STEEL SCREENSHOTS

:( i would post a screenie but have no website or am not interested in imageshack or photobucket but i do have a few steel routes:confused:

:( i would post a screenie but have no website or am not interested in imageshack or photobucket but i do have a few steel routes:confused:

In other words: "I would post a screenie, but have no website and I am to lazy to have an Imageshack or Photo Bucket account."

Glad I can help;),
JRT

All WIP from a route I am currently working on.

Zeug11.jpg

Foreground: cokeplant. Above: continous caster 1. Top right: blast furnaces.

Zeug6.jpg

Rolling mills 2 & 3.

Watertreatment.jpg

Water- and gastreatment. Cesspools will be off to the right.

Coke3.jpg

Cokeplant again, coke storage bunkers ans shipping. Background: BOFs.

Coke6.jpg

Cokeplant. Temporary piping in the foreground. Will be switched with some more delicate pipeworks in the future.

EAP18.jpg

Pipework.

Sinter1.jpg

Sinterplant with temporary pipes.

Neu10.jpg

Ore storage. Background: continous caster 2 (the bigger one).

Isegrinns Outstanding Work

Isegrinns,

Outstand work the only criticism I have is the coke ovens are set up wrong.

Coal is loaded from conveyors to the top of the ovens like this:

CokePlant001.jpg

You might want to consider using the rotary dump.

After the coal is cooked into coke, pushers push the coke into cars on the side of the oven like this:

CokePlant002.jpg

Once the hot coke is pushed out of the ovens it needs to be cooled rapidly to make it hard to withstand the pressures of the blast furnaces. This is done in a quencher like this:

CokePlant003.jpg

Then the quenched coke is taken to a pit to be crushed and transported to be loaded to go into the blast furnace like this:

CokePlant005.jpg

CokePlant006.jpg

chp-cp-00220i.jpg

coke_plant_BW-5420-1-15_10_2002.jpg

Feel free to pm me with any questions.:wave:

Hey Sethmcs!

Thats just the shipping side.

Zeug9.jpg

Thats the receiving yard.
Those tracks are not easy to spot, as I use "rails only" and textures are yet to come.

In my first screenshot you can see the unloading bunker upper left side. A conveyor lifts the coal to three filling towers.

All I need are a pusher, a fillercar and a quenchercar! And, of corse, batteries without stacks on it.
I contacted the creator, but it seems this guy does not have a lot of time to create some bigger batteries.
Some broad gauge vehicles in the middle of the batteries would be also good. Plus a quenching tower.

Where do you get yours from, if I may ask? Looks pretty good, but to modern for me.
Thanks for your comment!
:)

G'day,

I'm currently modelling the former Newcastle Steelworks here in Australia, which closed 11 years ago. I need some help with coke ovens, primarily I can't find any on the DLS!

Thanks in advance!

pushers

Hey sethmcs,

Those pushers (yellow machine things) in ur screenshots, are they available on DLS i did a search for push or pushers, but didn't find anything.

cheers,

koolboy

G'day,

I'm currently modelling the former Newcastle Steelworks here in Australia, which closed 11 years ago. I need some help with coke ovens, primarily I can't find any on the DLS!

Thanks in advance!

You haven't looked that hard.:hehe: Try typing coke oven and checking the box TRS2004. :wave:

Hey sethmcs,

Those pushers (yellow machine things) in ur screenshots, are they available on DLS i did a search for push or pushers, but didn't find anything.

cheers,

koolboy

Try searching cable_excavator2 by alien. Btw check TRS2004.:p

You haven't looked that hard.:hehe: Try typing coke oven and checking the box TRS2004. :wave:

Thanks Sethmcs, also the ramps or platforms that the excavators sit ontop of, are they also on the DLS ?

Nice work on ur screenshots btw.

cheers,

Koolboy

thanks again buddy :hehe: i keep forgetting to tick trs 2004 :hehe: ur a champ for helping me out

Thanks Sethmcs, also the ramps or platforms that the excavators sit ontop of, are they also on the DLS ?

Nice work on ur screenshots btw.

cheers,

Koolboy

this picture is to put this thread back to life please post pictures in here soon

This is too be my next long term project.
CarrieFurnaces1950.jpg

by the way my screenshots always appear in tga formats and when i use converters they always have huge words in the middle any suggestions

Thanks
Josh

Back