Russian third party trainz sites.

hmm..

Well I can report that after trying to download the Kazan metro from the other site it went through a 11 minute download only to be removed by my internet security saying again a serious threat had been located if this happens I cannot stop it being removed so there you have it?

It seems as though that's been got as well. What is with all the great russian routes getting damaged :'(.

Ah well, that shouldn't happen at least it didn't when I obtained it. I did scan it first to make sure there were no virus' and it came up clean on norton file insight.

It could well be your internet security having a thing about not liking russian obtained downloads :hehe:. Joking aside, I would recommend trying the download on a different computer, extracting the files on that computer and moving them across.

Just in case anyone is interested, I am currently in the stage of contacting alterr about the frankfurt underground and a possible fix for the faulty train.

Regards

Johan

Can anybody tell where I can get the Moscow Metro GZL Line from Metrorus.ru. Because I can't find it on rustrainz.com (formely metrorus.ru). I really want to play that route so babdly :(

I can help :)

Can anybody tell where I can get the Moscow Metro GZL Line from Metrorus.ru. Because I can't find it on rustrainz.com (formerly metrorus.ru). I really want to play that route so badly :(

I can assist :D.

The GZL is no longer available from metrorus.

However, the GZL and the other ones are available from here: http://railroadsim.net/en/downloads/trainz/subway/routes

I have tested the links and they are reliable and not corrupted ;).

Regards

Johan

Last edited:
I will try on my other Pc it has a lower internet security. I do have one question do the trains come with the route most times they are separate.

Well that link above has ruined my Pc as now it has downloaded a stupid thing called yandex toll bar that keeps taking me to that Russian page I cannot get rid of it or remove it suggest all stay away from the link. its also ruined my internes speed on that Pc luckily its not the one with my trainz stuff on it.

The Yandex toolbar, from I've seen, has to be explicitly downloaded and then deliberately run; it's not a drive-by download. Not on Firefox or Opera, anyway. I've gotten the offer to download it but never have. Also, if you follow the instructions I gave earlier, you won't get to the screen where you're offered the toolbar. From what I've seen, you should be able to remove it from Add/Remove programs. It should be under Яндекс (hopefully, the only thing there in a Cyrillic alphabet! :eek:) Post back here if that does not remove it.

P.S. Not trying to criticize; just letting anyone reading know about how the Yandex toolbar gets installed. Personally, I consider all toolbars malware, no matter who makes them.

Last edited:
According to a thread on Mozilla.org it's just a case of removing the add-on with the Cryllic name.

The Yandex toolbar, from I've seen, has to be explicitly downloaded and then deliberately run; it's not a drive-by download. Not on Firefox or Opera, anyway. I've gotten the offer to download it but never have. Also, if you follow the instructions I gave earlier, you won't get to the screen where you're offered the toolbar. From what I've seen, you should be able to remove it from Add/Remove programs. It should be under Яндекс (hopefully, the only thing there in a Cyrillic alphabet! :eek:) Post back here if that does not remove it.

P.S. Not trying to criticize; just letting anyone reading know about how the Yandex toolbar gets installed. Personally, I consider all toolbars malware, no matter who makes them.
thanks for your help I must have done something wrong ill go back to my other pc to remove it fortunally it only shows up on Mozilla Firefox not chrome.

There is an add-on for Firefox I use that links to Google Translate you can get it from the Google Extensions or the author here http://translatorforfirefox.blogspot.co.uk/ I find it very useful for finding what or what not to click on foreign Language sites. Just go to the site and click the T the add-on puts on your menu bar also works if you just highlight text and click on it, It's just a quick route to Google Translate.

There is an add-on for Firefox I use that links to Google Translate you can get it from the Google Extensions or the author here http://translatorforfirefox.blogspot.co.uk/ I find it very useful for finding what or what not to click on foreign Language sites. Just go to the site and click the T the add-on puts on your menu bar also works if you just highlight text and click on it, It's just a quick route to Google Translate.
Thanks for that it really helps as these foreign language sites can be hard to work out:)

Well I have got rid of that annoying Toolbar finally I was wondering if anyone knows a direct link to the rolling stock of the Kazan metro as I had them but lost them as I said earlier and like them more than the route itself. Trouble is I cannot remember where I got them originally as it was 12 months ago.

Well to update even through the Kazan Metro link on Rutrainz seems to have a issue the other stuff on the site seems ok .My anti virus picks up no issues their are some good Russian subway cars as well as other Russian stuff their well worth a look.

Can someone walk me step by step to download the Kazan Metro latest version to TS2010.

See post #16. The important thing is to RIGHT-CLICK the link where I say to, not click the link like you would a regular link. You have to select COPY LINK then paste it into your browser URL bar.

One you download Kazan Metro, DO NOT click on it i.e. run it. Instead, start WinRAR (or 7zip, if you have it), navigate to the file, and then click on it from within WinRAR. It will open like a normal archive file. Extract the CDP files inside to wherever you want and delete the EXE file.

I am uploading a video to you tube using some good Russian stock I got from one of the links on this thread its not up yet still in the process look up trainz subway rush hour and you should find it.

Back