI refresh fixes
  • Eyedropper Texture selection fix
  • S20 Tool Asset Placement selection after Eyedropper fix
  • Rare Crash loading session fix
  • iMac Radeon (including 580) - HD Terrain should now render
  • HD ground height adjustments artefacts over baseboard seams fix

Key Features:
  • Trainz Living Railroad is enabled
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac

Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Sound in Menus will play even when disabled
  • Eyedropper not selecting PBR Grass 8 - Seasonal
  • Content Packages - Fail to apply changes due to new content set
  • Content Packages - mulitplayersurveyor missing
  • Effect Layer presets are not visible when listed
  • MPS support is currently limited for this build
  • Some AMD GPUs may encounter minor flickering shadows
  • Some Nvidia GPUs may encounter RenderServerManagerDirectX11::CreateSwapChain Assertion Error if Trainz window is resized which will result in Trainz freezing.
    • ** If encounter this error please submit a bug report listing your system hardware**
  • DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update.
REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC & Mac Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 122734 (PC). This is a small patch 33 MiB for build 122777

Mac: Requires Trainz Plus 122733 (Mac). This is a small patch 43 MiB for build 122776

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
The initial, automatic DBR is still missing the progress window. A manual DBR, after finishing the initial one, did show the progress window.

Peter

That's right, the last 2 beta patches didn't show a progress window for the initial DBR. I had to watch the log window (until reaching the limit), and CPU or disk usage.

Peter

Updated quick and easy. No database check window. Should there always be database checking after each update? Still has sound bug where there is sound in menus, even though that option is unchecked, and this issue is shown as unresolved above.

I went in to update my Bata build 122734 and all I see is "Trainz Plus Alpha" stream but no "Trainz Plus Bata" stream???? Trainz Plus Alpha says there are no updates.

Still getting lightning bolts and sparkles from the speedtrees in several of my routes, including Kickstarter! Hope they get that fixed, bug report sent.

Much faster upgrade experience compared to the previous beta build - manual DBR took 19 seconds, prebuild (TrainzUtil.exe) just a minute or two, and menus/ routes opened faster than before, but still 'sticky' on first opening as forewarned above.
No major issues evident on cursory inspection of my own routes and sessions. TLR driver behaviour still mystifyingly opaque and as seemingly confused as before. Way too much shoving (as opposed to pulling) and 'stuck' drivers. Have resolved to do the KSC Dispatchin' the Action session again manually to refresh my memory of the task-list and its schedule sequence 'gotchas' before attempting to automatically assign the AI dispatcher to complete any tasks. It should do better if the assignments are made in the correct order...

Much faster upgrade experience compared to the previous beta build - manual DBR took 19 seconds, prebuild (TrainzUtil.exe) just a minute or two, and menus/ routes opened faster than before, but still 'sticky' on first opening as forewarned above.
No major issues evident on cursory inspection of my own routes and sessions. TLR driver behaviour still mystifyingly opaque and as seemingly confused as before. Way too much shoving (as opposed to pulling) and 'stuck' drivers. Have resolved to do the KSC Dispatchin' the Action session again manually to refresh my memory of the task-list and its schedule sequence 'gotchas' before attempting to automatically assign the AI dispatcher to complete any tasks. It should do better if the assignments are made in the correct order...
I don't think there is any connection between the session's objectives and the logic used by the dispatcher. I ran that session for 47 hours and the only session objective that was achieved was when I had to manually move the passenger train to allow a freight to pass. I returned the passenger train to its starting location and the passenger stop objective of the session went from 0/4 to 1/4.
It appears to me that the triggering of tasks is the same logic used to trigger a waybill. When the level of a commodity reaches a certain level the a task is triggered instead of creating a waybill under the old system. The only new logic in play here is the system understands enough to take a commodity from an industry that produces it to an industry that consumes it.

From my observations the "Dispatchin' the Action" session is simply not setup to work properly. Trains are shoved clear acrss the route instead of doing run-arounds, trains can't load or unload because the train won't fit on loading/unloading area or loco is facing the wrong way, etc. etc. etc. It's like a newbie just plopped down some trains with no consideration for any success at all in fullfilling the tasks. I can only assume that for the drivers who have Driver Commands they were just given those commands as "place holders" and not intending for them to actually complete tasks. But that's only a guess. It would be interesting to actually "fix" the commands so that the tasks can actually be completed and see what happens.

edit: Still trying to understand just how the drivers are being assinged commands. When I started TLR session today two drivers keep completing their first set of commands and a new set of commands is then given. These two drivers have now loaded and unloaded several times... they complete their task and give new ones. All the other drivers are just sitting "Available for Dispatch"

Last edited:
Hi Laurence!
Bug report submitted, sorry for delay. Sparkles and lightning bolts most prominent at far distance, not as much as you get closer to trees. Computer and GPU specs included in report.

I also submitted a bug report. It appears that this behavior is limited to the st_rmm_yasen family of trees and only appears when the trees are displaying the 2nd LOD level. Best to click the watch on youtube link to see detail

I also submitted a bug report. It appears that this behavior is limited to the st_rmm_yasen family of trees and only appears when the trees are displaying the 2nd LOD level. Best to click the watch on youtube link to see detail

That's pretty much what I'm seeing, along with long laser beams coming from the trees; again, like you, it seems worst on the 2nd LOD level. I also am seeing this on one of my personal routes using <kuid:388413:420014> CEM st_rmm_sosna96_1954_20m seasonal trees.

I see the lazer beams too but that test route didn't show them for some reason. I took a random sample to find the trees from KSC 2. Maybe different trees do different things. That would be interesting. Same creator though that is for sure. Interestingly, as I used the add random scenery tool to place trees, it took a certain number of trees for the sparkles to start.

I've seen that for quite some time on the Broadleaf trees and on some of the rmm_st trees. Not all trees.

Well, some good news for a change; updated my Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 drivers to version 537.13 and lo and behold the trees no longer sparkle and shoot out lazer beams! Nice to see all my Broadleaf and st_rmm trees now look good again!

Well, some good news for a change; updated my Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 drivers to version 537.13 and lo and behold the trees no longer sparkle and shoot out lazer beams! Nice to see all my Broadleaf and st_rmm trees now look good again!
Interesting but it is still a bug although that does give N3V an out to not fix it. Just update your drivers. My TRS22 PE does NOT exhibit this bug and I'm sure that it is the exact same rendering system. Well, maybe they fix it or maybe not. Maybe it is just an artifact of not optimizing the content set inside the TLR test builds and it goes away once that is done. I'm not planning on continuing to pay to have access to Trainz Plus until TLR is something more than it is at the moment.

This is like a band-aides and bailing wire. The fix may work for this version but what happens later on when Nvidia updates their drivers again? We've seen that before many times not only with Trainz but also other programs where something is fixed, or so it appears to be and then an update or updates come out and the fixed problem reappears yet again.

We have a new Trainz Plus Beta available. Please post comments on the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back