Fixed tracks don't snap to each other

That suggests that invisible track splines are built into fixed track segments which makes sense when you think about it. Anyone else remember the short period of time in TANE where rolling stock would attach and move along scenery splines like fences. I wonder if that was related to the fixed track breaking and then getting fixed as cited above.

That suggests that invisible track splines are built into fixed track segments which makes sense when you think about it. Anyone else remember the short period of time in TANE where rolling stock would attach and move along scenery splines like fences. I wonder if that was related to the fixed track breaking and then getting fixed as cited above.
Good question. It was a bit earlier in TS12 SP1 that this appeared.

The issue was due to the then new designation of all splines, grass and fences included, as now being a kind track. If the tag istrack is set to 1, then whatever the spline is becomes track. If istrack is 0, then it's not. Similarly, the isroad 1 and isroad 0 make the spline into a road. The default is no tag, but that wasn't always the case as it is today, which means the spline isn't a road or track and nothing will ride or drive on the splines.

The problem was, when the update was made, N3V engineers made the default of no tags track, causing trains to run on grass and track marks and signals to attach to wires, fences, and grass. This was very frustrating for us as you can imagine because signals remained red and AI skipped track marks.

When I discovered the issue shortly after the TS12 SP1 release when this came out, I reported this immediately and HF1 came out to fix that among other things.

Last edited:
Back