Tracks isn't straighten correctly

aking4125

NYCTA Fan
When I try to straighten the tracks around some turns or even a straight road of track. When I use the straighten track (or whatever its called). The tracks cut too close to either another track. Or something else. To make it short. The Tracks isn't straighten correctly. Why is this? Im I doing something wrong?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just went through the process of fixing an area where I recently laid some track down and I was going through the process of leveling it and straightening it out.

Add in some additional spline points, and try to keep all the segements in the same direction. In other words, all northbound track laid in the same direction, and all the southbound track laid in the same direction.

Hope this helps.

John

wow.....that doesn't really make any sense...can you try to explain that again...in proper english please?

If you have more than one track then you need to have spline points at the same places on each track. The straighten tool will then work fine. If you dont have matching spline points then one track will cut across another track.

Also, adding lots of spline points is not a good idea, just make sure you line up each one precisely. ;)

wow.....that doesn't really make any sense...can you try to explain that again...in proper english please?

If it doesn't make any sense then why everyone else understands my problem and is trying to help me?

Thanks guys! That pretty much solved my issue.

Back